Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Nobody was happier than me when The Best joined us. It was electric watching him join up with Cescy with those long balls. And he brought us what we had been missing for awhile. That fight and determination. I love the lad.

But not long after he joined us the homesick rumours started and they didn't go away. no matter how the reasons were spinned. Was it just his style of play that made him so combative and in everyuones face or was he just not happy.Now Hes our player on paper but his head is obviosly in Spain We could be cunts and say do yer job you aint going nowhere. But I'd much rather have a player whos comiong out and saying he wants to be Chelsea even tho he must know its pissing off his team mates,manager and all their supporters.

Yeah Id love Costa to stay but I do think Lukaku will fit in great and do just as good if not better than him.

I got no bad feelings for Costa, sometimes its not good chemistry. Its not easy coming from such different countries. I wish the lad well.

Guess I'm one of the only ones here who wants Lukaku back now. Warming to it more and more.

Thing is, we'd still need another striker if we essentially swap Lukaku for Costa. Assuming we're keeping Remy (been zero indication or links away that I've seen). Unless Conte feels completely confident in Traore.

7 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

You can find a lot of clubs who would buy him for 40m.

I'm guessing it's because of problems adapting to the culture, weather, etc. but it seems pretty obvious Costa only wants to go back to Spain... And Atleti are/were the only viable option. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Guess I'm one of the only ones here who wants Lukaku back now. Warming to it more and more.

Thing is, we'd still need another striker if we essentially swap Lukaku for Costa. Assuming we're keeping Remy (been zero indication or links away that I've seen). Unless Conte feels completely confident in Traore.

I really like Lukaku too, he has been scoring goals in the PL and it could only get better

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Thats not the way I read peoples posts.

Think we are in the majority and most of the remainder will come round to him once they see it works.

But some people will never change their mind. Sod em These same people are probably amongst the ones shouting for Costa out and slagging him off after the 3 matrch ban for Can and for his dodgy hamstring..

Just now, Artandur said:

I guess they could buy costa additionally to gameiro, but i dont know if they want to buy 2 strikers...

That's what I am thinking too, maybe we don't want to sell Costa after all. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

We are stupid. 

I'm not going to expect anything good this season. 

Buy strikers and no defender. Absurdity, I'm done with this transfer window. 

Although i dont like the fact Lukaku is returning this comment is absurd, we are competing in a ridiculously competitive market and are actively chasing the best CB available, were not ignoring the centre defense issue.

20 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

That's what I am thinking too, maybe we don't want to sell Costa after all. 

MAYBE getting Lukaku isn't dependent on Costa leaving which would be great with Batman pushing them both for their places. Plus theres no way they would play every game together.

But I think it's more likely theres some deal saying he can go if and when we get a replacement first.

But we was linked with the lad from window opening so who knows. It will all come out in the wash.