Juan Mata

Severinb

Tbf Mourinho has "won" this little problem with Mata. If Roman was (hypothetically) skeptical about selling Mata before, but now sees Mourinho's preferred team keep winning, surely he would think differently?

I like Juan as much as the next guy, but it's hard to see him playing at a top level here again and that's a shame. So it will be good for the player if he's sold, and for Chelsea to get a player Mourinho will actually play, and help our cause in the league and CL.

(ideally though, we sell to another club and not Man utd)

Who can we buy now?

#MUFC remain resolute that Wayne Rooney will not be sold to #CFC as part of any prospective deal for Juan Mata (Guardian)

EDIT: As I said before, ignore all bids from that club. Even if they want to buy our old water bottles. Just ignore it.

The article

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/21/wayne-rooney-sale-juan-mata-chelsea-manchester-united

Same here, really. I would be tempted if PSG are offering the reported 37m, but the fact that it is united is another point against accepting this.

The other way of looking at this is to string United along for a couple of weeks, then say no. Let their fans get excited before it being another Fabregas deal, or simply let them put all their eggs in one basket.

Ideally we'd be looking at a bidding war developing and a right-winger becoming available though. It's just a shame that players like Reus or Draxler are primarily left-sided.

Hilarious that they actually think they can refuse to sell us their best player but think we'll agree to sell them ours.

Fucking clowns. Midtable clubs don't dictate the terms. We have all the power in this situation, you cunts!

He ain't going anywhere in this transfer market just because the season is long and we're in need of some back-up attacking midfielders now that De Bruyne is gone. I can't predict the future though, but I really think he'll go somewhere else in the summer. He won't get a starting spot ahead of Oscar and Willian, that I can guarantee you, but at the same time he ain't no bench player. He has to go and he will, but I feel that now it's not the time, when we're challenging for the title and FA Cup and we're through to the next phase in UCL. An injury to Oscar or Willian, God forbid, would be a big blow and we need decent replacements such as Mata and Schurrle (at least now when we're in the title race)

But the funniest thing here is that, even when Chelsea is playing maybe the best football in a couple of years, some of you would sacrifice Oscar or Willian just to see their favourite player in. I do love Mata too, I'm a big fan and I enjoy watching him in action, but if something it's not broken, why fix it? Team's doing just well, we're in the title race, we're getting better and better by every day and all this w/o Mata on the pitch. He is a part of our recent history and I'm pointing to that Champions League campaing two seasons ago, but some of you must understand he didn't win that trophy by himself. The entire team won that trophy, with him being part of that beautiful story. But there's life after Mata too and we just have to watch how we're doing in this season to realize this.

Jose is not a fool - he sold KDB and bought Matic, he'll sell Mata and buy a replacement, he'll get rid of Torres and Demba Ba and will bring a world-class striker. That's how it works at Chelsea. Roman is in no need of money and be sure those 37 mil quid will go somewhere else for other player. Some months ago I would have thought if someone will ofer 20-25 mil for him would be a good deal, but now, 37, oh boy, that's the real deal and allows us to go out there and bid for a world-class striker.

All things considering a £37m bid from a club outside England would probably be enough to tempt me but United can go fuck themselves. If they're not willing to sell us one of their best because they're afraid he might strengthen our title challenge then why would we let them have a player who has the potential to be one of the best playmakers in the league when properly utilised?

Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho wanted to sell though, it would only further boost his ego if he could say he sold one of the finest players in the league to a rival and still won the title. :P

Hilarious that they actually think they can refuse to sell us their best player but think we'll agree to sell them ours.

Fucking clowns. Midtable clubs don't dictate the terms. We have all the power in this situation, you cunts!

Pretty much this is why I would not like to sell to them.

But 37 is 37 for someone who is no longer our starter.

I don't know it's too tough to call, I'm glad I'm not Mourinho. Let him solve this issue if it it's true.

Pretty much this is why I would not like to sell to them.

But 37 is 37 for someone who is no longer our starter.

I don't know it's too tough to call, I'm glad I'm not Mourinho. Let him solve this issue if it it's true.

It's really not just down to Mourinho, is it? Jose's already said all he needs to say about this and by all accounts he would prefer Mata to stay, especially after De Bruyne already left. If Mata himself asks for a move, then it's up to Jose and the board to think what's best for the club but so far Mata hasn't struck me as a guy who would demand a transfer and even if he did, I doubt Manchester United in their current state would interest him as much as returning to Spain or going to a club like PSG would so I have a feeling he will stay at least until the summer.

He hasn't been a major part of the national team no matter how well he's played in the past so unlike in De Bruyne's case playing a minor role for the rest of the season and then carefully thinking about the next move in the summer is a good option for Mata if the alternative is to go to Manchester United now and play in the Europa League with Moyes for who knows how long.