Juan Mata

Severinb

So you have a player who is worth maybe £40 million but you don't have as first-choice in your big games. You have needs in other areas....what do you do?

£40m is a bit steep, Mata just doesn't have the marketability to command such a fee.

£40m is a bit steep, Mata just doesn't have the marketability to command such a fee.

He had the marketability to go for £23m when he was still at Valencia and you need only look at his form last season to tell he's a better player now than he was back in 2011. We're talking about a player who's won the World Cup, the European Championship, the Champions League and the Europa League in the last few years, surely he's a very 'marketable' player and the asking price should be around £35-40m if he's sold. A club like PSG can easily afford to pay that.

Personally I don't think he will leave in January. Maybe next summer but not in the middle of the season, especially now that De Bruyne looks to be on his way out as well.

Lmao, World Cup winner?, GTFO with that.. take off those blue tinted glasses. Mata was bigger than Zola for us at one point and still couldn't break into the spanish side!, he's 'barely' even an international.

Mata is a quality player but a quiet guy who strays from the limelight, hence no marketability in the sense that a Neymar or Bale has. A solid £30m he'd go for..

Lmao, World Cup winner?, GTFO with that.. take off those blue tinted glasses. Mata was bigger than Zola for us at one point and still couldn't break into the spanish side!, he's 'barely' even an international.

Mata is a quality player but a quiet guy who strays from the limelight, hence no marketability in the sense that a Neymar or Bale has. A solid £30m he'd go for..

£35 million would be the starting point in my opinion....that's Andy Carroll money don't forget. Pastore and Lucas went for roughly the same.

£35 million would be the starting point in my opinion....that's Andy Carroll money don't forget. Pastore and Lucas went for roughly the same.

Andy Carroll is an absolute anomaly though, the only context in which Mata goes for £35m is in january i.e.. panic season. So it's probably in our best interests to sell him next month.

He had the marketability to go for £23m when he was still at Valencia and you need only look at his form last season to tell he's a better player now than he was back in 2011. We're talking about a player who's won the World Cup, the European Championship, the Champions League and the Europa League in the last few years, surely he's a very 'marketable' player and the asking price should be around £35-40m if he's sold. A club like PSG can easily afford to pay that.

Personally I don't think he will leave in January. Maybe next summer but not in the middle of the season, especially now that De Bruyne looks to be on his way out as well.

Mata was always younger.....

And their are only a handful number of teams that can overpay for players....

Lucas and Pastore were younger than Mata went they got transferred.......

However, PSG can still spend stupid money due to their ridiculous amount of sponsors revenues... So, you never know...

Mata was always younger.....

And their are only a handful number of teams that can overpay for players....

Lucas and Pastore were younger than Mata went they got transferred.......

However, PSG can still spend stupid money due to their ridiculous amount of sponsors revenues... So, you never know...

So what, you're saying that for Lucas and Pastore their young age was an advantage and it somehow justified the obscure transfer fees? Look how they turned out for PSG, huge flops the both of them and constantly being rumored to be going out on loan because no one wants to spend any real money to buy them on a permanent deal. That's something that can happen when you buy players who have proven fuck all in their careers.

Being young is usually a good thing but if it comes between paying 40m for a youngster or paying the same amount for a 26-year-old who's already proven to be a world class player, I know which one is generally considered to be the better deal.

Mata at the age of 26 is worth much more than Mata three years ago or the likes of Pastore or Lucas at any points of their career to this day. Old age only becomes an issue when players near the 30 year mark but if anything, I would say a player's value rises as he grows older and gets closer to his peak.

So what, you're saying that for Lucas and Pastore their young age was an advantage and it somehow justified the obscure transfer fees? Look how they turned out for PSG, huge flops the both of them and constantly being rumored to be going out on loan because no one wants to spend any real money to buy them on a permanent deal. That's something that can happen when you buy players who have proven fuck all in their careers.

Being young is usually a good thing but if it comes between paying 40m for a youngster or paying the same amount for a 26-year-old who's already proven to be a world class player, I know which one is generally considered to be the better deal.

Mata at the age of 26 is worth much more than Mata three years ago or the likes of Pastore or Lucas at any points of their career to this day. Old age only becomes an issue when players near the 30 year mark but if anything, I would say a player's value rises as he grows older and gets closer to his peak.

Thats exactly what Im saying.....

Hazard commanded a high price for his potential.

Lucas commanded a high price cause of his potential...

(Look at Marquinhos transfer fee and age)

Pastore was a pretty good player in italy, similar to the Sanchez situation at Barcelona... Both were young players when they transferred in....However, in their current teams, they arent the main cog anymore, so their stats suffered... It's exactly like Mata in 2013-2014. Since, he isnt the main cog for Mourinho, is he a flop to?

If Mata does go to PSG, I dont know where he would play and wth they are going to do with Menez, lavezzi. pastore and lucas. However, I know for a fact he wont be the main cog at PSG as well...

people here think mata would go for less than 30mil, hahahaha LOL-MAX.

mata is 25 right now. yet to hit his peak. still chelsea POTY twice in a row. all u need to do is talk to a united/pool fan to know what they truly think of him and how much they value him at. PSG themselves were willing to shell out 35mil in the summer.