Juan Mata

Severinb

Simply not good enough to be a main guy in a team that wants to win a league. Even if he has a great eye and pass, he's too slow and not dynamic enough. He'll be a good player in a team that fights for Top-4 (Everton under Koeman will be that team, I think), but that's it. No wonder he finished in Top-4 only in 2 out of 5 seasons in Premier League. But he's a wonderful person and I wish him happiness.

19 hours ago, Pizy said:

I feel so bad for him. :(

Mourinho has literally ruined his career when you think about it. Was well on his way to becoming one of the best attacking players in the world here and was forced out against his will by Mou. Same thing is going to happen now. 

Yeah the memory of the 3 amigos playing for Cfc still hold great fondness,some super attacking football.

Poor little guy, such a lovely person. However, even I adore him to bits I still have to admit he is probably a little bit weak for teams challenging for major titles. Everton suits him quite well.

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Surprised he's off to Everton of all places. Jose didn't hang about.

FFs lol can't u remember Mata was lucky to get 3/4 months when he came back here.

On 7/3/2016 at 10:40 PM, LAM09 said:

Surprised he's off to Everton of all places. Jose didn't hang about.

Think it's because Koeman is there now. He was the manager who gave Mata his big break at Valencia and Mata has always spoken very fondly of Koeman.

Think it's because Koeman is there now. He was the manager who gave Mata his big break at Valencia and Mata has always spoken very fondly of Koeman.

The new owner is paying a big part as well. However, I'm sure Mata would prefer to move to Spain (preferably Valencia) given the chance.

The new owner is paying a big part as well. However, I'm sure Mata would prefer to move to Spain (preferably Valencia) given the chance.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Man...I know he doesn't have a spot on the team now given our more pressing needs in defence and whatnot, but I would love to see him wear the Chelsea blue again. I always loved him and rated him.

Mata playing in a Conte team would make Mata and Jose look like a match made in heaven.

• 2 weeks later...