The English Football Thread

Steve

Just now, Pizy said:

People say we are over reliant on Costa but look at them. Zlatan has like all of their goals. Injury to the old man and they're in huge trouble.

Not wishing an injury on anyone but...:P

Oh god. Stop tempting fate! :rant:

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

I learned the pessimism from the best :P

Maybe because it's Mourinho and title experience (Tomo will probably point out again that he's not good at chasing leads) that has gotten me worried a little. Seems to have found his best XI, has them playing well and they appear to be on the roll now.

Id be surprised if it happens this season, United need 5 teams to collapse to get a sniff, next could be interesting which is why we need a good couple of windows with progressive squad evolution.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Id be surprised if it happens this season, United need 5 teams to collapse to get a sniff, next could be interesting which is why we need a good couple of windows with progressive squad evolution.

Should have bet on you replying to that! :lol:

Just trying to think which of the teams above them is most likely to choke. I think both Liverpool and Arsenal play the brand of football that'll see them blow away the small sides so I think they're pretty safe. City can look great one week and terrible the next. Spurs blow hot and cold and just don't have enough firepower.

So....City, maybe? With their tough CL campaign and shite defense it might be them. Would be shocking to me if that happened since I predicted they'd win the league pretty comfortably before it started! :D

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just trying to think which of the teams above them is most likely to choke. I think both Liverpool and Arsenal play the brand of football that'll see them blow away the small sides so I think they're pretty safe. City can look great one week and terrible the next. Spurs blow hot and cold and just don't have enough firepower.

So....City, maybe? With their tough CL campaign and shite defense it might be them. Would be shocking to me if that happened since I predicted they'd win the league pretty comfortably before it started! :D

Before the season started, I would have been happy for us to get a spot in the Europa League :lol:

I think it's Spurs.They have yet to prove that they can get things done when the pressure is on them and this season's team doesn't seem as solid as last season.

But Pep really needs to work on his preparation in the league or it very well could miss out on CL next season. I bet Pellegrini is laughing his ass off right now.

This Southampton vs bournemoth game lacks quality. Bournemoth have a good system but their strikers Wilson and King are so poor, at least king is a team player but Wilson is a stingy and technically poor striker. No surprise Ake easily got into the team once he got a chance, his teammates are benefitting from a good system from the coach but they are really average.