Juan Mata

Severinb

I would say yes, this might be the deal breaker for both parties

But if United where to go desperate and start offering silly money, like more then the 37 million being reported it will be too damn hard to turn down.

i am not aiming this at u but in general, that why are we so bothered about the "money". i am sure the people running the club have been taking care of that aspect. if we were actually in need of funds to buy some1 (say like in the summer when both falcao and cavani) were available then this would have made sense.

right now, i doubt if there is a decent "replacement" available. and the "replacement" will have to go thru the exact thing that mata is going thru, ie, be a back-up.

i am sorry, but like i said before selling mata to united (by the way, i would rather have that we sell him to psg for 30mil than united for 37mil), without rooney in exchange makes no sense at all.

If they get Coentrao, Mata and any of the CM's they're linked with then they'll almost certainly qualify for the CL. And they're in a fabulous position going into next season.

They could sell either RVP or Rooney in the summer and play Mata in a #10 role. Or imitate Pellegrini's system where they play with inverted wingers (Nasri and Silva) with the fullbacks providing the width.

Januzaj, Mata, RVP & Rooney would be incredible to watch in sync with one another.

I heard this "he isn't the player they need" nonsense when Arsenal were after Ozil in the summer too or City when they signed Negredo. They're simply certain players that you sign once they're available.

I think United's "awful squad" has been greatly exaggerated this year. Bringing in a player of Mata's quality reduces midtable players like Valencia and Young to reserve roles. Mata, Coentrao and a CM this window and they have a better squad than anyone not named City.

This is still virtually the same team that walked the League only a couple of months ago.

People need to think of it rationally, and by that I mean with perspective as football is a business whether you like it or not. IF,and it's a big IF, United are really offering us 37M pound for Mata.......sit and think about it for more than a second......37Million Pounds for a guy who isn't getting a sniff and is on the bench more often than not. United are literally paying for us to buy a world class striker and they would be getting Mata (Who don't get me wrong is quality) but they need another 4 players, it's a fucking no brainer to me.

But why would we sell him to our major rival in the EPL while we might get the same amount of transfer fee from a foreign club?

Yes a Mata won't solve all of United's problems but at least it would be a brilliant start. And lastly we have absolutely zero rush to offload Mata so IMO it would be a irrational decision to sell him to United just for the sake of 37mil which to Roman it's just like pocket changes.

What are utd going to offer him? , Europa league, bankruptcy, a crap squad, Mid-Table football, a clueless inept manager, old boys club backroom staff.... wow !!... i bet he'll run a mile !!!... psg will probably get him if he goes.

and i think we would buy another AM

This is still virtually the same team that walked the League only a couple of months ago.

Except they've lost one of the greatest managers of all time and installed Moyes, which is why they can't get any of the players they actually want.

Btw if the only reason we're reluctant to sell Mata is because of depth, why the f**k did we let go of De Bruyne so easily then?

Because he wasn't in the manager's immediate plans, wanted to leave and we needed strengthening in other areas.

The coach is always right mentality around here is really amazing, to be frank Jose has made some mistakes which hv been covered up by our poor opposition. As for Mata I dont think he would hurt the team if he started more as a 10 instead of winger, I think he would do a better job there than Oscar 3/4 of the time.

Sky Sports sources understand Chelsea will listen to offers for Spain international Juan Mata, a reported target for Manchester United

Sky Sports sources understand Chelsea would want over £35million for Juan Mata.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-for-juan-mata

UTD BUYING MATA? 1 WORD FOR THAT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mata is such a good player and if he is going to get wasted on our bench we need to sell him aboard not to a EPL team that is just Stupid but hey thats the chelsea way. I mean only we loan players to teams we are going to fighing for top 4. Moses to liverpool and R.L to Everton? who ever signed them off should be fired too. and i bet if mata goes it will be the same person who did the loans of R.L and V.M

Mata doesn't press, doesn't track back and most importantly doesn't have pace. He can only play centrally, your post is illogical.

1st game:Oscar on the right,Hazard on the left and Mata.

2nd game:Willian on the right,Hazard on the left and Oscar.

I can't find any illogical there.