Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Am I the only one who still doesn't believe that we're actually trying to sign him. It just makes so little sense regardless of whether Diego leaves or stays. 

No way we all ain't gonna agree.

I think it might just be a perfect match up

And please give me a fucking break! 

Anyone who doesn't feel a strike force of Costa, Michy and Lukaku won't give the premier league fits!

Ya but we're better off with 9 goals Morata at 75m.... Tongue the back of my balls with that offer.

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

And please give me a fucking break! 

Anyone who doesn't feel a strike force of Costa, Michy and Lukaku won't give the premier league fits!

Ya but we're better off with 9 goals Morata at 75m.... Tongue the back of my balls with that offer.

We have similar big, strong and with a small amount of technique striker in Costa. For me Costa is instant starter and if we gonna pay 70 mil for Lukaku sure he should start and that front line would not work together.

2 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

We have similar big, strong and with a small amount of technique striker in Costa. For me Costa is instant starter and if we gonna pay 70 mil for Lukaku sure he should start and that front line would not work together.

They are similar but they don't like to occupy the same space. Lukaku is also a threat in the air and much faster.

They can work together its just not the ideal partnership.

No thanks. Costa is better than he is and we will certainly lose money overall on swapping them out. Costa has been loyal to the club since he joined; and these exit rumours simply exist to destabilise him. Lukaku on the other hand...

28 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Am I the only one who still doesn't believe that we're actually trying to sign him. It just makes so little sense regardless of whether Diego leaves or stays. 

What part makes little sense the fact that he's already scored 50 prem league goals at the age of 23 or that he is also homegrown and won't be subjected to brexit?

5 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

No thanks. Costa is better than he is and we will certainly lose money overall on swapping them out. Costa has been loyal to the club since he joined; and these exit rumours simply exist to destabilise him. Lukaku on the other hand...

what if we keep them both?

The best scenario if this is all true, and I mean Costa going and Romelu coming is we pair Romelu and Batshuyahi. Having those 3 together means someone is going to be benched, I do not want to see MB benched as I really think he's going to be brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

What part makes little sense the fact that he's already scored 50 prem league goals at the age of 23 or that he is also homegrown and won't be subjected to brexit?

That his style of play is not at all suited to playing next to another striker. Lukaku doesn't play well with his back to goal, he moves to create chances for himself, not space for his teammates and his link up play is rather weak. 

If it were up to me, I'd take Diego and, by what little I've seen of him, even Batshuayi just in front of Hazard in a two man strike force. 

12 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

what if we keep them both?

Would be an absolute disaster as we'd be obligated to start both as neither one of them would be happy sitting on the bench.

The pairing just doesn't work. Both are too similar. Both need a partner that can cover their poor link up play.

Just now, Belgiannutt said:

Would be an absolute disaster as we'd be obligated to start both as neither one of them would be happy sitting on the bench.

The pairing just doesn't work. Both are too similar. Both need a partner that can cover their poor link up play.

In a perfect world this is true, you'd want a more technically gifted partner up front. I'll leave it right there though, I still think a Costa/Lukaku partnership would cause all sorts of problems in the prem.