Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

On 7/31/2016 at 1:18 PM, Tomo said:

Mario Gomez scored almost a goal a game in 11/12 but was dropped the following season.

He will score goals yes, but will that make up for the sheer amount of attacks that will break down at his feet?

If Lukaku scores 20 goals it will more than make up for the amount of times he loses the ball. Lets face it, its rare an out and out striker is heavily involved in the build up play. A strikers main objective is to finish any move created, he should get the last touch. Only time we will rely on him to be involved in a move is if we play more direct in which case he will have to hold up the ball. With a two striker system I'm not bothered with Lukaku as the out and out 9.

And to be quite frank about it, what was lacking here last season is the passion for the badge. We need to be welcoming people who are passionate about Chelsea... 

On 8/1/2016 at 8:42 AM, Pizy said:

Guess I'm one of the only ones here who wants Lukaku back now. Warming to it more and more.

Thing is, we'd still need another striker if we essentially swap Lukaku for Costa. Assuming we're keeping Remy (been zero indication or links away that I've seen). Unless Conte feels completely confident in Traore.

You're not the only one. 

I want those who are passionate about the club! Lukaku has his warts but he wants to be here and that is more than enough for me! 

Especially since he's homegrown and scores loads of goals!

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

If Lukaku scores 20 goals it will more than make up for the amount of times he loses the ball. Lets face it, its rare an out and out striker is heavily involved in the build up play. A strikers main objective is to finish any move created, he should get the last touch. Only time we will rely on him to be involved in a move is if we play more direct in which case he will have to hold up the ball. With a two striker system I'm not bothered with Lukaku as the out and out 9.

And to be quite frank about it, what was lacking here last season is the passion for the badge. We need to be welcoming people who are passionate about Chelsea... 

Jupp Heynkes disagree's with that notion as i pointed out with Gomez, his goal record was out of this world yet him being dropped improved Bayern ten fold, and made them more of a deadly team. Even Van Nisselroy leaving United helped them go up a level. Infact there is even an argument that Ronaldo's presence holds back Madrid despite his goals, as he often is invisible these days until he pops up and if he doesn't, his games are often rated as shockers.

Just now, Tomo said:

Jupp Heynkes disagree's with that notion as i pointed out with Gomez, his goal record was out of this world yet him being dropped improved Bayern ten fold, and made them more of a deadly team. Even Van Nisselroy leaving United helped them go up a level. Infact there is even an argument that Ronaldo's presence holds back Madrid despite his goals, as he often is invisible these days until he pops up and if he doesn't, his games are often rated as shockers.

Gomez left because he took 1 chance out of every 5 created for him, it had nothing to do with his touch. He was a beast against small teams and a mouse against big clubs. I don't see why you're talking about Gomez though, Lukaku and Gomez aren't even close in comparison

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I agree with this,  altough Lukaku didn't seem too passionate about Chelsea last time around. Desperate wanting to leave  when he only had to fight for a starting spot with Torres and Eto'o... 

Lukaku is a decent player,  but nowhere near worth the amount mentioned. He probably could do an ok job here but the way he was crying in the media etc left a bad taste for me. Rather we did what we could to keep Costa who imo is a much better player. 

32 minutes ago, Thendo said:

I agree with this,  altough Lukaku didn't seem too passionate about Chelsea last time around. Desperate wanting to leave  when he only had to fight for a starting spot with Torres and Eto'o... 

Lukaku is a decent player,  but nowhere near worth the amount mentioned. He probably could do an ok job here but the way he was crying in the media etc left a bad taste for me. Rather we did what we could to keep Costa who imo is a much better player. 

I think he was desperate to leave because Jose wasn't going to give him a chance. 

I've seen more than enough to conclude most of the Belgian fans are extremely defensive regarding any Belgian player who is not worshiped here. Take a look at the old pages from here, Courtois after his ambiguous comments at the end of the season or the De Bruyne thread. 

If you felt insulted, I'm sorry wasn't my intention but I'm extremely sick of this ass kissing by some mostly being Belgians and maybe that Oscar fanboy can't remember his name.

Ow come of it. What a generalisation.

b7def5982874857e535f3dcc36957672.jpg

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Gomez left because he took 1 chance out of every 5 created for him, it had nothing to do with his touch. He was a beast against small teams and a mouse against big clubs. I don't see why you're talking about Gomez though, Lukaku and Gomez aren't even close in comparison

He was dreadful in general play and a lot of Bayern's attacks broke down due to him, so much so not even 80 goals in 97 games over 2 season's was enough to save his spot in Jupps eyes.