Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I don't understand why people are trying to blast the board... Should we just let Lukaku leave for a cut price deal next year when he only has 1 year left or something? If he doesn't want to stay or sign a new contract, selling him in this window is imperative.

actually very simple to understand!!! we dont need the money!! lukaku scoring 15 goals this season and going for 10mil in the next season is a way better scenario for us than lukaku going to 25mil this season and we buying a 10-15mil rated remy or emenike to replace him and having another season of "our strikers are shit, so we cant do anything".

It's amazing how a club like Man City can have four top class strikers but still manage to make all of them content. All four of them better than Lukaku. I know Pellegrini plays with two strikers but still he can only play with two at a time. We shouldn't have problems with having multiple quality options to play as a striker. Costa will certainly be our best striker next season but I don't like how the tag "second" striker is placed on the next guy. Dzeko for instance started the season as Man City's third striker but began to outperform Negredo and became second choice and a starting XI partner to Aguero. At the end of the day every player still has to prove himself to the manager from scratch.

This is what vexes me about the Lukaku thing. Of course we won't know for sure what happened behind closed doors till leaves. There was a rumour that the club never contacted him even once during his second spell at Everton. Then he says this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646047/Romelu-Lukaku-insists-wants-stay-Chelsea-despite-uncertainty.html

It's either the kid is bi-polar or the club are trying to force him out of the club for whatever reason.

It's amazing how a club like Man City can have four top class strikers but still manage to make all of them content. All four of them better than Lukaku. I know Pellegrini plays with two strikers but still he can only play with two at a time. We shouldn't have problems with having multiple quality options to play as a striker. Costa will certainly be our best striker next season but I don't like how the tag "second" striker is placed on the next guy. Dzeko for instance started the season as Man City's third striker but began to outperform Negredo and became second choice and a starting XI partner to Aguero. At the end of the day every player still has to prove himself to the manager from scratch.

City play with 2 strikers so they need 1 backup for each. we play with one striker so one back up is enough.

One example is Real Madrid, they played with one striker when they had either Benzema or Higuain on the bench. you don't really need 3 world class center forwards in your team. you need one.

Remember that Jovetic missed the whole season because of injuries and Aguero missed like half the season because of injuries.Also,both those strikers are not the classic center forward type,wich means that they can play in more positions like cam or on the wings so that means more playing time.And dont forget that for the past 2 seasons Dzeko was whining for not starting.

It's not easy to have so many wolrd class players for such few positions.

We don't need the money... So we should let Lukaku walk for like £10m next season?

so for 10-15 mil, we should go into the season with torres and DD (rumored) as our backup? costa was injured during a very essentially part for ATM last season. i mean i would love for torres to lead our line in CL final or a title decider at anfield or etihad!!!

one year is a massive time. 15-20 goals from lukaku, can change his perspective and jose's perspective. letting him go right now, makes 0 sense.

City play with 2 strikers so they need 1 backup for each. we play with one striker so one back up is enough.

One example is Real Madrid, they played with one striker when they had either Benzema or Higuain on the bench. you don't really need 3 world class center forwards in your team. you need one.

You didn't bother to read my comment. The point is our back up now is shit and we are getting rid of the one good one. The other point was that such words as "backup" make little sense right now as every player has to prove they're number one. One mediocre "back up" (Torres and maybe Drogba) is not enough because it puts an incredible amount of pressure on Costa to score goals.

Madrid are a different side because they can rely on Ronaldo to score their goals. Still, it's arguable they were a better side at least in La liga with Benzema and Higuain contributing 50+ goals between them.

Remember that Jovetic missed the whole season because of injuries and Aguero missed like half the season because of injuries.Also,both those strikers are not the classic center forward type,wich means that they can play in more positions like cam or on the wings so that means more playing time.And dont forget that for the past 2 seasons Dzeko was whining for not starting.

It's not easy to have so many wolrd class players for such few positions.

I'm not suggesting we have four strikers ourselves. We can have three like last season. My point is that Lukaku's whining has created this misconceived notion that Diego Costa is going to play every game and that the next guy is a no-hoper who is relegated to the "second" striker status, which is untrue. My other point was that if our board falls for that and we start the season with a strike force of Costa, Torres and 36 year old player/coach Drogba, we will struggle to achieve our goals, despite our other signings. We definitely need a forward of the level of a Firmino or Lavezzi to come in to replace Lukaku.

This is what really surprises me about Lukaku. For a supposedly 'intelligent' guy, why can he not grasp this simple concept? Chelsea's no.2 striker will play a heck of a lot of games, some of them on the biggest stages the football world has to offer. Why can he not recognise this, hunker down and strive to make that spot his own and then take it from there? As things stand his only competition for that spot is the biggest failure in English football; surely he should be absolutely raring to go?

Because Lukaku not the n2 CF and he knows it.

Why not? If Mourinho can play Ba ahead of Torres, he can play Lukaku ahead of Torres, provided Lukaku is willing to drop the attitude and back his talk by taking his chances.

because ba, torres or eto are all better holdup players than lukaku.

You even saw it at the world cup, his holdup play is worse than Torres and that's pretty bad. What was his aerial win percentage? He lost out to a kid from the french league....

Lukaku being the number 2 means he would start a significant amount of games, which I really doubt Jose gives him

Romelu wants to go himself... Why is that so hard for you to accept? You should know that at CFC we don't keep players that don't want to be here.

Yes, I'd rather cash in on a player that doesn't want to be here and get £10-15m extra now rather than hoping that he hopefully signs a new deal next season. We as a club don't want to be in the situation where the player has all the power.

What has Romelu even done at CFC for you to say he deserves that sort of power?

and where did u get to know that he wants to go? did u talk to him personally? as far i know, just yesterday or something he changed his bio to chelsea.

i would rather look at the betterment of the club as this season is vital. us not winning the PL would be considered a failure. another trophy less season will definitely mean jose getting the boot and making us go back to the managerial merry-go-round.

and what power are u talking about? if u actually "believe" that he wants to leave, then we are keeping him against his "wish". where are we giving lukaku the power?

This is what really surprises me about Lukaku. For a supposedly 'intelligent' guy, why can he not grasp this simple concept? Chelsea's no.2 striker will play a heck of a lot of games, some of them on the biggest stages the football world has to offer. Why can he not recognise this, hunker down and strive to make that spot his own and then take it from there? As things stand his only competition for that spot is the biggest failure in English football; surely he should be absolutely raring to go?

Is he no.2 though? He should be or is he going to have to wait for Torres to falter again. He is better than Torres and was coming into the start of last season. Costa is going to be the undisputed striker. He will be subbed some games when he looks tired and for cup games and might start the odd league games but think about it if Costa is ever rotated or subbed there is Torres. We saw what happened when Torres and Lukaku were in the same squad last season. Torres started 2 and Lukaku none and that was with us not knowing who our best striker is. Costa is here now and Torres. People seem to think it is guaranteed he is 2nd choice stiker. He should be but will he? Maybe not because there is still Torres :wank2:

Jesus. Everyone flying off the handle here a little bit. Tbh with the deals we've done over the last few transfer windows and especially this one I will trust the board in whatever decision they make. I admit I will be dubious if we have Costa/Torres/Didier but if that's what Jose believes he needs then I will trust him.

Trust in Jose, trust in the board people.

because ba, torres or eto are all better holdup players than lukaku.

Lukaku being the number 2 means he would start a significant amount of games, which I really doubt Jose gives him

Mourinho isn't a one-dimensional manager and surely just that can't be a consideration for him. Maybe Mourinho doesn't rate Lukaku, which is his prerogative as a manager and if that's the case then we have to go along with it, whatever our take on Lukaku's abilities. However, you see what his constant yapping has done here is that it's given Mourinho a ready excuse to not be even-handed the moment Lukaku falters (rightly or wrongly).