The English Football Thread

Steve

18 minutes ago, different level said:

Just a reminder how quickly things can change. Less than a week ago Arsenal were looking really solid, without the defensive woes of Liverpool and City, maybe you could even say they looked like the best overall title contender among the three teams behind us. On second thought there's nothing too dramatic, that's simply an Arsenal thing. 

They miss Mustafi for last two games tho...could be the difference

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Ozil tonight is example I was saying why not to buy barca/real rejects. 

Sure some end up good like Yaya or Makelele (because neither club appreciated their less fancy style of play), but with these attacking players, they simply aint good enough. They might play well against small sides but they wont bring you CL thats why Real and Barca sell them. Rather buy up and coming ligue 1 players who can further improve like Didi, Azpi, Essien, Eden...

Same with James, I hope we dont buy him.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

City beating Arsenal isn't exactly ideal. Still the likeliest to rival us for the title. A draw would have been better for us.

Which is why i always root for City to lose. Arsenal could have ended City in that first half, had they gone 2-0 up, and probably their title chances. And when you have an opprotunity to put Guardiola to the sword, you finish them off. Hopefully Liverpool pull a madness in 2 weeks and out Winning streak is still intact too. 

Don't know if it was you or someone else who was trying to point out that Arsenal could be dangerous this season. But now you see why I will NEVER take them lot seriously until they get a new manager or are hoisting that trophy come matchday 38. Typical Arsenal.

32 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Which is why i always root for City to lose. Arsenal could have ended City in that first half, had they gone 2-0 up, and probably their title chances. And when you have an opprotunity to put Guardiola to the sword, you finish them off. Hopefully Liverpool pull a madness in 2 weeks and out Winning streak is still intact too. 

Hopefully Liverpool v Man City will end in a draw. Maybe this was just a one off but something in the second half of that City v Arsenal game has gotten me concerned. After City went ahead, they were actually sitting back and looking to break on Arsenal rather than pressing them and making their superiority count. It's almost as if Guardiola has finally realized the need to be pragmatic at times in the Premier League. We all know City are dangerous going forward and if Guardiola can make them pragmatic and defensively sound, be it by sitting back and defending compact when they have to or pressing the opposition relentlessly without losing that balance, then it's going to be one big problem for us.

40 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Don't know if it was you or someone else who was trying to point out that Arsenal could be dangerous this season. But now you see why I will NEVER take them lot seriously until they get a new manager or are hoisting that trophy come matchday 38. Typical Arsenal.

I did actually. :lol: I certainly acknowledged the fact that Arsenal will always crumble under pressure in the title race but part of me was just rather being cautious because at some point, they will end their title drought and have that mental strength to go the distance in the title race. And certainly before the back-to-back losses this week, they have been winning games when not at their best and showing slightly better consistency in picking up results compared to previous seasons.

58 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Liverpool to me still continues to be the dangerous team. 

I fully expect Liverpool to beat City when they meet. 

11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Liverpool to me still continues to be the dangerous team. 

I fully expect Liverpool to beat City when they meet. 

Im a bit Arsenal fan like bi polar when it comes to Liverpool under Klopp, some games they look really good and think he will take them far, others he repeats the exact same mistakes Brendan did, no more so than Bournemouth.