Juan Mata

Severinb

For those who were talking about Mata's marketability affecting his price-tag: All i'll say is that, in the world of football, having 32 goals and 55 assists in two years is more important than marketability. When PSG have shit like Pastore soaking up resources they would kill to have Mata in their team because he is a proven player at the top-level, not because he has nice hair. For fuck sake.

Jose is not stupid to allow Mata to go ahead of CL games, I feel. Basically, Mata wants to stay anyway.

Does Mata really have chance to crack into the Spanish national team as a starter ? I do not believe it. Even if he were to play somewhere else.

Jose is not stupid to allow Mata to go ahead of CL games, I feel. Basically, Mata wants to stay anyway.

Does Mata really have chance to crack into the Spanish national team as a starter ? I do not believe it. Even if he were to play somewhere else.

Yea their NT is very very talented, cant see him breaking into the starting 11.

For those who were talking about Mata's marketability affecting his price-tag: All i'll say is that, in the world of football, having 32 goals and 55 assists in two years is more important than marketability. When PSG have shit like Pastore soaking up resources they would kill to have Mata in their team because he is a proven player at the top-level, not because he has nice hair. For fuck sake.

Your point is completely right, but facts show otherway.

Hazard will never go for 100m, even if he is/will be better player than Bale. And Hazard is quite marketable.

The difference is in the board and clubs. Spurs advertised Bale like he is god, and everyone believed it. Mata is being on bench and no one at club is upping his price, like saying he is still world class, worth 50m etc...if Mourinho or Buck would be advertising that Mata is still world class and such stuff, every club would believe and buy him. A great mind trick that works. Bale is a 60mio player at max, Mangala is 20m defender etc but their clubs talk about them with such praise that they suddenly become worth double in the eyes of buying clubs. Another thing is that we are no selling club, we dont know how to make most of the players sales. As long player is useful, we wont sale him under no condition. But as long he is not in favour (despite still being great player or prospect), we sell him for peanuts. Take a look at Sturridge. He was 23? when we sold him, he was english biggest talent among strikers and we sold him to rival. Price should be like 25m+, but we sold him for 12mio. Ridiculous, if you ask me.

Mata is class player and 10times better than Pastore, but he wont go for more than Pastore went. He is worth at least 40m, but our board and manager think he isnt and that is the problem.

Your point is completely right, but facts show otherway.

Hazard will never go for 100m, even if he is/will be better player than Bale. And Hazard is quite marketable.

The difference is in the board and clubs. Spurs advertised Bale like he is god, and everyone believed it. Mata is being on bench and no one at club is upping his price, like saying he is still world class, worth 50m etc...if Mourinho or Buck would be advertising that Mata is still world class and such stuff, every club would believe and buy him. A great mind trick that works. Bale is a 60mio player at max, Mangala is 20m defender etc but their clubs talk about them with such praise that they suddenly become worth double in the eyes of buying clubs. Another thing is that we are no selling club, we dont know how to make most of the players sales. As long player is useful, we wont sale him under no condition. But as long he is not in favour (despite still being great player or prospect), we sell him for peanuts. Take a look at Sturridge. He was 23? when we sold him, he was english biggest talent among strikers and we sold him to rival. Price should be like 25m+, but we sold him for 12mio. Ridiculous, if you ask me.

Mata is class player and 10times better than Pastore, but he wont go for more than Pastore went. He is worth at least 40m, but our board and manager think he isnt and that is the problem.

Mata does not need to be advertised, at all. Those clubs that are interested, know plenty about his ability to play football.

Exactly. People get easily on their high horse when one says Mata cannot command a high fee about 40 million pounds or so. It obviously looks absurd when you are standing from the Chelsea fan's point of view, since this is a player that has been voted as the best player of our club two seasons in a row ; that for us he is somehow the star of the team that won the Champions League, the FA Cup and and Europa League ; and that we conveniently attributes him trophies such as the World Cup and the European Championship where he — actually — hardly took part.

We gotta take into account that the persons that will eventually buy him are not Chelsea fans and by consequence have little care regarding the fact that he was voted twice as Chelsea player of the year by Chelsea fans ; those people most certainly give little value to that reward.

No, when those people will estimate a price for him, they will take into account more pragmatic facts such as : his situation at the club (whether he is the untouchable star or marginalized) ; the weight he has in medias ; his age/potential ; is he an international or not ; etc...

* First of all, he is clearly been marginalized by Mourinho, his statut within the team has changed — going from being the indispensable star to a non-indispensable squad player. Plus, it has been spread in every medias that Mata was not into José's plans. These facts will not by any means inflate his price ; a contrario, they are arguments to lower his potential price.

* Mata is a quiet guy and thus barely features into the medias, expected when it is to claim that he is unsettled in the team and is not into Mourinho's plans. High fees are generally spent on players that can sell shirts, and I am not sure that Mata have a big potential in this aspect.

* He is entering in his peak years and this is kinda the finish product ; thus they will not over-pay for what he might be, as it was the case for Hazard, Neymar, Lucas, etc...

* He is an ainternational, yes, although he cannot break into the spanish team and that is not this summer that he will do that. And he did not really participate to Spain recent sucess.

All these aforementioned points are not meant to higher his transfer fee, but at the contrary to reduce it.

Finally and above all, while we are bragging shit to death that "we are not a selling club" and that "we don't sell our best players", a lot of us did forget that Chelsea is a non-profit club and that "not a selling club" means that we litterally do not sell our players, but also that when we do not want them anymore we give them.

All the players we have decided to part ways with have had the possibility to go quite easely. Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa, Alex, Anelka, Belletti, Joe Cole, Ballack, Deco, etc... went for free. Carvalho and Zirkhov went for peanuts. The club could have sold Essien for a lot of money when it was already clear that he was past it, yet we were happy enough to keep him and pay him while he could not play. We are not afraid of sending players on loan to potential title contenders ! When we did not wanted Sturridge anymore, we did not cause any trouble to let him go to a club that has robbed us 50 million fucking pounds. As far as I can remember, the only transfer involving big money was Robben...

In other words, If Mourinho and the club deem Mata as surplus to requirement and have their eyes upon some player ; then they most certainly will not wait that someone put £50m on the table.

The bottom line is that, there are a lot of arguments for clubs to avoid paying silly money to get him — and it is quite possible that José and Roman do not even bother to counter these arguments. That is why I can easily fashion Mata being sold as a bargain, kinda like what happened with Robben and Sneijder at Madrid, and Ibrahimovic at Barça ; or even being part of an exachange deal.

Won't bother reading the essay. The last two lines of your post basically sum up the Mata situation....he's a great player but selling him wouldn't be the end of the world.

There's a difference of how much I think he's worthy and how much I think we'd realistically get for him.

I agree with most points @Peace. raised. There's no buzz surrounding Mata because he isn't a player that creates buzz - whether because of his quiet personality or because the media only decided to give him plenty of attention when Mourinho didn't use him as much.

The POTY award doesn't really matter, especially when many people think Hazard had a better year than Mata did last season (and which showed in the Balon d'Or final list). So if he doesn't even make that list that has some laughable names, you know that his markeability isn't compatible with his quality. How on earth can Bale be the most expensive player ever? It's not because of his quality alone (which I don't think is that much tbh), but how markeatable he's become.

All that said I doubt Mata will leave in January and I'm not sure he'll leave in the summer. The very top teams in the world will also offer him competition in the position (I'm talking about 4-5 teams) and the ascending clubs - like PSG, Napoli or even Atletico - have less chances of winning important titles than we do. All those things must be taken into consideration by him. If he's leaving because he has to fight for his position here, he'll have the same in top teams (all of which I doubt are even interested on him anyway) and if he wants to play in the likes of PSG then he's settling for winning League 1 because they don't stand a chance at all in European competitions (as much as we don't right now, the difference being we have Mourinho, they don't). We'll probably be among the title contenders next season. So what does he want? To be in a winning side that can raise some of the most important trophies around or shine in teams that can only compete in France and Italy? Depending on his personality and career goals he may choose one path or the other.

There's a difference of how much I think he's worthy and how much I think we'd realistically get for him.

I agree with most points @Peace. raised. There's no buzz surrounding Mata because he isn't a player that creates buzz - whether because of his quiet personality or because the media only decided to give him plenty of attention when Mourinho didn't use him as much.

The POTY award doesn't really matter, especially when many people think Hazard had a better year than Mata did last season (and which showed in the Balon d'Or final list). So if he doesn't even make that list that has some laughable names, you know that his markeability isn't compatible with his quality. How on earth can Bale be the most expensive player ever? It's not because of his quality alone (which I don't think is that much tbh), but how markeatable he's become.

All that said I doubt Mata will leave in January and I'm not sure he'll leave in the summer. The very top teams in the world will also offer him competition in the position (I'm talking about 4-5 teams) and the ascending clubs - like PSG, Napoli or even Atletico - have less chances of winning important titles than we do. All those things must be taken into consideration by him. If he's leaving because he has to fight for his position here, he'll have the same in top teams (all of which I doubt are even interested on him anyway) and if he wants to play in the likes of PSG then he's settling for winning League 1 because they don't stand a chance at all in European competitions (as much as we don't right now, the difference being we have Mourinho, they don't). We'll probably be among the title contenders next season. So what does he want? To be in a winning side that can raise some of the most important trophies around or shine in teams that can only compete in France and Italy? Depending on his personality and career goals he may choose one path or the other.

I find it funny, that you rate Cristiano so highly, yet Bale is meh...

When I look at Bale, he is a carbon copy of Cristiano. Except Cristiano has an incredible vertical (which allows incredible heading ability), but Bale passes better than Cristiano and has a wicked cross... 100m prob was over the top, however, knowing Madrid, nothing is over the top in terms of transfee fees...

Also, PSG will have a better chance winning the champs league than Chelsea this year and moving forward granted they keep their team/improve.

PSG will win ligue 1 or be 2nd place every year moving forward..

Dont know what important titles you are referring to, but PSG will have a better chance to win more titles than Chelsea with their current team and the league they play in...

Exactly. It's the only deal comparable to us possibly selling Mata which is why I think his market price would probably be between £35-40 million.

Market price needs suitors...

In Mata's case its PSG (I guess Monaco could be considered, but they already have JRod) or bust....

Knowing his current situation, im sure PSG will try to get him as cheap as possible if they do go for him even though everything revolves around Zlatan at PSG.

I find it funny, that you rate Cristiano so highly, yet Bale is meh...

When I look at Bale, he is a carbon copy of Cristiano. Except Cristiano has an incredible vertical (which allows incredible heading ability), but Bale passes better than Cristiano and has a wicked cross... 100m prob was over the top, however, knowing Madrid, nothing is over the top in terms of transfee fees...

Also, PSG will have a better chance winning the champs league than Chelsea this year and moving forward granted they keep their team/improve.

PSG will win ligue 1 or be 2nd place every year moving forward..

Dont know what important titles you are referring to, but PSG will have a better chance to win more titles than Chelsea with their current team and the league they play in...

And I find it funny that you can compare anyone to Cris with a straight face. It's more than funny, it's literally laughable.

I did say they don't have a chance winning UCL as much as we don't right now, but you have to read my post and see the context.

I started the paragraph saying 'All that said I doubt Mata will leave in January and I'm not sure he'll leave in the summer' which means I'm talking about his options for the 2014/15 season.

We don't have good chances to win UCL this year and I said as much in my post, the same way I don't think PSG will EVER have in the neaby future. And if you think going from a potential English champion to the French champion is a good career move, the okay... Also PSG buys much more than we do, so who knows who else they'll buy and that could eventually compete with him in the position?

And I find it funny that you can compare anyone to Cris with a straight face. It's more than funny, it's literally laughable.

I did say they don't have a chance winning UCL as much as we don't right now, but you have to read my post and see the context.

I started the paragraph saying 'All that said I doubt Mata will leave in January and I'm not sure he'll leave in the summer' which means I'm talking about his options for the 2014/15 season.

We don't have good chances to win UCL this year and I said as much in my post, the same way I don't think PSG will EVER have in the neaby future. And if you think going from a potential English champion to the French champion is a good career move, the okay... Also PSG buys much more than we do, so who knows who else they'll buy and that could eventually compete with him in the position?

I know Cristiano is your god, but Bale is a carbon copy to Cristiano...

I bet if Cristiano had Bale face, and vice versa, you would be all over Bale..

He plays exactly like him, except Bale can actually pass the ball while Cristiano is a bigger aerial threat.

In regards to PSG , Leonardo built a solid team all around from GK to CF.. PSG is actually in my top 5 right now in terms of european teams (Bayern, Real, Barca, City, and PSG) BVB/arsenal are a little tricky.. Moving forward, they will have a better chance to win with their huge influx of funds they have and their young talents improving (when they finally get rid of Blanc). Also, in a less competitive league, they could focus more on Champs league..

Psg play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with cavani and ibrahimovic starting.

Who is mata going to overthrow in the center? He will still play on the wings at PSG. And if he doesn't have a spectacular season, PSG will buy a replacement in the next window.

The situation he'll face at PSG seems worse than here to me.

I know Cristiano is your god, but Bale is a carbon copy to Cristiano...

I bet if Cristiano had Bale face, and vice versa, you would be all over Bale..

He plays exactly like him, except Bale can actually pass the ball while Cristiano is a bigger aerial threat.

In regards to PSG , Leonardo built a solid team all around from GK to CF.. PSG is actually in my top 5 right now in terms of european teams (Bayern, Real, Barca, City, and PSG) BVB/arsenal are a little tricky.. Moving forward, they will have a better chance to win with their huge influx of funds they have and their young talents improving (when they finally get rid of Blanc). Also, in a less competitive league, they could focus more on Champs league..

maybe you're that vain, I'm not. My favorite player in activity, not the one I think is the best, is a guy over 35 and not attractive at all. My man in tennis is Rafael Nadal and for God's sake the kid can't be less attractive if he tries (although he's obviously not ugly). My second fave in tennis is Andy Murray...

So don't talk shit just because I'm girl. Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo is hot, but to say there's a player comparable to him is laughable. End of the story. He could be as ugly as Ribery, it wouldn't make him any less good. Your argument not only is sexist, but ridiculous...

Messi is more technical, but I prefer Cristiano because of his style and because, obviously, he doesn't play for Barcelona.

I don't even bother to discuss football with the likes of you. So if you think PSG is one of the big teams in the world, good for you. It tells me a lot about you. Tit for tat.

maybe you're that vain, I'm not. My favorite player in activity, not the one I think is the best, is a guy over 35 and not attractive at all.

So don't talk shit just because I'm girl. Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo is hot, but to say there's a player comparable to him is laughable. End of the story. He could be as ugly as Ribery, it wouldn't make him any less good. Your argument not only is sexist, but ridiculous...

Messi is more technical, but I prefer Cristiano because of his style and because, obviously, he doesn't play for Barcelona.

I don't even bother to discuss football with the likes of you. So if you think PSG is one of the big teams in the world, good for you. It tells me a lot about you. Tit for tat.

You dont really say why Cristiano is better than Bale or different than Bale...

I did.

Just like how I said Cristiano was nothing compared to Ronaldo.

This style you speak of is what? You mean the same thing Bale does... Running from the wings and cutting in and shooting... Rocket free kicks.... The fact that both cant dribble at players and have to dribble around them.

Their the same exact players, which is why Madrid fans didnt know how it would work with them both on the same team...