Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

In the next year or two his not going to play much, that's fair to say, his only 18, his going to be a great player I have no doubt about that and their is no way will we sell him, but at this stage his not good enough for our first team. I reckon we'll loan him out next season, that's if we pick up another striker or two, but it would probably be best for him and for us if we do loan him out.

I dont get it at all. He has looked pretty decent whenever he has played for the first team and shown a great work ethic. Why is he constantly ignored? I understand that he is 18 but even so, other clubs play young players, we have one that we paid 18 million pound for, you would think that would be worth at least one Premier League start. the lad seems disillusioned by the situation at Chelsea and why wouldn't he be?

He needs a couple of seasons out on loan then we need to give him a chance if he has impressed , there is no point spending nearly 20 mill on a player then selling them without being given a chance.

Latest news in Belgian is going about a loan BUT he will stay in the EPL (according to his manager Christophe Henrotay).

Chelsea met Lukaku's manager in Paris yesterday where things were discussed. Chelsea would prefer him to move to a club in London, so they can follow his progression from up close.

QPR and especially Fulham are in pole position to get Lukaku on a loan next year.

Good chance that Romelu will be playing at Craven Cottage next season since Moussa Dembele also plays there!

Lukaku was told (by our National Squad Manager Leekens) to play more OR to risk the chance of being dropped out of the national squad for the upcoming qualifiers for the WC'14.

Fulham really fucked the Kakuta loan up but if we can insert a clause stating that he must play a certain amount of games like what we supposedly did with Courtois and McEachran, then I guess they would be okay.. QPR - please god no. Thankfully it's looking likely that they'll get relegated.

^^

Have to disagree mate. We should never loan to fullham after the way they treated Kakuta. Plus, Jol is far from the ideal manager to nurture Romelu's talent.

The problem is Kakuta plays in a position where there's so much competition and in a team like Fulham, full of midfield players, it was hard for him to break through. Kakuta had it rough at Bolton too, but that doesn't mean we should not consider them when we're thinking of loan locations. Kakuta's always been an issue when it's come to loans, thankfully he's found his place in the Dijon set up.

My point, though, is Fulham's a club that do need a striker. Since Zamora's left they have a void to fill, Johnson's got his injury problems, Ruiz is yet to find his form and their top scorer (I think) is their midfield player Dempsey. It's a club like this where Lukaku, especially with his talent, could potentially play week in-week out.

The problem is Kakuta plays in a position where there's so much competition and in a team like Fulham, full of midfield players, it was hard for him to break through. Kakuta had it rough at Bolton too, but that doesn't mean we should not consider them when we're thinking of loan locations. Kakuta's always been an issue when it's come to loans, thankfully he's found his place in the Dijon set up.

My point, though, is Fulham's a club that do need a striker. Since Zamora's left they have a void to fill, Johnson's got his injury problems, Ruiz is yet to find his form and their top scorer (I think) is their midfield player Dempsey. It's a club like this where Lukaku, especially with his talent, could potentially play week in-week out.

The kakuta loan aside, I still don't want Lukaku working under Martin Jol. He is not exactly known for his man-management skills. Remember when he fined that youngster a couple of week's salary for missing a penalty against us in the FA cup?

The kakuta loan aside, I still don't want Lukaku working under Martin Jol. He is not exactly known for his man-management skills. Remember when he fined that youngster a couple of week's salary for missing a penalty against us in the FA cup?

Lmao! Fair enough.. But I would like to see him stay in the PL whatever happens.

l have NO faith in the loan system ...OK I know about Danny BUT tell me all the other loans that have worked out well for us.

l have NO faith in the loan system ...OK I know about Danny BUT tell me all the other loans that have worked out well for us.

I think its much easier for English players like Wilshire, Sturridge and Welbeck to make an impression while they are on loan then a foreign youngster, they just have sooo much more support. Danny had his uncle who was also a Premiership striker ( Dean Sturridge) and his whole family around him.