Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Am I missing something? The two links on the previous page don't even say anything other than 'Everton feel a deal could be done'. Do people need nothing other than a run-of-the-mill 6 pictures, 3-paragraph Daily Mail 'article' to start calling the board 'idiotic'?

It's too early to say it's a wrong decision. It depends on whether we're getting another young striker. I believe we will. I doubt Jose wants to rely on Torres and Drogba if Costa gets injured or suspended.

So let's wait and see. There's a lot of time until the end of the transfer window.

Chelsea initially said according to Lukaku's agent that Romelu will not be loaned out, period. If a deal happens it's because Lukaku whined to leave and frankly he can piss off if that's the case and not another loan deal which means smart ass remarks all season long of how great he is, just sell him if he wants out rather than compete with Torres for minutes which by the way how fricking hard is that to do, to outplay Torres? If a bird landed on the pitch and for 90 minutes dodging players and flying all over the place, that's about what Torres brings. The bird won't score and neither will Torres!

A guy who doesn't want competition will never make it in life.....I was a huge fan of Romelu,just as a lot of you I supose,but I lost my faith in him.The guy hasnt done anything to prove that he is ready,he cant back up his words in the pitch and thats something that we'll have to think about.Do you really want a guy who want everything on a silver platter?

It's obvious he wants to leave, he only has two years left on his contract so he holds all the cards, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not willing to play second fiddle. If we decide to keep him for another year and he still doesn't sign a new contract than he will go for peanuts, in this ffp era we cannot afford to let that happen.

We shoukd've gone for Mandzukic when we had the chance.

If he's not willing to play second striker, better sell him when we can fetch something from his sale. Another loan spell, and it'll be like this year again next year, except we'll be forced to sell him for peanuts.

Hope the board and Lukaku comes to a decision this year.

Am I missing something? The two links on the previous page don't even say anything other than 'Everton feel a deal could be done'. Do people need nothing other than a run-of-the-mill 6 pictures, 3-paragraph Daily Mail 'article' to start calling the board 'idiotic'?

Dominic King got more than enough sources in Everton (and Liverpool) to be considered reliable.

Of course nothing is set in stone, but this is more than the usual transfer gossip, something is going on.

We shoukd've gone for Mandzukic when we had the chance.

If he's not willing to play second striker, better sell him when we can fetch something from his sale. Another loan spell, and it'll be like this year again next year, except we'll be forced to sell him for peanuts.

Hope the board and Lukaku comes to a decision this year.

TBH while it was speculated I don't think Mandzukic was ever going to come here realistically unless it was as a last resort. He would have gone to a team which offered him guaranteed first team football which Atletico eventually did. If he came here he would of found himself in the same predicament he did at Bayern with Lewandowski coming in.

Imagine the shit we'd get if we sell him to Everton and he out scores Costa. :lol:

I think it's looking more and more likely that Drogba will be back as our 3rd striker. I hope not, though. We need a striker that offers something completely different than what Costa does. Thing is, who that's good enough would come in knowing he'd be a backup?

Why not just give Eto'o another 1 year contract?