Juan Mata

Severinb

If Mata is going to be sold, I doubt it's gonna be in January really especially if De Bruyne looks more likely to be one leaving then. If we are to sell him to PSG or whoever else, we'll probably just tell them to come back in the summer for him. Moreover between Mata and De Bruyne, the former looks and has been more suitable to what Mourinho wants/prefers right now as De Bruyne is hardly even getting any look in right now. Why sell Mata now and leave us with practically 4 AMs and De Bruyne is not favored by Mourinho?

If Mata is going to be sold, I doubt it's gonna be in January really especially if De Bruyne looks more likely to be one leaving then. If we are to sell him to PSG or whoever else, we'll probably just tell them to come back in the summer for him. Moreover between Mata and De Bruyne, the former looks and has been more suitable to what Mourinho wants/prefers right now as De Bruyne is hardly even getting any look in right now. Why sell Mata now and leave us with practically 4 AMs and De Bruyne is not favored by Mourinho?

Unless they offer £35m, impossible to refuse that atm considering his status here. And to be fair 4 were always gonna be enough, especially with every single our mid so fit, hardly anyone ever got injured, it is not like we got RVP type player in the team, world class but always out for some time

Unless they offer £35m, impossible to refuse that atm considering his status here. And to be fair 4 were always gonna be enough, especially with every single our mid so fit, hardly anyone ever got injured, it is not like we got RVP type player in the team, world class but always out for some time

Like I said, if somebody wants him, we could well agree with them for the move to happen in the summer at the earliest. And how 4 AMs is considered enough when, more often than not, we play with 3 AMs? If 1 gets injured, we're suddenly stuck with 3 and have to flock them to death like how we did last season.

Like I said, if somebody wants him, we could well agree with them for the move to happen in the summer at the earliest. And how 4 AMs is considered enough when, more often than not, we play with 3 AMs? If 1 gets injured, we're suddenly stuck with 3 and have to flock them to death like how we did last season.

Big if, like we see this season and unless they are gonna be out for like 1 month each every time they are injured, we don't need to worry.

Big if, like we see this season and unless they are gonna be out for like 1 month each every time they are injured, we don't need to worry.

Even then, we still can't disregard the rotation and suspension factors. Since we are playing 3 AMs, 5 should be the minimum and arguably the max. Not 6.

The only problem with us having that many AMs right now is that all of them are A or at least a B-grade quality players and want to be playing in every game. We don't really quite have the player that will be happy or content to play as back-up/squad player, perhaps somebody like Moses for instance.

Even then, we still can't disregard the rotation and suspension factors. Since we are playing 3 AMs, 5 should be the minimum and arguably the max. Not 6.

The only problem with us having that many AMs right now is that all of them are A or at least a B-grade quality players and want to be playing in every game. We don't really quite have the player that will be happy or content to play as back-up/squad player, perhaps somebody like Moses for instance.

I would rate Kevin B+/A- for his performance last season and he is the worst out of 6. Moses will eventually want to leave as well if he is kept on the bench like Kevin, someone like Kalou would do.

I think you want 5 players for those 3 positions and I don't think KDB or Mata are ideal for what Jose wants. That's why I floated the idea of those two out and Reus in - you have Oscar and Willian in the middle (Hazard at a push) and then Willian, Hazard, Schurrle and Reus for the wings.

The other option is to let KDB leave in January, Mata in the summer then look to Piazon, Boga and Traore to fill that fifth spot.

All this is in order to finance deals for a striker, midfielder, centre-half and left-back which could easily exceed £100 million.

I think you want 5 players for those 3 positions and I don't think KDB or Mata are ideal for what Jose wants. That's why I floated the idea of those two out and Reus in - you have Oscar and Willian in the middle (Hazard at a push) and then Willian, Hazard, Schurrle and Reus for the wings.

The other option is to let KDB leave in January, Mata in the summer then look to Piazon, Boga and Traore to fill that fifth spot.

All this is in order to finance deals for a striker, midfielder, centre-half and left-back which could easily exceed £100 million.

Yes but the point you mentioned is another issue. Was only talking about the idea of selling Mata in January. It's unlikely with De Bruyne looking more likely to leave and Mata being preferred between the two by Mourinho at this point.

Yes but the point you mentioned is another issue. Was only talking about the idea of selling Mata in January. It's unlikely with De Bruyne looking more likely to leave and Mata being preferred between the two by Mourinho at this point.

I think you're probably right, but in terms of their respective values I'd expect Mata's to be higher now and De Bruyne's to be higher in the summer (after the world cup). It is nice to have two assets whose prices have risen since we purchased them though. It reflects well on the board.

I too believe, that , unless Juan wants, he won't leave in January. De Bruyne will probably leave and from there we will be left with Mata, Schurrle, Willian , Oscar and Hazard which would do anybody. I believe that we all know he will probably leave in the summer though.

World cup year guys, that changes a lot of things

In a business perspective, Mata value has been decreasing since the arrival of Jose, while as KDB value could only be going up after the World Cup.....

I would personally keep Moses as our 5 am.....He has all the physical traits necessary to excel for Jose and could be an adequate squad player to play the cup games and to give breathing room for the others....