Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

Oh my life...

I SWEAR down, if I see Alonso in the starting lineup tomorrow and Spuds took advantage of that, he HAS to go. No exceptions.

He probably doesn't think it for real, how many times has a manager said their player is better than they clearly are? For example Warnock once said Speroni was the best keeper in England while Jose told Lampard (before his elevation to world class status) that he was the worlds best player in a period Henry and Ronaldinho were in their prime.

These type of soundbites are part of man management.

For me its obvious he won't be sacked. Sarri was a Marina appointment. She is the real boss at the moment, and she want to prove her decision to appoint was right from the first moment. The reason why Conte was sacked was his huge ego, when he started to say bad words about the board in the public his job was dead in the water. 

53 minutes ago, Henrique said:

For me its obvious he won't be sacked. Sarri was a Marina appointment. She is the real boss at the moment, and she want to prove her decision to appoint was right from the first moment. The reason why Conte was sacked was his huge ego, when he started to say bad words about the board in the public his job was dead in the water. 

True, it's a pity because I wanted Conte to continue. 

I knew that guy is a top coach, but when you pick a fight with the board you are bound to lose.

That is why Sarri is the perfect manager for the board. He will always go with them and don't make their life hard like Mourinho and Conte tried to do. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

He probably doesn't think it for real, how many times has a manager said their player is better than they clearly are? For example Warnock once said Speroni was the best keeper in England while Jose told Lampard (before his elevation to world class status) that he was the worlds best player in a period Henry and Ronaldinho were in their prime.

These type of soundbites are part of man management.

I think the concern for most is a statement that implies that Sarri rates Alonso, and that is concern. Alonso should be binned as soon as possible imo, he has been one of Chelsea weakest link.

Sure managers can overrate their players or sing bigger praise, i don't think anyone would care for the praise if Alonso was actually at Chelsea standard. 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

her appointment but make no mistake, everyone at that club answers to roman.  How many of his own appointments has he admitted failure with and sacked.  If he gets sick of results, or there is a lot of negative feedback from other board members, Sarri will be out.   In all our recent sackings, I think the message has always been delivered by Bruce Buck and Tenenbaum.  Never Marina, she is our negotiator, but i think her role gets a little over exaggerated sometimes

I dont doubt she is close to Roman, and it was her choice, but he wont keep his job just because she wants him to, or whatever.  

Btw I don't have problem with emotional reaction. One of my exes was blank page and I hated it. The other one smash phone on the wall because of me. I like that. Shows passion. It actually turned me on. Same with Sarri except turn on part. 

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What do you guys mean he was Marina's appointment? Like I said before I'm sure she didn't knew who Sarri is or there's a football club in Naples. I don't think she cares about football that much. She makes deals. 

it was reported at the time that most of the board weren't keen on Sarri due to his history of being a bit rude to press etc.  and controversial.  Don't think he would have been the choice of Buck, or Barnard, even Tenenbaum

But it supposedly didnt bother Marina and she vouched for Sarri, so if it goes tits up, its on her.

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Btw I don't have problem with emotional reaction. One of my exes was blank page and I hated it. The other one smash phone on the wall because of me. I like that. Shows passion. It actually turned me on. Same with Sarri except turn on part. 

:D

18 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

her appointment but make no mistake, everyone at that club answers to roman.  How many of his own appointments has he admitted failure with and sacked.  If he gets sick of results, or there is a lot of negative feedback from other board members, Sarri will be out.   In all our recent sackings, I think the message has always been delivered by Bruce Buck and Tenenbaum.  Never Marina, she is our negotiator, but i think her role gets a little over exaggerated sometimes

I dont doubt she is close to Roman, and it was her choice, but he wont keep his job just because she wants him to, or whatever.  

It depends how close he is to Roman, if you know what I mean, if she is really that close there is a fair chance she is the real boss.

Okay, I can understand why Sarri has dropped Kepa to the bench but he continues to send out mixed messages. Said in the statement on Monday that Kepagate is over for him but now proceeded to punish him, which would likely drag this drama on for more days.

And speaking of sending out mixed messages, Sarri praised Emerson yesterday and said how he must use him ahead of Alonso given the recent form but he has selected the latter vs Spurs...

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay, I can understand why Sarri has dropped Kepa to the bench but he continues to send out mixed messages. Said in the statement on Monday that Kepagate is over for him but now proceeded to punish him, which would likely drag this drama on for more days.

And speaking of sending out mixed messages, Sarri praised Emerson yesterday and said how he must use him ahead of Alonso given the recent form but he has selected the latter vs Spurs...

cuz he is a duplicitous cunt IMHO

I trust him as far as I can spit into the Stockholm winter wind