Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Everyone is talking about loans and why we bought him but, I think we were rushed into buying him because we wanted him to be homegrown and I think a loan would ruin that.

Just give him time, he is 3 or 4 years younger than Sturridge who's breaking through now. Be patient.

I don't see what the big deal is. 18M for the kind of potential he has is nothing. Even if he doesn't turn out to be Chelsea quality, he's so young, we can easily sell him for 10-15M in a couple of years.

Essentially the opportunity cost is 3M-5M at best. And, if he turns out to realize his potential, well then good luck getting a bid below 50M.

BUT against a side like Leicester he HAS to play! These are the only opportunities for him to show everybody what he's capable of and for some stupid reason he wasn't even on the bench that game! It's okay, if you pay 18m for the potential he has got but it's more than just essential to let him play against teams that are even weaker than most of the teams in the Belgian league.

He's a proven striker in the belgium league he should be played instead of Drogba. Lukaku has the drive we need right now he's young and he wants to score and win stuff, we should give him an opportunity to start 1 or 2 matches or at least play a part on them.

Alternatively... We can just promote Feruz to the first team :Goober:

Does anyone have any logical explanation as to Why he never has been given the time to be used in the first team? Must be frustrating for him.

IMO there are two reasons for the fact Lukaku stays glued to the bench (or even the stands):

• AVB was never interested in buying him. This was a decision made by the club for the future
    • AVB's first choice would always be Didier, Daniel, Kalou, Torres & Anelka (for the time he was still with us)
    • At the ACN Lukaku could finally get a chance... but because of the poor results of the team + the fact that AVB was already scared to be sacked... he didn't had the balls to play a young guy and went for the easy solution: play the experienced guys.

[*]Di Mateo has the same problem now.

• Team is doing better BUT still has a lot to do to make up for the bad season so far => experience wins it above young talent

[*]Both Drogba & Torres are mentioned to be leaving soon. From a management point of view this is the moment to play them and hope they just score goals and play well... to get some $ € £ for them when being sold. Imaging paying 50£million for Nando and letting him go for 20£million... That's one of the worst investments ever!

So to sum things up: Romelu is just unlucky that the squad is having such a bad season. Probably next year he will be loaned out. And to all you guys who doubt his qualities... Please take the time to go and watch 3-4 (full) games he plays in will ya? And then feel free to give comments. I have been Romelu since his debut at Anderlecht. Believe me... when he will get the chance to play (I guess at Fulham), he will amaze a lot of you guys and in 6 months you will be shouting he has to come back! I'm very sure of that!

Cheers!

We don't doubt his qualities or potential. I'm actually talking from his point of view, if I'm honest. We shouldn't have paid such money then, and he shouldn't have chosen to move (at least to Chelsea) at that point. André's comments about it basically told everyone he didn't want him "because other clubs were circulating" I believe were his words.

And what I can say out of positiveness is, next season he will get a chance somewhere. It's only by the rules of the PL that he's not at the moment, I can only hope this loan actually works out though.

IMO there are two reasons for the fact Lukaku stays glued to the bench (or even the stands):

• AVB was never interested in buying him. This was a decision made by the club for the future
    • AVB's first choice would always be Didier, Daniel, Kalou, Torres & Anelka (for the time he was still with us)
    • At the ACN Lukaku could finally get a chance... but because of the poor results of the team + the fact that AVB was already scared to be sacked... he didn't had the balls to play a young guy and went for the easy solution: play the experienced guys.

[*]Di Mateo has the same problem now.

• Team is doing better BUT still has a lot to do to make up for the bad season so far => experience wins it above young talent

[*]Both Drogba & Torres are mentioned to be leaving soon. From a management point of view this is the moment to play them and hope they just score goals and play well... to get some $ € £ for them when being sold. Imaging paying 50£million for Nando and letting him go for 20£million... That's one of the worst investments ever!

So to sum things up: Romelu is just unlucky that the squad is having such a bad season. Probably next year he will be loaned out. And to all you guys who doubt his qualities... Please take the time to go and watch 3-4 (full) games he plays in will ya? And then feel free to give comments. I have been Romelu since his debut at Anderlecht. Believe me... when he will get the chance to play (I guess at Fulham), he will amaze a lot of you guys and in 6 months you will be shouting he has to come back! I'm very sure of that!

Cheers!

Thanks Atholy. Obviously you have seen him first hand. I am disappointed he has not been given a chance. I hope you are right. I think he would make a great striker. Strong, quick. agile.Liked him from the start.

Torres' pathetic form has screwed up this season for Lukaku basically.

Since Torres is/was so lacking in confidence, he had to be played against stupid teams: Portsmouth, Birmingham & Leicester in the FA Cup, Genk in the CL, and the weaker Prem teams at home.

A player of Lukaku's hype/potential + price tag should be played in those games, but thanks to Torres he didn't get a chance

Its quite heartbreaking to see a 20m prolific young talent play for the reserves week in and week out.Chelsea should have loaned him out to a premier club in January but sadly they didn't.

Lukaku needs to get loaned out next season so that he can show his true potential to Chelsea and its also important that he gets loaned out to club which has familiar football style like Chelsea so that he gets used to our style.

Loaning him out to Swansea or Newcastle would be a mistake because their midfield provides great service to their strikers.A club like Stoke would be the perfect for him as they depend on physical strength and I am sure Luakaku will fit the bill.

Because that was the official fee that was paid. Where did the above poster get 20million from?! So far Lukaku has cost us 10.7 million. Yes there are add ons but those could be paid at any time and I'm not sure what they are. For instance Sturridge until recently only cost us 5.5 million. But in November, after making his England appearance, over 2 years after he arrived, that fee is now 6.5 million. The fee when we first bought him was just 3.5 million (we paid them 500'000 for each 10 first team appearances upto 40). So currently, Lukaku has cost this club 10.7 million. Piazon cost about 8 million with an extra 1 million paid to Piazon and his agent - I don't see anyone talking about him being a bad buy despite he's worse for te reserves than Lukaku.

Because that was the official fee that was paid. Where did the above poster get 20million from?! So far Lukaku has cost us 10.7 million. Yes there are add ons but those could be paid at any time and I'm not sure what they are. For instance Sturridge until recently only cost us 5.5 million. But in November, after making his England appearance, over 2 years after he arrived, that fee is now 6.5 million. The fee when we first bought him was just 3.5 million (we paid them 500'000 for each 10 first team appearances upto 40). So currently, Lukaku has cost this club 10.7 million. Piazon cost about 8 million with an extra 1 million paid to Piazon and his agent - I don't see anyone talking about him being a bad buy despite he's worse for te reserves than Lukaku.

The money isn't the point here -_-

He is correct. Lukaku has cost Chelsea about 12 million EUR but if he starts scoring goals in official games, the fee could get to a maximum of 20 million EUR.

I don't agree though that a loan back to Anderlecht would have been better. Seven months training with the stars of Chelsea really did him good. He looks supersharp. In the last friendly game of Belgium he got half an hour playtime and replaced the topscorer from Greece. He did more than in those 30 minutes than Mirallas in 60 or so.

So no, it hasn't been a complete waste of time. It could have been better if he got some more gametime. But he'll hopefully get that next year at a stable PL side.