Juan Mata

Severinb

Very disappointed. I thought Mata was better. If he hasn't got any other offer and wants to play first team football, he should have asked Chelsea to look for a loan deal somewhere out of England with a buy option in the end of the season. (I am sure he will have many offers if he plays regularly). If he decides to go to United then screw him, very disappointing and lost a lot of respect towards him from me.

Jose fucked up in the first place to be fair...

Haris@CampeonesOleOle5m

Juan Mata's created 30 chances this season, six more than Oscar. Considering the fact he hasn't even had half the game time, that's holy.

Is this true?

That, whilst playing the majority of the season out of position too. Pretty impressive.

This sell underlines Jose's style: win. Not complaining just saying. Under him we wont be anything beautiful in the normal sense. We'll be effective and athletic..just like all his teams before. Nothing new really.

Saw this on theshedend, I've seen many fans and pundits saying Jose wants us to play the same way we did in his first reign, it kind of irks me because imo we're clearly playing a different way, next season we'll improve, our pressing will be better, we'll attack with more purpose and the goals will come. We're not going to play 'tiki taka' football, but that doesn't mean it's going to be boring...

No one can ensure that we will use the money for new players...

We will continue to play without a normal striker.... no shaw....

just to bring some money to roman's big wallet... stupid. we have a lot of money. if roman wants to buy a player, he will buy. no need to sell mata.

What gets me about everyone being upset about this deal is the fact that we're winning right now. Without Mata in the line up. People are calling for Oscar to drop back into the pivot and for Mata to take over CAM, Why? We're two points off the lead and in the thick of the title race and people want to bitch because one player, who hasn't been playing well in the system, is sitting on the bench. We'll never be happy. I want this deal to go through out of respect for Juan. Let him get his playing time and make the WC squad.

• 40m for a benchwarmer
  • No guarantee he's as good for United as he was for us
  • They may still miss out on Champions League next year
  • 40m will be used in other areas of need, like the KdB transfer was

Of course it'll sting to see him wearing their jersey but I don't think anyone else is going to offer 40m for Mata.

PSG were rumoured to offer something like 35-40 m EUROS. so if you have the choice between

a/ selling mata for 45 m to a DIRECT RIVAL

or b/ selling him abroad for 30-35 m (yeah you are losing 10-15m) to a club in another league..what would you take?! it aint like we are dependent on 10-15 m.

I'd rather sell Oscar to United than Mata. Mourinho is one lucky son of a bitch he has a very good past here or he'd be getting all sorts of abuse like Benitez would have gotten if he'd let this happens.

Why in the world would you do that?! Oscar has been lights out all season while Mata has been unable to adjust.

Because he doesn't deserve to be treated the way he's been this season. Especially after his performances the two previous years. The man is one of the classiest and most likeable characters this club has ever seen in an era where we've had adulterers, mercenaries and racists lying all over the place. Mata IS Chelsea. He gets the club and it's supporters just like Zola & Drogba did or JT/Lamps do.

Yet he's treated like a commodity this season, frozen out without being given a legit shot & sold to our rivals. Where's the loyalty and class?

I hope it bites us in the arse like the Sturridge transfer did because it seems this club will simply never learn.

There was a Chelsea before Mata and there'll be a Chelsea after him