Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I just hope that even if Lukaku does confirm he will stay and fight for his place he means it. The same time last year, Mourinho confirmed Lukaku would be with us for last season and vice-versa, Lukaku said he was staying here then last night of transfer window he left out on loan. I will not take anything for granted until the transfer window is ended. For what you know he possibly/probably won't start a game before the transfer window ends and he might want to leave so I hope he is willing to fight for his place over the season. Don't take any player's words for granted. All could change when the transfer window closes but I just hope he stays.

from everton forum :lol:

Option A ) Stay at Everton, be the first name on the team sheet and fight for a Europa league play-off spot.

Option B ) Stay at Chelsea, be a useful player from the bench, get paid more money and possibly win the CL, EPL, FA Cup and the League Cup.

And "work with a manager who doesn't rate you", a manager's job is to get the best out of a player. I doubt Martinez could improve Lukaku to a level anywhere near that Mourinho could.

Couple of matches on the bench without a look-in and we'll hear "I have to start thinking about myself in January. I have a dozen clubs begging me to join them."

Mourinho is not gonna put up with shit and I'm not sure Lukaku is mature enough to deal with sitting on the bench

I think he'll be sold in January...similar to the transfer of KDB

Steve Holland: "The plan is that he [Lukaku] will join up with us at some stage during the 2nd week when we’re in Holland" #CFC #EFC (gwl)

Romelu Lukaku has been given a second chance at Chelsea by Jose Mourinho. #CFC #EFC (Sun)

Only last night the English media reported Everton were 48 hours away from signing Lukaku and now we get this. :lol:

He should stay and compete. Besides he's young it's not like we can't sell him later on needed. He should at least be given a chance. We can send him on loan or sell even after the start of premier League since the transfer window is still open then.

Dharmesh Seth saying repeatedly on SSN that he will fight for his place. I cringed at the point in the discussion where he said 'Romelu seemingly pledging to Chelsea by changing his twitter bio to *Belgian International of Chelsea football club*'. <_<

Best of luck fighting for your place big Rom! Hopefully you do more than change something on twitter in the coming months! :blue scalf:

I'm confident if we sign Drogba as player/coach that he will talk with Lukaku about his decision to stay or go and convince him to fight for his place and stay with Chelsea, Lampard also signed new contract last year just before Mourinho become our manager, Mourinho again doing some smart moves.

He didn't think he'd get a FAIR chance. how is scoring more goals than Torres and Ba in WBA the year before not deserving of a chance?

Not in isolation, if our basis for picking strikers are there better than Torres we might as well have left a written offer for Akinfenwa on the way out of Wimbledon.

Not in isolation, if our basis for picking strikers are there better than Torres we might as well have left a written offer for Akinfenwa on the way out of Wimbledon.

your logic doesn't make any sense. If you have 2 players on your squad and one is better than the other, you play the better player. Lukaku believed he was better than Torres but he still didn't get to play over him. IMO that's considered not getting a fair chance. Morinho obviously saw more in Torres than in Lukaku, but you cant expect Lukaku to sit around and let Mourinho determine his career path.

I'm not saying he didn't get a fair chance cause i honestly dont know, just saying Lukaku probably didn't think he got a fair chance

The fridge or big Rom will prove his worth this season. I always had faith Mourinho had plans for him. If he doesn't score more than 20 goals this season ill be very surprised.

As much as I'm a fan of his, that seems quite impossible. Except when Costa gets injured for months or so, which I of course wouldn't wish on him...