Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

8 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

I don't give a shit about goals, anyone can inflate his tally with all the Aston Villas and Sunderlands of this world. 

Ah, everyone can do this? Strange no one else made as many for Everton in one season since the start of the premier league then. In a season where they finished 12th or so. 

26 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Even Falcao would score with that opposition. I'm not being one bit racist when I say Belgians should keep quiet when regarding any Belgian and specifically this thread. Torres at Lukaku's age was miles ahead of this hack. Let alone the fact Lukaku is a fucking crybaby, is limited as feck and has a loser mentality.

Not everyone is biased, to be fair.

27 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Even Falcao would score with that opposition. I'm not being one bit racist when I say Belgians should keep quiet when regarding any Belgian and specifically this thread. Torres at Lukaku's age was miles ahead of this hack. Let alone the fact Lukaku is a fucking crybaby, is limited as feck and has a loser mentality.

Oh shut the fuck up and yes you are being racist for telling people to keep quiet because of their nationality.

I'm Belgian and i don't want this transfer to happen. There are plenty of Belgians that have serious doubts about Lukaku.

A lot of Belgians wanted Lukaku dropped for Batshuayi at the Euros so please keep your idotic generalizations to yourself.

46 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Well, then maybe those fans are shit. Maybe give him a chance first and complain after the season. He doesn't want to cost 80 million. You had him for 15 and you made him fuck off. 

Also, you don't care about goals? I thought that was the point of the game. 

Get a grip on yourself mate otherwise more people will notice you are just a Belgian tard and not a Chelsea fan. 

We made him fuck off? Really!? Reminder this loser left in the first place because he couldn't cope being a 2nd striker and fight to be our 1st striker. What a Chelsea lover he was, left with the first train the minute he saw things weren't going as easy.

23 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Oh shut the fuck up and yes you are being racist for telling people to keep quiet because of their nationality.

I'm Belgian and i don't want this transfer to happen. There are plenty of Belgians that have serious doubts about Lukaku.

A lot of Belgians wanted Lukaku dropped for Batshuayi at the Euros so please keep your idotic generalizations to yourself.

I've seen more than enough to conclude most of the Belgian fans are extremely defensive regarding any Belgian player who is not worshiped here. Take a look at the old pages from here, Courtois after his ambiguous comments at the end of the season or the De Bruyne thread. 

If you felt insulted, I'm sorry wasn't my intention but I'm extremely sick of this ass kissing by some mostly being Belgians and maybe that Oscar fanboy can't remember his name.

3 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Get a grip on yourself mate otherwise more people will notice you are just a Belgian tard and not a Chelsea fan. 

We made him fuck off? Really!? Reminder this loser left in the first place because he couldn't cope being a 2nd striker and fight to be our 1st striker. What a Chelsea lover he was, left with the first train the minute he saw things weren't going as easy.

I've seen more than enough to conclude most of the Belgian fans are extremely defensive regarding any Belgian player who is not worshiped here. Take a look at the old pages from here, Courtois after his ambiguity comments at the end of the season or the De Bruyne thread. 

If you felt insulted, I'm sorry wasn't my intention but I'm extremely sick of this ass kissing by some mostly being Belgians and maybe that Oscar fanboy can't remember his name.

Do not call someone a 'Belgian tard' then offer a half hearted sympathetic apology.

This is your final warning, pack it in with the insults or you can have a break from this forum, end of.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Do not call someone a 'Belgian tard' then offer a half hearted sympathetic apology.

This is your final warning, pack it in with the insults or you can have a break from this forum, end of.

It's okay man. It's more amusing than insulting actually. :)

1 hour ago, The Chels said:

You could make a vid like this about any player in the world.

I remember well when he left us 1st time round. It didn't leave a loving impression of him on my mind.

But fuck. Players change. Specially ones with talent and an ego to go with it.

OK Ive got a couple of small doubts about him but bringing him back far out weeighs them.

4 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Just to be clear I wasn't saying sorry to that first person in any sort or form, I'm not as active on forum although I do read it frequently. I don't even need the flags to be displayed to remember who that person is and whats on his daily agenda. Cheers.

Oh well you can enjoy a 3 week break then, see you soon with a new attitude.

10 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

It's okay man. It's more amusing than insulting actually. :)

I won't have anyone carrying on like that around here, and that goes for anyone having a go at any nationality. 

27 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

We can spend 68m on Lukaku and still buy Mustafi and Rodriguez.

I dont think so. We couldn't make one good bid for Kali, so i dont think we can buy these three guys. We didnt even sell anyone for proper money... this is sad we keep hold players like Remy, Pedro, Cuadrado or even Mikel.... and we just loan Baba. It's insane.

ONce again people are only painting in black and white. Lukaku ia good player. Not an average or even bad one. Simply a good striker. Is he a 60m striker? Ofc not FFS. 

But that is not even the point. What striker worth 60m is available? No one. Higuain surely is not one. Neither is Icardi or Cavani or whoevs. Moreover we need a long term successor, the one we hoped Costa would be. Esp for a 2-striker system we can't have enough forwards..

Whilst I am against this signing, in case Costa leaves, we need to replace a very good striker in a market where none are available so obviously, the board regards Lukaku as the lesser evil.

What worries me most about Rom is that he is still pretty much the same player as he was 3 years ago. He might have slightly improved his first touch and spacial awareness but that's about it. He is still scoring mostly against weak teams and disintegrated defences like ours last season. And that is not because everton are a poor team. At Belgium he had every other creative player in Europe behind him. You'd exepct him to create space for Hazard there, why would he do better here? The only good game he made was against a desperate Ireland team. He only scores when he has space. Drogba was significantly smaller than Rom but he could create space left, right and centre, because he had the movement, the skill and most importantly the cleverness to do so. He was so smart in his utilization of his body, he always appeared bigger than he actually was. Lukaku is the exact opposite. When he gets surrounded or marked tightly by defenders, he loses his cool and the ball, instead of trusting in his superior upper body strength. When a well organised team does not mark him but covers the space around, he still can't make efficient runs behind. I don't know him personally but his constant lamenting in the press indicated that he is not really addressing those issues himself.

Drogba also could pounce on a mediocre cross as he was quicker in his thinking and better in his anticipating of the curve of the ball. Lukaku needs it right to his head to even show his surprisingly tiny...err.. leap. 

Given time and space to run he is deadly though. He will just bulldoze defenders out of the way and finish with aplomb. That ofc if he is not too frustrated already. While not exactly a Zidane, Lukaku is by no means a horrible technician. His shooting technique is excellent from close to mid-range, he also knows how to shift his body to set up a shot and how to finish in tight spaces. Also his general dribbling has improved. I just don't know if that is enough.

The way we play or more importantly the way opponents play us does not really let him exploit his strengths but rather would force him mould his game more into a hold up striker right in the front to make space, collect and defend balls where the space is the tightest. That is not his game. As with DAvid Luiz, RLC or even Willian, I must say, he does have all the tools, but I don't know if he has the head for it.