Juan Mata

Severinb

He was still a better player with us. He's better now technically and plays as a more allrounded player, but he won more games for us. His mentality was better here because this was his new home. United will never feel like his home, he still looks alienated there.

10 hours ago, Fernando said:

Cared to explain? Since he was the manager and he was implementing the style and getting the players he wanted. 

At Chelsea, Mourinho preferred Oscar as he wanted balance in the midfield.  (He already had Hazard in terms of creativity)

At United, he needs Mata as they don't really have anyone else capable of the creative spark. (Rooney's on the decline, Miki is still adapting and Martial is injured atm)

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

Cared to explain? Since he was the manager and he was implementing the style and getting the players he wanted. 

The same reason why we're not playing Fabregas right now.
I love Mata but that's the harsh, cold truth. Still I wouldn't have sold him, but sometimes you don't have power over certain things.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 1:03 PM, The Skipper said:

Jose is actually a clown. Confirmed. 

Good morning pal.

To me the actual clowns are the ones who change their opinions about managers when managers change their clubs. Anyway at least after years, you were able to figure out what many have been saying here years ago. Again good morning.

14 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Good morning pal.

To me the actual clowns are the ones who change their opinions about managers when managers change their clubs. Anyway at least after years, you were able to figure out what many have been saying here years ago. Again good morning.

What are you exactly talking about sorry? 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Didn't track Hazard for the goal yesterday. :lol:

It's moments like that makes Mata getting so much game time under Mourinho at United so bizarre. He couldn't wait to bench him here 3 years ago!

Since August has he actually been getting any more game time than he did under Jose here?

He's only started 2 games out of 6 league games since the return from the first international break, and IRRC 1 in 3 average was roughly how many he started under Mou until he was sold.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Didn't track Hazard for the goal yesterday. :lol:

It's moments like that makes Mata getting so much game time under Mourinho at United so bizarre. He couldn't wait to bench him here 3 years ago!

Tbh, he seems to get better results (barring the big games they've played this season), when Mata is present. IMO he still doesn't try him out enough, even if its more of a chance than he got here.

The main reason he reverts back to Mata is because the other options, namely Rooney, and now Pogba, are not delivering enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2016 at 3:52 PM, Jason said:

Not yet. But the whole situation is just so strange.

Allegedly its all down to Mata's height and a rumour of them falling out whilst together at Stamford Bridge.

Its insane though, Mata is a very good player and one who would be far more consistent regularly playing but I think it highlights what kind of manager Jose is. United will probably be reshaped (if he manages to keep the job) and perhaps other players will rejoin him.

He should allow Juan to move on if he won't feature, as I would like to see him back at Chelsea.

Would anyone else have him back if you had the chance?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...