Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If Everton don't accept a British transfer record sum for Rom, they are stupid. They were stupid not to accept 40m for Stones, who is only a moderatly  above average player, last season, too so I could imagine them trying to keep hold even though he will never command such an inflated price again. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If Everton don't accept a British transfer record sum for Rom, they are stupid. They were stupid not to accept 40m for Stones, who is only a moderatly  above average player, last season, too so I could imagine them trying to keep hold even though he will never command such an inflated price again. 

It seems like City will buy Stones for £50m so they won't be losing out there, but I seriously can't see any team bidding close to £70m for Lukaku next season... except us again maybe!

No please. that says a lot about us been a mid table team if we start looking to Everton direction not acceptable. who here will call it Anothony Martial and Lukaku are they on same level? United have him and still have Zlatan and we should go for Lukaku? well it your opinion and i respect it but if chelsea go for him then it a fail season already

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I say sod him!

We got RLC and Remy. Who needs a proven PL striker that scores 20/25 a season

funny%20but%20crazy_zpsftpjbd0w.gif

We have also got a technically superior striker from Belgium who doesn't wave his cock about demanding an unconditional starting place.

4 hours ago, The Chels said:

It seems like City will buy Stones for £50m so they won't be losing out there, but I seriously can't see any team bidding close to £70m for Lukaku next season... except us again maybe!

Honestly, if we are insistent on giving money to Everton this summer id rather it was Stones.

Im convinced he will be world class, the fact we already have Zouma and Andreas is the only reason I'm not madly campaigning to get him.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

We have also got a technically superior striker from Belgium who doesn't wave his cock about demanding an unconditional starting place.

Nowt wrong waving yer cock about if its summet to brag about. Theres alot of gifted people that needs their egos stroking continually. Way of the world.

Its only when their egos are bigger than their skills they need a kick up the arse.

When selling Lukaku to Everton, Chelsea put a clause in the contract which states that if he moves to another club for more than £28m and hits certain appearance and scoring targets for Everton (he did hit them!), Chelsea gets % of the transfer fee. We're using this clause now to demand discount. So we actually always pay less than it's said in the press, that's why Everton want more money, because they owe us some of it and will not get the full amount.

44 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

When selling Lukaku to Everton, Chelsea put a clause in the contract which states that if he moves to another club for more than £28m and hits certain appearance and scoring targets for Everton (he did hit them!), Chelsea gets % of the transfer fee. We're using this clause now to demand discount. So we actually always pay less than it's said in the press, that's why Everton want more money, because they owe us some of it and will not get the full amount.

That clause could turn this thing into the next saga <_<

Deals are going to start triggering others anytime now I reckon.

Sane to City, whilst he isn't a forward could well trigger Bony to Everton for Romelu Lukaku replacement. Stones to City will happen once Everton agree with Swansea for Ashley Williams and so on.

Season is just around the corner and things will get hot in the coming days IMO.

Interesting opionion from an Everton supporter on the shedend forum

Andy Hunter, who covers Everton matters closely for the Guardian and is based in Liverpool, insists that we haven't even received a single bid from you for Lukaku. He's very well informed and cautious, and doesn't normally print something like that without being quite certain. Personally, I'm inclined to believe him over the Mail, Express and Evening Standard, none of whom have any quotes or substance backing their articles.

I know there's mixed opinion on here about paying somewhere in the £60-75m range for an ex-player that you sold, and also because a number of you just don't rate him that highly for the level you require, which is perfectly understandable. A number of our fans would agree with you (although the majority would prefer to keep him, I think, which is also my view). He's a very good player on his day, he does score goals and would get 20+ a season but as we all know he does have some limitations.

Anyway, I'm mainly posting just to say, I don't think we'll be selling him. Stones to City is pretty much a done deal, and I don't think we'll sell both.

6 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Interesting opionion from an Everton supporter on the shedend forum

Thats the same thing we heard from a leicester fan about kanté, a day before he signed, though...