Juan Mata

Severinb

On 5/14/2017 at 6:14 PM, RoyalBlues said:

It's a shame a foreign player who love playing in England the most, would probably not winning any PL title for his entire career.

Still can't wrap my head around his situation with Mourinho at Man United.

The latter wouldn't play Mata much here but has been giving so much game time at United.

Shame that Mata left in 2014. Might well have gotten 2 league titles by now had he stayed.

On 5/14/2017 at 11:14 AM, RoyalBlues said:

It's a shame a foreign player who love playing in England the most, would probably not winning any PL title for his entire career.

His Champions League winners medal makes up for that.

I hope other people agree that it's obvious he considers Chelsea and not United home. I'm not sure what makes it obbvious but it feels so.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The latter wouldn't play Mata much here but has been giving so much game time at United.

Shame that Mata left in 2014. Might well have gotten 2 league titles by now had he stayed.

The answers easy, at Chelsea he had Eden Hazard, at United he doesn't have a player close to that class so he needs Mata more.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Jason said:

He recalls THAT night in Munich.

Great read, i miss the little guy playing for us, Mata still loves Chelsea, i wont lie im still gutted he left us for United, such a big shame, such a special player, he was loved by us, he was such an awesome player for us during his stay here, he loved the club, always gave his best, i always loved his blogs, he´s such a class player and person on and off the field, very humble and hardworking, a great example to any player out here, never threw a tantrum, just went on about his business in the best way possible, and even after leaving he wished nothing but the best for us and made sure we got a great fee for him by United, thats what you call real class, hey Costa take note! Cheers Mata and KTBFFH, once a blue always a blue, thank you for everything, specially in Munich :)

• 4 months later...
On 15/05/2017 at 3:47 PM, Jason said:

I cant wrap my head around Mourinho in general.The players hes got shot of because he couldn't work with them. Lukaku and Mata amongst them.

I'm wondering what the odds are at the bookies of him trying for Moses and Salah?

• 2 weeks later...

Where is he going to play if United get Sanchez? I see Martial/Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba and Lingard reserving the attacking roles for now and he'll soon become surplus to requirements. Maybe a cheeky bid for Mata wouldn't be such a bad idea? :) We could seriously use some creativity in the team.

Regardless of him playing, not playing, who he plays for etc. he is an absolutely fantastic and exemplary guy, the common goal initiative is going to make a real difference and quite frankly I think that a lot more should be willing to get involved. I meant to post this sooner but never bothered until I seen the thread in the view new posts section. 

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Regardless of him playing, not playing, who he plays for etc. he is an absolutely fantastic and exemplary guy, the common goal initiative is going to make a real difference and quite frankly I think that a lot more should be willing to get involved. I meant to post this sooner but never bothered until I seen the thread in the view new posts section. 

He could score a hat trick against us in a final and I'd still rate him as one of my favourite players.  His class extends well beyond the pitch.

On 15/01/2018 at 2:26 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

He could score a hat trick against us in a final and I'd still rate him as one of my favourite players.  His class extends well beyond the pitch.

Totally blows me away that 2 very good players of ours that was forced out by our manager at that time now plays for said manager at a different club!!!

Couldn't make that shit up could you!

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Totally blows me away that 2 very good players of ours that was forced out by our manager at that time now plays for said manager at a different club!!!

Couldn't make that shit up could you!

I know.  Right after Jose was announced as the Utd manager, I thought "Shit.  Mata can't seem to catch a break lately".

But, he's playing him.  Don't know why he couldn't have done that here.  

• 1 month later...
On January 20, 2018 at 0:25 PM, Sideshow Luiz said:

I know.  Right after Jose was announced as the Utd manager, I thought "Shit.  Mata can't seem to catch a break lately".

But, he's playing him.  Don't know why he couldn't have done that here.  

He's doing the exact same thing with Mata at United he did here, rotating him. The only difference is, Juan is accepting that role this time round instead of rage quitting. Maybe those player of the year awards got to his head.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

He's doing the exact same thing with Mata at United he did here, rotating him. The only difference is, Juan is accepting that role this time round instead of rage quitting. Maybe those player of the year awards got to his head.

I didn't think at the time that he was being rotated here.  It seemed like he was only playing bit parts in the League cup, or substitute appearance.  I remember feeling at the time that Jose wanted to make an example of him.

Can't find it anymore, but I read something similar with his time at Porto.

Last person I'd accuse of being big headed is Mata.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I didn't think at the time that he was being rotated here.  It seemed like he was only playing bit parts in the League cup, or substitute appearance.  I remember feeling at the time that Jose wanted to make an example of him.

Can't find it anymore, but I read something similar with his time at Porto.

Last person I'd accuse of being big headed is Mata.

He never went more than 3 games without a start here under Mou, not 100% sure on the exact figures but i would imagine Mata's starts come at a similar ratio at Old Trafford.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

He never went more than 3 games without a start here under Mou, not 100% sure on the exact figures but i would imagine Mata's starts come at a similar ratio at Old Trafford.

That's still fairly sparse considering that he was our 2x player of the year.  Though, I have to admit, I thought it was even less than that.

• 1 month later...

May have said this before but when I was watching United v West Brom last night, really can't help but feel (again) Mata's career has gone downhill after joining United. Was onto something, looked to be part of something special when he was with us but he's become just another player at United. What a shame. Could have won 2 league titles by now!