Juan Mata

Severinb

But why would we sell him to our major rival in the EPL while we might get the same amount of transfer fee from a foreign club?

Yes a Mata won't solve all of United's problems but at least it would be a brilliant start. And lastly we have absolutely zero rush to offload Mata so IMO it would be a irrational decision to sell him to United just for the sake of 37mil which to Roman it's just like pocket changes.

United right now aren't a rival, yes they may become it again next season but selling them Mata will not, and I repeat will not fill their short comings, they're shite it's that simple, and a the boat is being steered by David Moyes.

You talk of 37m being pocket change....well it's not. What 37m is, is our fund for a world class striker. I would be quite happy to see Juan stay and be a squad player coming from the bench etc which it looks like it will be, but for the sum being spoke about and united being desperate bastards this is some serious amounts dosh for a bench warmer.

I respect what you are saying but this is a business and at some point we will deal if this is the amount that keeps getting thrown about. I couldn't give to showers of shit if it's united, PSG or the Iraq super 11 at some point this amount of cash makes you think.

You talk of 37m being pocket change....well it's not. What 37m is, is our fund for a world class striker.

Yes, but in the summer. Not now becuase you cant buy anyone right now.

Answer those two please:

1. Why sell him in January when you can do it in the summer for similar amounts? (to PSG, Atletico, even United maybe)

2. We are playing with 3 Am's, is it that clever to have just 4 in the squad? when in the begining of the season we had 6? are you sure 4 its enough when we want to win the league and we have a lot of CL and FA cup games coming up?

UTD BUYING MATA? 1 WORD FOR THAT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mata is such a good player and if he is going to get wasted on our bench we need to sell him aboard not to a EPL team that is just Stupid but hey thats the chelsea way. I mean only we loan players to teams we are going to fighing for top 4. Moses to liverpool and R.L to Everton? who ever signed them off should be fired too. and i bet if mata goes it will be the same person who did the loans of R.L and V.M

Moses would have rotted in bench if not for the loan, Lukaku in Everton has been a thorn for most of our rivals and gets decent game time as well. Can't see how these deals were so bad. But of course no Mata to United sale ever.

If they don't bring 45-50mil, or do a swap for rooney, I don't see why we should sell mata to manutd.

We won't hear the end of it in the press when he succeeds there. And we would end their problem of finding top players for them.

United right now aren't a rival, yes they may become it again next season but selling them Mata will not, and I repeat will not fill their short comings, they're shite it's that simple, and a the boat is being steered by David Moyes.

1 thing people keep ignoring when they talk about how shit Moyes has turned Utd = RVP.

Man utd under Fergie were slightly above average last season, they got dominated away at Liverpool, Chelsea and City and still won because of RVP.

Then all those lesser teams who raced into a 1-2 goal lead, only for RVP and Chicarito to engineer a comeback.

If they get him and Rooney back, they'll be fine. Add 1 of the most creative players in the league, and they will surely claim a few scalps before the end of this season.

(They already beat Arsenal with Rooney and RVP in the side)

Yes, but in the summer. Not now becuase you cant buy anyone right now.

Answer those two please:

1. Why sell him in January when you can do it in the summer for similar amounts? (to PSG, Atletico, even United maybe)

2. We are playing with 3 Am's, is it that clever to have just 4 in the squad? when in the begining of the season we had 6? are you sure 4 its enough when we want to win the league and we have a lot of CL and FA cup games coming up?

We may not get any where near 37M for him, bare in mind this is apparently coming from a club more desperate than a tramp for a fuck.

I think you are confusing me with someone who wants to sell as opposed to what makes sense in money terms to make sense. Of course I don't want him to be sold, and if we do it will be difficult to find a replacement who will 1, want to come in and have to settle for bench duty now and then or 2, has the same quality and comes in January. There is no simple solution and the perfect way is, is that we wait til summer and hopefully get enormous amounts then, but its'a all hypothetical right now a bit like the perfect back up keeper who doesn't want to sit on the bench but is top notch enough to step in.

1 thing people keep ignoring when they talk about how shit Moyes has turned Utd = RVP.

Man utd under Fergie were slightly above average last season, they got dominated away at Liverpool, Chelsea and City and still won because of RVP.

Then all those lesser teams who raced into a 1-2 goal lead, only for RVP and Chicarito to engineer a comeback.

If they get him and Rooney back, they'll be fine. Add 1 of the most creative players in the league, and they will surely claim a few scalps before the end of this season.

I remember the same dilemma with City and Mancini.

I really wanted them to win last season because I knew how shit he was.

They where at best mediocre no matter all the best player they had.

And now that they have a good manager they are no joke.

Mata going to Untied with Moyes in charge would be the same. Not a team I will worry a lot about.

RvP and Rooney will help, it will not cover all their problems, their midfield is quite awful and their defence in the same mess.

They are four/five players short, this season is over for them Rooney or RvP will be a wound cleaned for now.

We may not get any where near 37M for him, bare in mind this is apparently coming from a club more desperate than a tramp for a fuck.

I think you are confusing me with someone who wants to sell as opposed to what makes sense in money terms to make sense. Of course I don't want him to be sold, and if we do it will be difficult to find a replacement who will 1, want to come in and have to settle for bench duty now and then or 2, has the same quality and comes in January. There is no simple solution and the perfect way is, is that we wait til summer and hopefully get enormous amounts then, but its'a all hypothetical right now a bit like the perfect back up keeper who doesn't want to sit on the bench but is top notch enough to step in.

The thing is - we are not in a need of money. If we sell him in this reported 37m, or 28m in the summer.. what is the big difference? those 9-15 millions are so important for the club? i believe they are not. Anyway its never worth the risk of losing the title or fail in other trophis this season.

You are also talking about this 37m like its a big prize we can get, but in todays market its a reasonable offer for a player like Mata, not more than that.

In theory, I like the idea of having the option to bring a player of Mata's calibre and quality off the bench. We don't have top class centre forwards and we might not have the best starting XI in the league, but we do have strength in the depth and that gives us an advantage in the title race over a team like Arsenal and it allows us to be able to compete with city. Do we want to put ourselves in a position where we're having to scrounge around for a good enough replacement this late in the transfer window and allow ourselves to be at the mercy of being ripped off by clubs looking to capitalize on our desperation? Finding a quality player this late could easily cost an arm & leg. How much of the money would be left after we bring in a replacement? And would it be worth the hassle?

On the other hand though, does Mourinho trust mata enough to rotate him with Oscar? We played a team in a lower division than us, and still Mata remained on the bench. What's the point of having a quality option like him on the bench if he's not able to play in the way mourinho wants him to? How much of a use can he be to us if he's unable to fit into the manager's system? There're many things to consider and I think it comes down to weighing the benefits with the risks. For me personally, if Kevin were still here I wouldn't even hesitate to send Mata to man utd. I love Mata and he would strengthen them considerably, no doubt. But 37m for a player that's our 4th choice attacking midfielder is shrewd business despite what the press would have you believe. That money on top of our already vast transfer budget would strengthen us far more than Mata would to Utd. That's the way I see it.

I agree, but we would definitely need to bring someone in to replace Mata if he goes so we're not short-changed. For examples sake, if we go for Reus and Dortmund want an extra 10m because of the timing, then it should be reflected in our valuation of Mata. There's no reason for us to deal unless we're secure in that position for the season.

That said, our £35m+ valuation might say something in itself. Mourinho isn't the type to leave himself vulnerable unless he can help it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he already had a replacement in mind that is in and around that price bracket. KDB - Matic is a prime example.

The thing is - we are not in a need of money. If we sell him in this reported 37m, or 28m in the summer.. what is the big difference? those 9-15 millions are so important for the club? i believe they are not.

You are also talking about this 37m like its a big prize we can get, but in todays market its a reasonable offer for a player like Mata, not more than that.

37m for a bench warmer in January isn't big? It's astronomical amounts for a player not even featuring fully. I'm not sure whether you get what I am saying here.

I hope PSG or Monaco come and offer ridiculous money for him, I think that will be the best solution for Chelsea and Mata. Chelsea got lot of money, Mata will get 1st team guarantee, UCL and lot of money too, since I read his wage just 60.000/week. That is way below standard for a player like him. <_<

I told my Arsenal supporting boss someone claimed Oscar runs the game better and a superior no 10 to mata. He pissed himself laughing for a good 4 minutes. I will be in his good books now until that joke wears thin on him.

One of the greatest managers of the modern era thinks Oscar is a better number 10 than Mata (or at the very least, will become a better number 10) - who are you and your Arsenal supporting boss to question it?

I love Mata, but it's blatantly obvious he's bloody awful at defending so the team isn't as balanced with him in it.

If united wants him, then 40m + Rooney, and I think it's still low. If PSG or any other club apart from arsenal, spuds, liverpool and city wants him, then it's 40m or even less. Simple as that.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

37m for a bench warmer in January isn't big? It's astronomical amounts for a player not even featuring fully. I'm not sure whether you get what I am saying here.

I added this after you read my post: "Its never worth the risk of losing the title or fail with other trophis this season."

Yes Mata isnt a starter, but he would be important to keep Willian, Oscar and Hazard fit for the most important games we are going to play. Do you undersand the worth of depth and match fitness? Schurrle, who is our 5th best AM in the squad, wont be enough for rotation. And what if someone gets injured? whats next? play the same 3 every game? do you actually think those 37m are that tempting when you could be short of players in our BY FAR the most important area?