Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Maybe because he is still a Chelsea player? This is irrelevant compared to what he has said most recently.

You do not seem to fully understand my perspective. Let me be clear:

If Lukaku leaves, for whatever fee, there is obviously some want for the player to leave himself. Otherwise he would simply say 'No, I want to fight for my place/be the future of this club' and sign a new contract. So let's get that straight.

It will not matter who, as long as they accept their role as no.2 and do not try to create discontent it would be more progressive than having someone who sulks when he isn't picked. Chelsea will always attract good talent anyway.

You are confusing problems. Our main problem was not having a competent no.1 striker, that has been solved (most likely). Our current problem is Lukaku, a striker who isn't happy in his role.

Remember how terrible it was to have Torres moaning at every opportunity, blaming his shit performances on everyone and everything (including his teammates)? Remember how shit that was? Well that will happen again if we just go into this season 'hoping' Lukaku is fine with the situation. It has to be sorted beforehand.

No mate, the harsh reality is that Lukaku has basically talked himself into a corner where he has two simple options:

1) Accept being no.2, sign a new contract and be patient.

2) Be sold.

Right now, he is taking option 2 unless he decides otherwise.

THIS. this is very different from what u said in the first post. IF lukaku is not happy with being no.2, then he can get lost!!! but the way people have been speaking, they make it seem that selling him no matter what (even if he wants to stay and fight for his place) is a brilliant idea. why? just cos lukaku would be entering the last year of his contract and his value will decrease.

right now, lukaku personally cant be dumb enough to not know that we are his best chance at glory!!!he wants to play in a CL club, i cant see where other than us he can play. moreover, right now there are sources, like sky which confirm that he will be fighting for the spot while there are tabloids like mail, telegraph who sprout nonsense day after day that he is on his way out. and then there are a certain posters on here who clearly have an agenda over him.

Dharmesh who does the transfer round up on skysports and is very reliable just said that reports of Lukaku joing Everton on a permanent transfer is not true. He is currently on holiday with his girlfriend and will return for pre-season traning on monday and has claimed he wants to stay and fight for his place.

On Monday, you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Hazard and Courtois aren't coming back for almost another two weeks because of Belgium reaching the QFs and Lukaku was a part of the same team so he's probably been given the same time off.

Cutting his holiday short in favour of joining the squad early would be a great way to show Mourinho he's finally ready to let the football do the talking but I won't believe it till I see it.

On Monday, you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Hazard and Courtois aren't coming back for almost another two weeks because of Belgium reaching the QFs and Lukaku was a part of the same team so he's probably been given the same time off.

Cutting his holiday short in favour of joining the squad early would be a great way to show Mourinho he's finally ready to let the football do the talking but I won't believe it till I see it.

Sorry. My bad. I assumed Monday. But just remembered the WC. So I assume it will be 2 weeks. Would be great to see Costa and a wanting to stay Lukaku as our strikers next season.

Lets think about this. so Rom

you can come to Everton, be the big name player of the club 1st choice player, name always on the team sheet, will be loved and applauded if you have a bad game, have a manager that loves him and wants to make him better.

Or

stay at Chelsea, warm the bench, you might start for the carling cup games, be moaned at if you dont play well. and work with a manager who doesnt rate you.

from everton forum :lol:

Wolfsburg have now targeted Romelu Lukaku, after a move to hijack the Morata deal collapsed. (@DiMarzio)

Not the first time Wolfsburg are said to be in for him.

Both Juventus and Wolfsburg made Lukaku only a 2nd choice after Morata. Im not the biggest fan of Lukaku, but i think Morata is even more overrated, alot more actually.. so it surprise me to see he was so wanted.

I dont think we can sell him for more than 25m euros, there's no market for bigger offers.

Steve Holland: "The plan is that he [Lukaku] will join up with us at some stage during the 2nd week when we’re in Holland" #CFC #EFC (gwl)

Romelu Lukaku has been given a second chance at Chelsea by Jose Mourinho. #CFC #EFC (Sun)

Funny thing is, he really hasn't even been given a first chance...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelseas-romelu-lukaku-transfer-hold-3885510?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Right decision IMO, at least now Lukaku and Jose can sit down together and have a proper man to man talk about what's going on with his situation. If they come to an agreement and both of them are happy for Lukaku to stay then that's great but if their relationship is still not good enough, he can always be sold later in the window and we'll still easily get around £20m for him so there's no hurry to sell him just yet.

If the end result is him going to Everton I'd perhaps even go as far as delay the transfer until deadline day because we'll be playing them at the Goodison near the end of August and it wouldn't be ideal to face him so soon.