Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

So, Witsel is box to box right? Your going to pair him up with another box to box CM??

Your right on the champs league fixtures. But I meant to say European games...

Also, Ki going on loan was mostly due to personal issues he got himself into, rather than football reasons...Their a reason why Landrup didnt sell Ki and only loaned him out.

Asia WCQ may be easier than Europe, however, Korea and Japan have always done decent -well in the world cup.. (You know the same Japan team that beat Belgium in belgium for a recent friendly).

Is Shaw strong? How so? In the recent game, he didnt look awfully strong..

Well you have not been watching him play this season clearly. From the game yesterday shown on MOTD you could see evidence of his strength and acceleration. He lost his balance once against Sissoko but most games this season he has been very solid. He has got most abilities you want in a modern day FB, especially considering he is still a teenager. Excellent prospect!

Ki might not be starting material for Chelsea, but as a squad player with our current options he would be.

I dont have anything against Shaw. I said Mourinho might not favor breaking the bank for him judging upon how hes playing our full backs right now...

I prefer Alaba, Marcelo, like you said attacking fullbacks, however, that doesnt mean Mourinho does as well...

Also, why not Michu?

Michu is good but he is not a natural striker. He is really a second striker. We would never by Michu to be our no.1 striker because of simply that reason.plus I don't think he will prove to be the CF we need. Lukaku is a better striker than him so no point.

Ki might not be starting material for Chelsea, but as a squad player with our current options he would be.

I dont have anything against Shaw. I said Mourinho might not favor breaking the bank for him judging upon how hes playing our full backs right now...

I prefer Alaba, Marcelo, like you said attacking fullbacks, however, that doesnt mean Mourinho does as well...

Also, why not Michu?

you're biased mate. We don't need squad players. We have numbers in the CM position - Mikel Essien Ramires Lampard Oriol MvG and the youngsters at the club as well. We need someone in his prime because at the moment only Ramires has consistently performed in the CM position

Gustavo cost Wolfsburg 14 million Euros or so, it was reported he had offers from English clubs, possibly from us as we were reported to have been interested, but he just did not want to gamble not being a definite starter or struggling to adapt to a new league which would cause him to lose his spot in Brazil's first 11.

We need someone in centre midfield in January, be it a CM/DM/B2B or whatever. it's a must.

Gustavo wants to play usual starter rather than bench player for securing his national squad in 2014 World Cup, no way to join Chelsea

Gustavo wants to play usual starter rather than bench player for securing his national squad in 2014 World Cup, no way to join Chelsea

surely he would be a regular starter here. he is way better than anything we already have.

The current DM situation is the perfect opportunity for Chalobah to break into the first team.My preferred dm options next season would be-

Ramires,(someone like Witsel,Pogba),MVG,Lampard and Chalobah.

Essien and Mikel have been great players for the club but I believe its time they move on and look for a club with regular first team opportunities.I'd still keep Lampard but offer him a lesser role like how Mikel is getting this season,if he does not wish to play so little then honestly I would not mind seeing him leave but my first preference would be for him to stay.IF he does leave then someone like Romeu or Josh should replace him.

The current DM situation is the perfect opportunity for Chalobah to break into the first team.My preferred dm options next season would be-

Essien and Mikel have been great players for the club but I believe its time they move on and look for a club with regular first team opportunities.I'd still keep Lampard but offer him a lesser role like how Mikel is getting this season,if he does not wish to play so little then honestly I would not mind seeing him leave but my first preference would be for him to stay.IF he does leave then someone like Romeu or Josh should replace him.

Perfect if it's gonna work out that way...Youth, Experience, Creativity, Work-rate--Its gonna be a perfect pivot.

so in fact we would lose 1 midfielder (mikel), we would have one, who is 1 year older than now (lampard), one great B2B (ramires) and maybe one good midfielder added. and futhermore a talent, who hasnt proven anyhting yet...sounds not so good, eh?

futhermore witsel is not really what we need. he is also kind of like a b2b, and we have one in Ramires. witsel is just physically stronger and has a better passing-game.

so in fact we would lose 1 midfielder (mikel), we would have one, who is 1 year older than now (lampard), one great B2B (ramires) and maybe one good midfielder added. and futhermore a talent, who hasnt proven anyhting yet...sounds not so good, eh?

futhermore witsel is not really what we need. he is also kind of like a b2b, and we have one in Ramires. witsel is just physically stronger and has a better passing-game.

that sounds like just what we need tbh

that sounds like just what we need tbh

I thnk that we need someone who can dictate the game from the deep. someone like alonso/modric. this type. Pogba shines at Juve because he has Pirlo to his side, who dictates the game for example. Witsel is not really someone who dictates the game. also he isnt really shining for Zenit at all. he stagnates in his development.

Well I don't want to get in the Witsel debate but I wanted to say in the last post was that we should only sign ONE class defensive midfielder(who ever it may be) and look to our own players for depth.

We need players who'll have an instant impact and that means shelling out at least 25m+(otherwise the club would have looked internally itself for solutions as we have loads of options). January will be a difficult period to get players so I'd rather wait another 6 months for better deals and perhaps more variety.There is no need for squad players.

We need players who'll have an instant impact and that means shelling out at least 25m+(otherwise the club would have looked internally itself for solutions as we have loads of options). January will be a difficult period to get players so I'd rather wait another 6 months for better deals and perhaps more variety.There is no need for squad players.

The point that some of you are missing is the EVERY WINDOW is now a big transfer feeding frenzy. What do you think clubs like Monaco will be doing during and after the World Cup this summer?

You see a target who can be bought in January, you take him. Guarin is a good player. no one knows how a player will adapt to the Premier League, but Fredy is roughly the build of Dembele with a wicked long shot.

Guarin and Matic would be good January business if that's what is brewing (although I would prefer something like Matic and M. Diame). I doubt January is going to give Chelsea a top, big-impact striker unless Monaco agree to loan-out Falcao for some reason. The strikers at Chelsea are not great right now, but they are truly just part of a problem with this club's squad right now.