Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646047/Romelu-Lukaku-insists-wants-stay-Chelsea-despite-uncertainty.html

how strange!!! he evsaid that he wants to stay!!! and then he goes and changes his twitter bio just YESTERDAY!!!! he said this on 2nd june... right before the WC started.. right from the horses MOUTH!!!!

how anyone thinks that lukaku being sold CAN lead to jose has already being described. lukaku selling equals to us having torres and DD/remy/emenike/bamford as the 2nd striker. that is equal to us STILL having the striker problems. every striker goes thru a lean spell as will costa at some point of the season. at that time, we wont have a good back-up just like last season and then drop points, just like last season. you go into the season thinking of REALISTIC situation. costa scoring 10 goals in 5 games is not a situation JOSE would be expecting or getting us prepared from. for a season we will ATLEAST 2 goalscorers (plus torres). thats a realistic situation.

tell me who wants to be here and who u would buy with that money and how exactly will be better for us? remmy? eminike? who exactly are we talking about? who would be our 2nd striker? SAF kept CR against his will, he ended up winning them the PL! sometimes u have to make exceptions and this definitely is one of those times. its easy saying SIMPLE. but its not fifa where a player says "i want to leave" and u transfer list. right now, the better thing for the club to do will be taking a risk with a 21 year old lukaku, if it pays off, we have a striker for the next 10 years, if not, we can buy some decent back-up striker next year rather than making the same mistake we made with BA.

I ask once again... Have you just been ignoring everything in the past few weeks? It feels like you're very out of the loop on the Lukaku situation... He once again changed his mind on the situation. Here is what he said on the 7th of July:

And the Belgium forward , who has been linked with clubs all over Europe, said: What I dont want is to be loaned out.

I am 21 and I have been loaned for the last two seasons. Thibaut Courtois was loaned for three seasons and will be without doubt the first-choice Chelsea goalkeeper.

And Kevin De Bruyne has been transferred permanently to Wolfsburg. They are free in their heads - it is not my case. That would free me totally.

And the Belgian said he wants to model his progress on Argentinas goalscorer in the quarter-finals - former Real Madrid and now Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain.

I dont know - there are several clubs that are interested, he said.

I need to make a good decision to reach the absolute top so that I can score a goal like Higuain against us. It is a dream for every attacker.

Higuain has evolved slowly into becoming a top player. I want to show what I can do and play in the Champions League with a big club.

The decision will soon be taken. I have some ideas but we will have to see what is best for the clubs. I dont want to negotiate before the clubs have come to an agreement.

Again, how does that signify to you that he's made his mind up and decided that he wants to stay at the club? You're being very selective in your Lukaku thought process.

You're saying that we should think about going into next season with realistic situations? How realistic do you think it is Jose wants to keep a guy that doesn't want to be here? Until I see concrete evidence that he wants to stay this is the current, realistic situation (sorry, him changing his twitter bio doesn't cut it). How realistic do you think it is the club won't sell a guy that doesn't want to be here when he can as of right now fetch us ~£25m, rather than selling him for £10-15m less next year?

I'm actually laughing here in regards to your CR7 analogy with Lukaku. How can you even compare the situations? What has Lukaku done for CFC for you to even compare the situations? Ronaldo was United's main player, Lukaku hasn't ever played any significant role here at CFC. You're basically trying to insinuate how Lukaku could be the difference between us winning a PL and not. That's ludicrous, sorry. It's incredible how you've already put him on a C. Ronaldo pedestal when he's done NOTHING at this club. And don't even bring Sturridge into this analogy because Sturridge actually played out of position, scored goals and was a key player under AVB here at CFC. Sturridge situation had to do with managerial instability at the club here. Lukaku hasn't done anything at CFC to even deserve this sort of pedestal you've put him on.

You're saying that we should take a risk on a 21 year old that doesn't even want to be here, that'll probably just open his mouth again and disrupt the atmosphere at the club... That'll probably angle for a transfer as soon as he can again. Sorry I just don't see how that is for the betterment of CFC. Unless he's willing to accept a role here as second choice it's much better if we cash in on him right now.

Um, why? What has Lukaku actually done in a Chelsea shirt?

He should definitely get a chance to fight for a spot, and HE GOT THAT LAST YEAR BUT ASKED TO LEAVE.

One more time for the people asleep at the back of the class.

HE RECEIVED A CHANCE AT THIS CLUB AND ASKED TO LEAVE.

Now someone convince me that Jose will respect that attitude. That's Jose Mourinho. This guy

Jose-Mourinho-fm-2014-tactic.jpg

When he got the chance?

I personally wouldn't care at all if we sold him, he's good but imo he has too many flaws in his game to ever be great. It's alright scoring goals for West Brom and Everton, but when he plays for a top side he'll struggle IMO, 70 percent of the time teams sit back and as we know Lukaku looks like a headless chicken when he has no space to run into.

On top of all that, he's a cunt as well, just watch Luis' interview and compare his attitude to Lukaku'... Luis is arguably one of the best LBs in the game right now and he still wants to improve be more 'complete', whereas the 'humble' 21 year old thinks he's already the complete package, he's a fucking joke.

Disappointing that whenever I see this thread bumped I come in thinking 'what has he said now..'. Hopefully the situation gets clarified soon so the club and the player can move forward.

Dharmesh who does the transfer round up on skysports and is very reliable just said that reports of Lukaku joing Everton on a permanent transfer is not true. He is currently on holiday with his girlfriend and will return for pre-season traning on monday and has claimed he wants to stay and fight for his place.

I hope this is true,

And that probably is the long and short of it.

There hasn't been a word from the player or his agent for more than a month now...but this topic has been buzzing nonstop during that period..more than it should be.,IMO

And that probably is the long and short of it.

There hasn't been a word from the player or his agent for more than a month now...but this topic has been buzzing nonstop during that period..more than it should be.,IMO

This. His last words were down the line of him and his agent would see what is best for him. He might of sounded to big for his boots but he basically was saying he feels he is capable of scoring goals and starting and fighting for honours. He never exactly said he is not going to play for a team if he is not made the undisputed striker. So much criticsm of him but I guess we will know more this upcoming week.

If he comes out with the news that he is willing to fight for his place I think regardless of previous comments all Chelsea fans would appreciate that.