Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku isnt the perfect striker, but i can bet he will hit 25 goals in the league itself if he joins us.

He provides only 1 thing, goals.

I dont want our strikers to be coming back to midfield to get involved in play.

Stay ahead and score goals, and dont start playing winger whenever you feel like.

Stay in the box. Tap them in.

Lukaku does just that.

I thought his hold up play had improved quite a bit when I was watching him at the Euros.

I'd still rather keep Costa though, but if Lukaku is coming that must mean Costa is off. Where will he go though? Who can actually afford him and needs him right now?

If i look past the ridiculous fee, i actually can see a michy-lukaku partnership working. Michys technique is great and lukaku certainly is more of a goalscorer than a footballer, but i think his hold-up has improved enough to work with him. Seems to me like a viable combination of talents, that conte would use. And lukaku certainly would have the passion and commitment for the club, which is something that cant be disregarded while building a conte team.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Sounds like the next offer is the big one and we are about to turn the screw. He has apparently told team mates he is off.

Who reported that ?

boy I am looking forward to the moment Chelsea FC - Social Media Accounts Confirm the Signing of Lukaku via Twitter/Facebook/Instagram.

I can already see the massive meltdown and the twitter comments from idiots that always spam Chelsea FC twitter account constantly everytime Chelsea tweet.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

The days of having a striker who scores but does nothing else are long gone, in 10/11 and 11/12 Mario Gomez scored 80 goals in 97 games for Bayern, yet that didn't stop him being dropped for 12/13 and the move turned Bayern from trophyless to treble winners.

These days no amount of goals are worth being effectively down to ten men a lot of the time.

This is so wrong and Lukaku also offers more than just goals.

Once we see him rampage through a few defenses and bully teams like Arsenal people will come around on him.

Lukaku occupying multiple defenders will also help the likes of Hazard and Michy work their magic. Plus he's actually a threat in the air unlike Diego.

11 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Worst transfer in history about to become reality, never thought it would be possible after Torres.

You're going to compare a guy who came in already injured with a young player like Lukaku possibly not even in his prime yet? 90% of this forum was crying about him when he was pounding them in game after game and Chelsea was close to the relegation spots. Also, if you look at all of his goals last year, not too many of them are typical poacher goals. Some are nice counters, some are great headers, some he created by himself. He's more versatile than some of you guys think. 

What a donkey, right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk7wrcdcag

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

You're going to compare a guy who came in already injured with a young player like Lukaku possibly not even in his prime yet? 90% of this forum was crying about him when he was pounding them in game after game and Chelsea was close to the relegation spots.

What a donkey, right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk7wrcdcag

Even Falcao would score with that opposition. I'm not being one bit racist when I say Belgians should keep quiet when regarding any Belgian and specifically this thread. Torres at Lukaku's age was miles ahead of this hack. Let alone the fact Lukaku is a fucking crybaby, is limited as feck and has a loser mentality.

5 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

Even Falcao would score with that opposition. I'm not being one bit racist when I say Belgians should keep quiet when regarding any Belgian and specifically this thread. Torres at Lukaku's age was miles ahead of this hack. Let alone the fact Lukaku is a fucking crybaby, is limited as feck and has a loser mentality.

Yes, yes, opposition. He made 25. Were all of them weak? Also Torres wasn't 'ahead of him' in number of goals at his age. Not even close. He more than 30 goals on Torres. There are four strikers who scored more than him at 23 and they are called Ronaldo, Raul, Messi and Aguero. 

5 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Yes, yes, opposition. He made 25. Were all of them weak? Also Torres wasn't 'ahead of him' in number of goals at his age. Not even close. He has about 30 goals on Torres. There are four strikers who scored more than him at 23 and they are called Ronaldo, Raul, Messi and Aguero. 

I don't give a shit about goals, anyone can inflate his tally with all the Aston Villas and Sunderlands of this world. He doesn't offer anything else beside being a decent finisher. Bang average and not even worth half of the quoted price. You can quote me on this if we sign him, you will see just how frustrated us fans will be with him every time he will walk on the field.

4 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

I don't give a shit about goals, anyone can inflate his tally with all the Aston Villas and Sunderlands of this world. He doesn't offer anything else beside being a decent finisher. Bang average and not even worth half of the quoted price. You can quote me on this if we sign him, you will see just how frustrated us fans will be with him every time he will walk on the field.

Well, then maybe those fans are shit. Maybe give him a chance first and complain after the season. He doesn't want to cost 80 million. You had him for 15 and you made him fuck off. 

Also, you don't care about goals? I thought that was the point of the game.