Juan Mata

Severinb

I'm also struggling to see the vast improvement we've made this season as well. We're still third like we were last season

We have our highest points tally in the league since the ancelloti era. Vast improvement this season in that aspect.

And this season even though we've lost some games, the only team that outplayed us in a match so far is basel and bayern (in extratime). If I bring out the list of last season, we won't finish today.

All because we're third in the League and won games without him in the team. Liverpool have a better record without Suarez in the team, did they make the wrong choice not selling him to Arsenal in the summer instead of building the team around Sturridge & Coutinho?

Mourinho fixed one annoying problem we had last season. We could never win any match anytime mata didn't play or if mata was on bad form. Our system was dependent on giving mata total freedom.

The right system for a top team to depend on people or give freedom, are for stikers who score at the rate of a goal a game.(Messi, ronaldo, suarez, ibrahimovic).

And on top of this, high pressure system has proven to be very successful in the last few years (barca under guardiola, athletico madrid now, dortmund, bayern last season, even Brazil NT do this) We are adopting it which is the better system for the future and I'm sure we will reap the rewards in years to come.

Even though, I always liked Mata, but the team depended on him too much. When he played well, the team won.

This season Jose made changes & Mata has not adapted to it yet.

Those who think, Mata is hard done by Jose, I suggest to review the games when Mata had played.

Currently, Jose can not or will not bench Hazard, Oscar or William just to play Mata. In my view, Jose is correct.

Whether he will be sold I do not know. However, he ought to be sold, but in the summer.

Never going to happen unless we're replacing him with someone on his level and is more of a Mourinho player e.g. Reus. The chances of that happening are very slim indeed.

We won't sign a striker simply because we've already let KDB go. We would go from having too many AMs, to having too little for the rest of the season. One injury and we could be fucked from overplaying 3 of them.

Would Ronaldo, Iniesta, Messi, Silva, Ozil or Ibra get into this team considering they don't track back and win tackles? That seems to be the only argument against Mata it seems.

Iniesta doesn't press now?

Have you watched Barca in the last decade? Their pressing game was a massive part of their success and EVERY player contributed to it. Iniesta statistically makes TWICE the number of tackles as Mata does per match.

I cannot believe my fucking eyes. A Chelsea supporter said Oscar can dictate a game better than Mata? I would love a list of games where Oscar ran the show.

Try the early season matches where he racked up MOTM awards most weeks, or more recently the Southampton game where he dominated. The guy is still young as well.

We will NOT sell Juan simply because if we do, we will need to get another attacking midfielder before the window ends. Letting KDB go meant that Jose wants Mata here, at least until the end of the season.

Exactly. Unless we immediately use the cash to go and get Reus or get Rooney in exchange than it makes no sense to sell him for straight cash. Might not effect us much this season but I'd absolutely dread playing United with Mata in the future.

photo-823.png?_r=1370334448

LOL. Typical Mourinho Zealot. Not even going to bother rebutting this garbage post.

Our manager is not infallible people.

Not 'infallible'?, well no shit, mind blowing logic here from Gilvorak, listen to this guy folks..

Mourinho Zealot / Mata Zealot [or insert another Zola esc 'one man team' player here]

We can discredit people all day long with titles, I only see arguments and going by yours.. maybe it's time to stick to making & editing videos. :rolleyes:

We will NOT sell Juan simply because if we do, we will need to get another attacking midfielder before the window ends. Letting KDB go meant that Jose wants Mata here, at least until the end of the season.

But if we could get another attacking midfielder in (one who might actually get a game for us), he could leave. Letting KDB go was a result of Mourinho not wanting to use him currently and him wanting to go.

I'm not saying he will go but if Monaco or PSG joined the fun then who knows. The big issue could be the Champions League, although I don't think it's the biggest priority at the moment. The league and building for the future seem to be the most important focuses for our club, or maybe I'm wrong.

photo-823.png?_r=1370334448

LOL. Typical Mourinho Zealot. Not even going to bother rebutting this garbage post.

Our manager is not infallible people.

He's not infallible, but he is unique for us fans. We don't get another shot with Mourinho. There's a special bond with him and he seems to be getting results for us and most of us want him to stick around because he's a top manager.

We've beaten Liverpool, Man City and Man United at home. We're undefeated at Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and the Emirates yet because he hasn't picked one player, he's getting stick from certain quarters. People aren't happy with the 'system' he's using so they're going to throw their toys out of the pram and be sarcastic in a completely dull manner. Yes we finished third last year but the mood at the Bridge was utterly shit - he's brought people's smiles back. The atmosphere has changed completely, but there's always berks on the internet ready to moan about the most insignificant shit.

Exactly. Unless we immediately use the cash to go and get Reus or get Rooney in exchange than it makes no sense to sell him for straight cash. Might not effect us much this season but I'd absolutely dread playing United with Mata in the future.

Reus plays on the left wing we already have Eden over there so where will Reus play?Is he effective on the right wing as well?

Moyes is an idiot if he thinks that Mata will save him. Their squad suffers in the central midfield and heart of defence.

Players that can't cut it at Man Utd anymore:

Rafael da Silva: While I think he is a decent RB, I can't shake that feeling that his IQ test scores would be below 100.

Nemanja Vidic: A shadow of himself. Broken by injuries.

Patrice Evra: Can't defend, never has been able to.

Tom Cleverly: Haha.

Ryan Giggs: Too old and slow for the wings and can't defend well enough as a CM.

Alexander Buttner: Like Evra he can attack well but can't defend.

Ashley Young: Dive, dive, dive until you dive yourself to death.

Rio Ferdiand: I think his body is breaking down and he just doesn't have the physicality to cut it anymore.

Nani: Good at stepovers.

Fabio da Silva: About as intelligent as his brother but with the added bonus of being less talented.

Shinja Kagawa: Can only play one position (very well I might add) but he isn't even the best at the club in said position.

They should deal with all these rubbish players before even thinking about Juan Mata.

But if we could get another attacking midfielder in (one who might actually get a game for us), he could leave. Letting KDB go was a result of Mourinho not wanting to use him currently and him wanting to go.

I'm not saying he will go but if Monaco or PSG joined the fun then who knows. The big issue could be the Champions League, although I don't think it's the biggest priority at the moment. The league and building for the future seem to be the most important focuses for our club, or maybe I'm wrong.

It's risky, imo. To bring a player in mid-season and wait for him to adapt to the team and learn the system. The options are also very limited in Jan and obviously if we want a player of Mata's caliber then he probably wont be eligible for the CL. And even though we got Matic for a good price, deals in Jan are often at an inflated price.

Honestly, I think Mata will be gone in the summer but I don't see any need to get rid of him now and weaken our team needlessly. IMO, he still has a role to play till the end of the season.

The best bit of business that Moyes can do is to go for that Rooney Mata swap- the only way he can get Mourinho to sell Mata to them.

He is gonna lose Rooney anyway since he is not keen on another United contract, might as well get Mata in the process. Make sense to us as well since we could use Rooney more than we could use Mata.

As much as I love Mata's talent, I don't see him getting back into our first team any time soon. I hate to see Mata not go to the WC when players like Negredo are sure to go.

It's risky, imo. To bring a player in mid-season and wait for him to adapt to the team and learn the system. The options are also very limited in Jan and obviously if we want a player of Mata's caliber then he probably wont be eligible for the CL. And even though we got Matic for a good price, deals in Jan are often at an inflated price.

Honestly, I think Mata will be gone in the summer but I don't see any need to get rid of him now and weaken our team needlessly. IMO, he still has a role to play till the end of the season.

The bolded bit is a good reason to sell Mata now. It's unlikely he'll increase in value post-World Cup and United are desperate.

I agree that losing him weakens us, but I'm also not that sure if keeping him strengthens us. It's a tricky one, but I wouldn't be certain either way right now.

What happens when Oscar or Hazard get injured ?

If Oscar gets injured I'd imagine Hazard would move into the middle and Schurrle would go on the left.

If Hazard gets injured, Schurrle starts.

I think these are the cases whether we have Mata or not. He'd get more games if we had injuries but I'd expect them to be on the right.

The best bit of business that Moyes can do is to go for that Rooney Mata swap- the only way he can get Mourinho to sell Mata to them.

He is gonna lose Rooney anyway since he is not keen on another United contract, might as well get Mata in the process. Make sense to us as well since we could use Rooney more than we could use Mata.

As much as I love Mata's talent, I don't see him getting back into our first team any time soon. I hate to see Mata not go to the WC when players like Negredo are sure to go.

Rooney is shittier and fatter version of Mata which can finish - only swap for Mata I would welcome is Cavani for Mata not some fat scouse injured cunt.

Negredo is one of the few Spanish strikers who deserve to go the WC

Whether Jose decides to sell Mata not one us know now.

There are plenty of CL games to be played & Mata will play in those. Perhaps, not as a starter but he can come on around, later.

Jose is too shrewed to sell to Manures. They are gone fishing & let them enjoy their trip.