Juan Mata

Severinb

I bet if Cristiano wasnt on Madrid and Bale had sole responsibility of every FK and had the luxury Cristiano had, he would put up similar stats to Cristiano...

It's not really that far fetched... Look at tottenham this season, they cant even score a goal and the overall team has improved this season with Lloris, sandro back, capoue, paulinho, lamela, chadi, ericksen, etc... Makes you wonder how good Bale was and is..... (Not 100m good, but still).

I bet if Cristiano wasnt on Madrid and Bale had sole responsibility of every FK and had the luxury Cristiano had, he would put up similar stats to Cristiano...

It's not really that far fetched... Look at tottenham this season, they cant even score a goal and the overall team has improved this season with Lloris, sandro back, capoue, paulinho, lamela, chadi, ericksen, etc... Makes you wonder how good Bale was and is..... (Not 100m good, but still).

You'd lose that bet...

You'd lose that bet...

You think so... He already has 9 as the second fiddle to Cristiano and doesnt even start/injured for most of this season...

In league play,

Cristiano 18 goals 123 shots....

Bale 7 goals 31 shots...

As someone mentioned before, Cristiano shoots a hell of a lot of shots. If Bale was allowed to shoot 123 shots and have pk/fk responsibility, you dont think he would of gotten close to that number?

You think so... He already has 9 as the second fiddle to Cristiano and doesnt even start/injured for most of this season...

In league play,

Cristiano 18 goals 123 shots....

Bale 7 goals 31 shots...

As someone mentioned before, Cristiano shoots a hell of a lot of shots. If Bale was allowed to shoot 123 shots and have pk/fk responsibility, you dont think he would of gotten close to that number?

Lets take a look at our very own eden hazard then

8 goals 37 shots in a in my opinion tougher league than spain

But that doesnt mean he is as good as cr7

Lets take a look at our very own eden hazard then

8 goals 37 shots in a in my opinion a tougher league than spain

But that doesnt mean he is as good as cr7

hazard not a goalscorer like those 2 are...

Hazard isnt in the mold of Bale/Cristiano..

Bale/Cristiano both have incredible rocket shots, are 6'1 and have incredible top speed...

hazard too me is already a better dribbler than Cristiano ever was, however, goalscorer is another thing.....

hazard not a goalscorer like those 2 are...

Hazard isnt in the mold of Bale/Cristiano..

Bale/Cristiano both have incredible rocket shots, are 6'1 and have incredible top speed...

hazard too me is already a better dribbler than Cristiano ever was, however, goalscorer is another thing.....

This is gonne end up in a endless discussion and since its the Mata topic we better stick to that ;)

All the players we have decided to part ways with have had the possibility to go quite easely. Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa, Alex, Anelka, Belletti, Joe Cole, Ballack, Deco, etc... went for free. Carvalho and Zirkhov went for peanuts. The club could have sold Essien for a lot of money when it was already clear that he was past it, yet we were happy enough to keep him and pay him while he could not play. We are not afraid of sending players on loan to potential title contenders ! When we did not wanted Sturridge anymore, we did not cause any trouble to let him go to a club that has robbed us 50 million fucking pounds. As far as I can remember, the only transfer involving big money was Robben...

In other words, If Mourinho and the club deem Mata as surplus to requirement and have their eyes upon some player ; then they most certainly will not wait that someone put £50m on the table.

The bottom line is that, there are a lot of arguments for clubs to avoid paying silly money to get him — and it is quite possible that José and Roman do not even bother to counter these arguments. That is why I can easily fashion Mata being sold as a bargain, kinda like what happened with Robben and Sneijder at Madrid, and Ibrahimovic at Barça ; or even being part of an exachange deal.

I understand your sentiment, but I can still see Mata going for £30-40m purely based on his ability and age.

A lot of the players you've mentioned were bought at around Mata's age, so they went for exorbitant fees and were sold for very little or nothing considering they were either touching 30 or on the wrong side of it by the time they were moved on. The exception is Zhirkov. You said he went for peanuts but he actually went for around £13m which was an exceptional fee considering we bought him for £15-18m and he was largely unimpressive.

The purchase of Mata (and others of 2011 like Lukaku & Courtois) however signaled a significant shift in our purchasing behaviour up until that point as we had started to buy potential in the age range of 17-22 and not just established players or at youth level like the years before. Mata, Lukaku and Courtois have all flourished since their purchase (discounting this year for Mata) and we would not accept selling Lukaku or Courtois for little or nothing. Mata's first two years here should still stand as a testament of what he is capable of; it would be the main reason clubs want him after all.

That, coupled with the example of Robben & Zhirkov - that being, if the right club wants him they will still pay a considerable amount - is why it's not totally unrealistic for people to imagine him going between £30-40m. Again, I emphasise right club because we're not going to transfer list him and expect £30m+, but If a club comes in for him it's the very least we should be looking for. This is all based on a club wanting Mata, not us wanting to get rid of him, which I cannot see. I think we would rather keep him than sell him for a little amount or, at the very least, for him to be used as a significant bargaining chip in an exchange deal.

It would be stupid to let a player of Mata's quality go so close to a congested fixture list. We need him in these times.

I'm pretty sure we will sign as little as one player in January then more in the summer. Juan is here to stay untill the end of the season

The Spaniard is not having the best time this season.He's being played out of position and hasn't been getting much game time because of the quality players we have.

So,its important that we accept the situation and be prepared for his departure in the summer.It'll frankly be the best solution for both parties.Mata is a class player and he'll be an important part to any team,especially PSG. Mata's vision and creativity would provide some great service to Cavani and Ibra.

Also,what's important is that Mata will start enjoying his game again.He's an amazing player and deserves to play every week.

I am pretty sure that he will not leave in january transfer window....i think he will finish his contract with chelsea...eventhough he is not playing that much he will be in spain NT world cup squad....psg wont buy him in january because he is cup-tied..

We look better with him not in the team right now. Him and De Bruyne simply don't seem to play with the same speed as Willian, Oscar and Hazard and there's an intensity that is missing without those three.

He's probably here until the summer but sometimes players don't fit systems no matter what you do.