Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm afraid Griezmans going nowhere - but I'd love him.

I reckonLukaku coming to us is the perfect timing. Hes got alot of his mates here so fitting ins no problem. Hes going to be our most expensive player and  thats going to give his ego a rocket. Add that getting fed by our AMs and CMs and partner with Batman plus Conte here then I just see a win win situation.

OK hes a bit dear but we saved a hellovalot of money on N'Golo, we got the sale of Costa thats just bound to happen plus the money we made on him for selling him the 1st time round.

Hes a young guy and unless he pulls a Torres his value is only going up. Its a no brainer.

Depends, let's hope if costa gets sold Lukaku will take the #19 shirt and not #9 :P

I'm not his biggest fan, but 23 years of age and banging them season after season, which club particularly doesn't matter. He's constantly talking, bigging himself up, but he's harmless, if he steps out on the pitch i think he'll always give his all, not as difficult as Diego to handle, imo.
I prefer him over Morata, who just has his flaws like scoring actual goals...the striker market has been dry for quite some time...

In all the controversy when it comes to Lukaku-Chelsea, it's often easy to forget that at the age of 23 he's got over 100 professional goals. That alone deserves a lot of credit and we can say what we want about his overall play, first touch, etc but you can't deny that he knows how to score goals and in a market where strikers are a dime a dozen it's what's needed. 

Now he's clearly not worth the £50-60m that's being talked about, but this is the reality of the transfer market now. Once Pogba is confirmed, price inflation will increase even more. Clubs are getting more desperate now, just look how West Ham have been knocked back by Michy, Lacazette & Bacca so now they're looking and Ayew :lol:

We would be incredibly stupid to sell Costa, but if he truly wants to go then go he will. I don't think we have any other options after Lukaku and if we're going to sign him then now would be the time to do it. 

5 minutes ago, Styles said:

It is so fucking frustrating man. I am so sick of these Lukaku links because there has to be some truth to it. 50m+ for a player you're unsure is ever going to control the ball properly. How can you build a fluid and consistent attacking team around such an erratic footballer?

Marcelo is a better football and attacker than damn near our entire attacking midfielders and strikers. A LB! Embarrassing.

But that decision can't have been made 100% by the board. They surely surely must be in discussion with Conte, because it's his tactics that are going to be out on the pitch and so the players that come in have to identify with those same tactics. 

Then again, this window's gone to show what's been the worst kept secret in football. Agents are running the game. They're the ones who decide who/what/where a player goes to/from, these super agents especially are having their best period of business. People like Raiola who are making United pay him £20m for his services in acquiring Pogba. Funnily enough the same Raiola is also Lukaku's agent. 

Just now, LDN Blue said:

But that decision can't have been made 100% by the board. They surely surely must be in discussion with Conte, because it's his tactics that are going to be out on the pitch and so the players that come in have to identify with those same tactics. 

Then again, this window's gone to show what's been the worst kept secret in football. Agents are running the game. They're the ones who decide who/what/where a player goes to/from, these super agents especially are having their best period of business. People like Raiola who are making United pay him £20m for his services in acquiring Pogba. Funnily enough the same Raiola is also Lukaku's agent. 

If it's Conte's decision then sack him, honestly. Start again before it's too late.

6 minutes ago, Styles said:

If it's Conte's decision then sack him, honestly. Start again before it's too late.

LOL I know thats tongue in cheek but mate we can't call him a genius for getting Conte,Batman,using kids,style of play but want to string him up for buying a strong player nea_zpsg38ewnie.gif

Just now, Unionjack said:

LOL I know thats tongue in cheek but mate we can't call him a genius for getting Conte,Batman,using kids,style of play but want to string him up for buying a strong player. ;)

If you're at a club with a billionaire owner and you NEED and DEMAND a player like Lukaku (at seemingly any cost) then please leave.

A player with the first touch of a cripple. Just fuggedabouit.

I've changed a little. His attitude towards returning to Chelsea seems like a burning desire of unfinished business to do.

I actually like that. 25 goals last season for average Everton also suggests the boy can play a bit.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I've changed a little. His attitude towards returning to Chelsea seems like a burning desire of unfinished business to do.

I actually like that. 25 goals last season for average Everton also suggests the boy can play a bit.

Plus hes got this strong ambition to emulate Drogs.

14 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think it's more of a burning desire to play at a top team and Chelsea are the only ones stupid enough to pay crazy money for a limited footballer.