Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

It would be fucking hilarious if they had like a 10-minute clear-the-air talk while everyone else out here is losing their mind and debating the incident for days! Would be nice for everyone involved if they sit down and talk through what happened like proper adults. I mean, not everyone was 100% sure WTF was going on. Need to move on from this ASAP!

That is probably what is happening or has happened. The media are blowing it way out of proportion. Messi did it too Enrique. Not much was said about that.

It shouldn't be a surprise by now but can I just say the media are fucking hypocrites with this whole player power thing? The pundits on Sunday Supplement talked about it at Leicester - in relation to Puel's sacking - like it's nothing and normal but when it comes to us, it's outrage and public outcry everywhere! Hell, Robert Huth was saying how it was hard to work with Puel at Leicester, how Puel didn't motivate the players and worked against them but was there any outrage? Nope! Nothing on players not playing for the manager and all that. It's one rule for Chelsea and another for everyone else! :rant:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It shouldn't be a surprise by now but can I just say the media are fucking hypocrites with this whole player power thing? The pundits on Sunday Supplement talked about it at Leicester - in relation to Puel's sacking - like it's nothing and normal but when it comes to us, it's outrage and public outcry everywhere! Hell, Robert Huth was saying how it was hard to work with Puel at Leicester, how Puel didn't motivate the players and worked against them but was there any outrage? Nope! Nothing on players not playing for the manager and all that. It's one rule for Chelsea and another for everyone else! :rant:

Let's not forget United under Jose. Completely forgotten about already being that they can do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of the Media. Utterly pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Most papers the mail especially aren't happy unless things are going wrong. 

Even when things are going right tjey try and spin it somehow.. Someone didn't make eye contact.. Omg!! Someone didn't shake a hand.. This means this!! 

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

That is probably what is happening or has happened. The media are blowing it way out of proportion. Messi did it too Enrique. Not much was said about that.

Exactly and to think so many went "I've never seen anything like it before"! There's Messi and then there's Luiz with PSG in 2016...

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Let's not forget United under Jose. Completely forgotten about already being that they can do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of the Media. Utterly pathetic.

Mancini and Pellegrini with Man City.

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho with Man United.

AVB, Sherwood with Spurs.

Rodgers at Liverpool. 

Who got the blame when things were bad at those clubs? The manager. But at Chelsea? It's all about the players. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Again, people moan about player power undermining Sarri and yet, he has helped to foster that at the club.

He has criticized the players multiple times after bad losses and what has he done in the following game? Played them again. If players know they can play poorly, then why should they listen to the manager?

Yesterday as well, he had TWO chances to stamp his authority on the Kepagate - one during the incident and one post-match - and what did he do? He backed down both times and even threw a tantrum. How does one expect players to fully respect the manager if he isn't going to stamp his authority and is just going to throw his toys out of the pram rather than stand his ground and take control of situations? 

He got every right to criticised the players because there are some standards at this club because you're not simply going to mid-table team and get fucked 4-0. They're millionaires kicking ball around after all most of the people in this world have to put up with a lot more for a loooooooot less on daily basis and they got no multimillion mansion to hide in or simply don't have the luxury of not performing at work because they don't feel like it or they don't like the boss ideas how he run things. So excuse if I'm not running to our players with warm blanket when they gonna get criticised every know and then.

As the rules of the game says if the player refused to be subbed the game has to be resumed by the ref. No manager in the history of football was in this position before what did you expect Sarri to do? Get on the  pitch himself? Where was our captain for fuck sake? Oh I know where he was... on the other side of the pitch as he said in post match interview. As JT said yesterday when you number is up you have to come off is that simple it doesn't matter if you're fit or not or whether manager is playing 3D or 4D chess with the subs. Regarding Sarri almost storming out of the stadium God knows what was happening behind the doors in the past weeks. Lots of talk of player power (not for the first time) at the club and all of a sudden a player refusing to being sub in final at Wembley watched by millions around the world. Let's be honest the shit that is happening at our clubs doesn't happen at any other top clubs and I think Sarri just hit for a second his breaking point. Wonder what went through his head in that very moment. "Fuck this shit I don't deserve this I've done my best and that's what I get in return" or something like that. Kudos to the man for still trying to defend Kepa with some bullshit PR story so the media would fuck off their back for a bit but we all know how it really went down. Obviously things will be dealt with internally and players will expect Sarri to stamp his authority in the team after Kepa scenes. As much it is embarrassing for Sarri it's the same embarrassing for them as every single one of them failed to do anything to help out the manager and avoid this embarrassment. I like Azpi and he's a good lad but he's not a leader material and failed in most important moment yesterday.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Mancini and Pellegrini with Man City.

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho with Man United.

AVB, Sherwood with Spurs.

Rodgers at Liverpool. 

Who got the blame when things were bad at those clubs? The manager. But at Chelsea? It's all about the players. 

And was there no talk of 'player power' that got shot of those managers?

Its always better for 'the club' to make 1 guy look a cunt than 25 others!

And  easier and cheaper to replace.

8 minutes ago, Kajo said:

He got every right to criticised the players because there are some standards at this club because you're not simply going to mid-table team and get fucked 4-0. They're millionaires kicking ball around after all most of the people in this world have to put up with a lot more for a loooooooot less on daily basis and they got no multimillion mansion to hide in or simply don't have the luxury of not performing at work because they don't feel like it or they don't like the boss ideas how he run things. So excuse if I'm not running to our players with warm blanket when they gonna get criticised every know and then.

Did you even read my post in full? I have no issue with manager criticizing the players but there should be repercussion for poor performances. If players play poorly, Sarri should drop them. Make a point, stamp his authority. But he's not really done that, has he? If players know they can play poorly and still start the next game, then why would they even bother trying?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

No sure what you guys think about this, but once in a while a read this kind of thing: Chelsea identity is playing pragmatic and boring football, and imo this is just bullshit.

According to the article when managers tried to change this "identity" they failed: Scolari, AVB and now Sarri. Scolari didn't tried to change anything, Scolari is one of the most pragmatic and defensive managers in the world. He is not different from Mourinho in terms of football philosophy. He was just not good enough.

Playing pragmatic and defensive football is easier than playing offensive and exciting football. Most of football teams around the world adopt this kind of tactics nowadays, and being pragmatic have been the trend for ages, its not a "Chelsea identity". Not to mention there is a huge difference between Conte and Mourinho tactics, even if they are both defensive managers. What Sarri did yesterday has not relation at all with Mourinho or Conte tactics. Sarri was pragmatic because the other side was way stronger, and the team just got smashed by same side days ago. He just did the natural thing. 

Even Guardiola's Barcelona gave up the "identity" in 2009 UCL final. I remember that game as it was yesterday, and most of Barcelona chances came from counter attacks. When Barcelona won UCL in 2015 their tactics had nothing to do with Guardiola's tik taka.

The identity thing doesn't make much sense, imo.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not a fan of Joe Tweedie's.  He's another who jumps on the youth bandwagon and goes mad for the flavour of the month, then six months later he never mentions them again.

Distinctly remember him creaming over Dujon Sterling... now its Reece James and Sterling doesnt get a shout.  He's a tit  Writes a few blogs and thinks he is Mr. Know it all.   Piss off

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

Firmly disagree, that kind of mindset was why the England national side took the best part of a century to finally win one. If it was a lottery most takers and keepers records would be roughly equal.

Caballero averages just short of a save every two kicks he faces, that's not luck.

There are things you can control - like Jorginho trying the skip shot - I think everyone saw it coming. But it is a lot about nerves and luck

6 hours ago, Henrique said:

No sure what you guys think about this, but once in a while a read this kind of thing: Chelsea identity is playing pragmatic and boring football, and imo this is just bullshit.

According to the article when managers tried to change this "identity" they failed: Scolari, AVB and now Sarri. Scolari didn't tried to change anything, Scolari is one of the most pragmatic and defensive managers in the world. He is not different from Mourinho in terms of football philosophy. He was just not good enough.

Playing pragmatic and defensive football is easier than playing offensive and exciting football. Most of football teams around the world adopt this kind of tactics nowadays, and being pragmatic have been the trend for ages, its not a "Chelsea identity". Not to mention there is a huge difference between Conte and Mourinho tactics, even if they are both defensive managers. What Sarri did yesterday has not relation at all with Mourinho or Conte tactics. Sarri was pragmatic because the other side was way stronger, and the team just got smashed by same side days ago. He just did the natural thing. 

Even Guardiola's Barcelona gave up the "identity" in 2009 UCL final. I remember that game as it was yesterday, and most of Barcelona chances came from counter attacks. When Barcelona won UCL in 2015 their tactics had nothing to do with Guardiola's tik taka.

The identity thing doesn't make much sense, imo.

Not sure about this article. Even if the team is building a possesion-based tactic, in some matches especially the big ones, any team will inevitably counter attack and try to catch teams off-guard and with less defenders. It is common sense

Kepa has been fined for what happened on Sunday, which is fair enough, but shouldn't Sarri have been fined as well? Like, I can understand his anger then but he's the manager and he almost walked out on the team and later derailed the team's preparation for the shootout. If Kepa's expected to behave better, then was Sarri's behavior really acceptable for someone who's supposed to be leading the club?