Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Most annoying and equally funniest thing i've read all week.

Chelsea wasted his time, or he wasted Chelsea's time? still don't know why the fuck we bought him, we didn't need him at the time, and he obviously wasn't ready for a club like Chelsea.

Can just see him end up like many other youth players - multiple loans, then finally sold to some team abroad.

He was sent to the reserves to get a better first touch, and as far as i can see he learnt nothing. How many goals did he even score in the reserves? I am happy that he has gone out on loan to a PL club but do not bash Chelsea or AVb. He was sent on against Man united last season to change the game and it was just a comedy of errors. Lukaku needs to humble himself

But remember his age, it is not easy to just throw someone of the bench and expect them to bang in a goal or 2. He is very young and wasn't given enough minutes even when coming on as a sub. He was very prolific in the reserves league however not is level and deserved to be playing higher competitive football. I don't think we handled him well. For instance in cup games he originally started then when pressure was on AVB he started Torres/Drogba and had no faith in Lukaku and that probably brought his confidence down.

Since when has mouthing off to the press about playing time become the equivalent of displaying 'character'?

For a footballer, character is displayed on the pitch and Lukaku has yet to come close to doing so (in a Chelsea shirt).

He will get time. Im sure they will use him as a super sub. If they are down with 1 goal or something and its 10mins left they put him up top as a target player.

There's no benefit in that whatsoever. He may as well rot on our bench instead of theirs.

If the loan contract doesn't say in writing that he'll be starting 20 games over the course of the season, it's a waste of time.

Rival fans are stupid, just like we are when it comes to other teams.

Lukaku mentioned that Steve Clarke had been calling him everyday and they had talked a lot, sounds like he really wanted him so I don't fear he won't get any play time much. I can't blame Lukaku being pissed at being bought in by Chelsea only to have a manager that never even wanted him, fucking AVB. Also as We Hate Scouse says don't take that article for completely true, lets remember about all the bullshit and misquotes about Hazard and quotes taken completely out of context.

Lukaku can fuck off for all I care.

All this stuff about him supporting the club since he was young seems bullshit at this point. He only started saying Drogba and Chelsea were his 'idol' and 'supported club' after the media began to draw comparisons with Drogba.

His idol is Thierry Henry. His dad and 2 brothers = Definitely Arsenal supporters, as has been confirmed in the past.

I'm beginning to think that little video package on Youtube of him visiting Stamford Bridge was really just a set-up and hopeful tear-jerker to push the move through.

You don't join a club like Chelsea at his age and expect to be playing loads of games. That's just unheard of.

He's now embarrassing the club whether you realise it or not, and is disrespecting the fans, the players and the staff. Doesn't sound like he supports the club now that he's getting money from us, does it?

Literally thousands of footballers would beg, kill, do anything to be in the position he's in.

He will pay for his words.

Someone above Di Matteo's position will be very unhappy, and rightfully so.

It's the fault of the belgian press who with the help of Anderlecht who wanted money was praising him way too much.

And he was easy to talk to.

I remember that after a match with the national team where he scored two times against Russia, he was given the best grade by some newspaper.

The first one being a gift of the goalkeeper who gave the ball to Hazard who gave it back to Lukaku with no one in front of the goal.

His second was after a long ball where a defender misjudged it and was going under it while the other one bounced off him.

The rest of the match he was awful. Offside a ton of times and not even because of runs but just because he was staying still while the defense was moving up. Not once in a link-up position to help the midfield.

All the dangerous actions were coming from Hazard and Fellaini that often linked up.

He did nothing besides his goals, one being a gift but he received a 9 out of 10 for his performance.

I watched the whole time he played. I think he did really good. Really used his strenght to disturb the defenders. And about his first touches (i know some people find this topic intresting) they where good. His first "first touch" in the game was awful but after that he got calmed and did great imo.

He is still a boy ,,,FFS will people get off his back ... We NEED players like him to deliver in the next few years.

Amen to that :)

I'm not really worried about him. Sure he will prove himself at West Brom!

I think he will turn out to be a good player for us, but West Brom is a bad loan move, he should've went to the Championship, he's still got plenty of time why shot him in the deep end straight away when there's such a huge risk.....

I think he will turn out to be a good player for us, but West Brom is a bad loan move, he should've went to the Championship, he's still got plenty of time why shot him in the deep end straight away when there's such a huge risk.....

He shouldnt have gone to the Championship at all. He can start at many other PL clubs. That would be humiliation, signing a player for £18m then loaning them to the Championship, no way. I am sure he would be far to good for that league and think he can easily be a starter at many Premier League 'lower teams'

No worries Sloth. At least he will get more credit at West Brom than throwing him in at the Bridge. At least will be forgiven to miss some chances at The Hawthorns :).