Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Yep. Not much left. Though reports are increasing which tell that Wolfsburg have achieved pretty much in the negotitations with lukaku. Let's see. As far as I am concerned, Lukaku can fuck off. I'd choose Costa over Lukaku every time!

It's not a matter of choosing Costa over Lukaku, we own both. It's about the attributes each brings to the table and if lukaku does stay he could be a valuable change of pace guy if he has his head right.

Lets not get too aggressive. He's the perfect second choice striker for us and we must keep him. Playing second choice does not mean he won't get game time. Jose will pick players based on form so I think there will be some heavy competition amongst our strikers.

Selling him will not be the wise thing to do here. The lad is ambitious and we must not take everything he says in the wrong way. Keep some faith in him and hope everything works out.

Lets not get too aggressive. He's the perfect second choice striker for us and we must keep him. Playing second choice does not mean he won't get game time. Jose will pick players based on form so I think there will be some heavy competition amongst our strikers.

Selling him will not be the wise thing to do here. The lad is ambitious and we must not take everything he says in the wrong way. Keep some faith in him and hope everything works out.

That's the thing though... I'm pretty sure A LOT on here would love for him to just stay here and be second choice. The real question is - does he?

Honestly speaking, do you guys think Mourinho will pick Lukaku over Torres?

I seriously doubt he does and when one thing goes wrong, I can see Lukaku never getting game time again under Jose.

do you guys think Mourinho will pick Lukaku over Torres?

YES! Mourinho isn't convinced concerning torres. He'll drop and choose anyone if it makes the team successful! Just recall Pepe in Madrid. Mourinho always hailed and praised Pepe as a leader and important asset for the team. He even kissed his scalp when he substituted him lol. Varane appeared and had some great performances. Pepe was benched immediately and never overtook Varane under Mourinho's tenure. Mourinho is one of the few coaches who aren't obsessed with their "favourite players".

Arbeloa: Mourinho treated superstars like Cristiano Ronaldo the same as Real Madrid's academy players

"We realised who Mou was one day in the preseason. The Spaniards were just coming off their World Cup win and we met up in Los Angeles. There we played a game against the Galaxy and at half-time we were losing 2-0. The screams that came from that mouth! At everyone, no one was spared. We learned very quickly who Mou really was," Arbeloa said.

"You could've never imagined Pellegrini yelling like that at Cristiano. We remember that chat vividly. He said: 'You don't want to run? It's not a problem for me: to the bench. You neither? It's not a problem for me: out. Whoever it was: a World Cup champion, I'll put in Kaka or a youth player.

-Álvaro Arbeloa;

That's the thing though... I'm pretty sure A LOT on here would love for him to just stay here and be second choice. The real question is - does he?

Maybe he's just afraid that the club will bring in another striker but since thats highly unlikely now,I am sure he'll be happy to stay with the club he loves.

I seriously doubt he does and when one thing goes wrong, I can see Lukaku never getting game time again under Jose.

If Lukaku plays better than Torres then yes he will get to play more. Jose dropped Casillas so I don't think we should be worried about Lukaku vs Torres.

If Lukaku plays better than Torres then yes he will get to play more. Jose dropped Casillas so I don't think we should be worried about Lukaku vs Torres.

Thats the point though.

Mourinho could give 2 shits about what other people think. The majority of fans would want lukaku to start, since he was scoring quite a lot and young, but Mourinho would not get pressured into that.

If Jose really felt lukaku was at least 2nd in the depth order, their would be no way Jose would allow him to leave on loan.

YES! Mourinho isn't convinced concerning torres. He'll drop and choose anyone if it makes the team successful! Just recall Pepe in Madrid. Mourinho always hailed and praised Pepe as a leader and important asset for the team. He even kissed his scalp when he substituted him lol. Varane appeared and had some great performances. Pepe was benched immediately and never overtook Varane under Mourinho's tenure. Mourinho is one of the few coaches who aren't obsessed with their "favourite players".

Arbeloa: Mourinho treated superstars like Cristiano Ronaldo the same as Real Madrid's academy players

"We realised who Mou was one day in the preseason. The Spaniards were just coming off their World Cup win and we met up in Los Angeles. There we played a game against the Galaxy and at half-time we were losing 2-0. The screams that came from that mouth! At everyone, no one was spared. We learned very quickly who Mou really was," Arbeloa said.

"You could've never imagined Pellegrini yelling like that at Cristiano. We remember that chat vividly. He said: 'You don't want to run? It's not a problem for me: to the bench. You neither? It's not a problem for me: out. Whoever it was: a World Cup champion, I'll put in Kaka or a youth player.

-Álvaro Arbeloa;

This This this this this and this.

Made me laugh last summer when people thought Jose would make Essien and Lampard forefront off his plans to chase former glory.

Mourinho is very sentimental on a personal level, professionally he is the most ruthless man in Sport.

Why wouldn't he? If Lukaku spent as much time impressing Mourinho in training as he does moaning to the media about how miserable his life is, the sky's the limit.

We all know Torres is only still at the club because no one will take him because of his wages so he won't be picked if the others (Costa and Lukaku) perform much better. If Torres can't be offloaded this transfer window, he most certainly will be next summer when he only has a year left on his contract and a lot of smaller clubs can afford to match his year's wages at Chelsea with a contract offer of 2-3 years on smaller wages.

If Lukaku is not confident enough to think he's got what it takes to get ahead of Torres in the pecking order, he has no place at Mourinho's Chelsea.