Juan Mata

Severinb

I've been trying to think where he'd play under Mourinho there and I'm struggling. Think it's impossible, actually. Unless Mata is fine now with being a reserve player which we know he isn't.

I figured José would make nice initially and play him but thinking about it more, nope. He'll obviously buy a new, top striker (Zlatan) and his captain who he's always loved as a player in Rooney will likely be his #10 which is by far Mata's best position. Martial will be his Hazard and he'll likely buy a new player for their right side. Zero chance Mou plays Mata out wide and he isn't great there anyways.

There is no spot for him once again. He's got to flee Mourinho again. Back to Spain or to a smaller PL club. Can't see him fitting a Conte side either.

Never thought Jose chose Oscar over Mata, pure and simply. He chose Oscar over Mata because Eden already enjoyed the only free role any team can afford - as per Andre interview some time back.

So, he chose Oscar to do the work Hazard just can't do - neither can Juan.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jose played Mata at United since it's a completely different team setup. The problem there is actually rooney who is being fielded in that free role. I am no fan of mata, even after OScar's worse season I just don't see Mata doing much better. And yet, I'd prob start Mata over rooney who's gotten just so fucking heavy and slow lately.

I wouldn't mind having him back, especially if we fail to bring world beaters à la Griezmann, Dybala or James. I'd rather see Baker here instead but that probably will never happen.... Only thing I'm not sure is that whether Mata fits into Conte's philosophy but something like Matic - Mata - Nainggolan could be great. On the other hand, then we would have two playmakers (Mata and Cesc) who are both useless against top teams. 

If he leaves there and wants to stay on the PL I could see him going to one of these second tier, up and coming sides like Wet Spam. He'd be a show piece, "look at the caliber of player we can now attract" sort of signing for them.

• 1 month later...

I feel so bad for him. :(

Mourinho has literally ruined his career when you think about it. Was well on his way to becoming one of the best attacking players in the world here and was forced out against his will by Mou. Same thing is going to happen now. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Just the usual JM stunt in place here, sent packing, shirt already with another player, Giggs out and already JM has complete control of the ship...It will all end in tears.

Im so fucking glad this club are shot of JM.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with this...