The Mourinho Thread

Lol at this btw. I see everyone else has taken you to task over City's spending, but do not compare Lukaku talking to the media and José talking to the media.

It is José's job to talk to the media. It is also his job to protect his team any way he can and to gain an advantage any way he can - he does this through the media. The fact that he even has you complaining about it shows the effect it can have; no one was talking about his players. They were left to concentrate on tonights game and they executed everything perfectly.

However, it is not in Lukaku's job description to piss and moan about Chelsea (saying stupidly unnecessary things about wanting to outscore our strikers etc.) at another club while still under contract at Chelsea - the club he asked to leave.

:lol:

He was not saying "stupid unneccessary" stuff. He is speaking his mind and there is no clause to say 'don't talk to the media' but we will agree to disagree and I would rather not keep going on about this and more celebrate on tonight's win OK powgw9.gif

He was not saying "stupid unneccessary" stuff. He is speaking his mind and there is no clause to say 'don't talk to the media' but we will agree to disagree and I would rather not keep going on about this and more celebrate on tonight's win OK powgw9.gif

Agreed! :getin:

Aw come on, that's one isolated game where certain people rightfully criticised how Mourinho set up the team, they weren't knocking him as a manager, just how he set up in one game.

I hate how some people think you can't say anything at all about anything Mourinho does. It's ridiculous.

sorry, but that game was drawn because nothing we could do would change that

I disagreed with some of Mourinho's choices (especially the subs and the time he took) but we could have played the entire squad for 5 days and that 0 wouldn't be removed from there. Let's take a moment to recognize WHU defended flawless there... we were unlucky, didn't have the players to finish it for us (something we never do anyway) and despite Mourinho's minor mistakes, I don't think he earned to be judged by that result... his mistakes were minor compared to the greatness of WHU defense skills in that match

I disagreed with some of Mourinho's choices (especially the subs and the time he took) but we could have played the entire squad for 5 days and that 0 wouldn't be removed from there. Let's take a moment to recognize WHU defended flawless there... we were unlucky, didn't have the players to finish it for us (something we never do anyway) and despite Mourinho's minor mistakes, I don't think he earned to be judged by that result... his mistakes were minor compared to the greatness of WHU defense skills in that match

I'm not disagreeing with you - I thought that there were certain (little) things Mourinho could have done to give us a greater chance of winning but we played well in general and I commend WHU for their defensive effort in the game BUT I'm not just talking about the WHU game, it's just that if you disagree with one of Mourinho's choices you're automatically branded as some sort of idiot/naysayer which was my main point, I think that's stupid, because everyone knows Mou is one of the best, but being the best does not mean you're perfect every time and that you should be immune to criticism.

I can't agree with this. West Ham definitely defended well, but in the last 10 minutes we came within inches of scoring multiple times, with perhaps the biggest chance right at the end when Lampard missed a sitter. In retrospect Mourinho was definitely too slow to make changes, but hindsight is 20/20 and Jose was probably confident we would break them down with the players we had on the pitch. I imagine he was worried about a freak goal on the counter as well because it was clear we weren't going to bang in a lot of goals. We created the chances, we just didn't take them. With better finishing that game was ours.

He's delivering a master class not only in tactics but also in media handling.

He's been spot on in pretty much every single instance this season. He protected the strikers when they weren't scoring and went through that torrid dry spell, saying stuff like he's happy they're working hard for the team, etc. Even if he's unhappy behind the scenes, saying things like that has immeasurable benefits. He constantly mentions how fantastic JT has been, praising guys like Azpi and Luiz, who are not nailed on starters, and others too. He's always talking up our players, giving them all the confidence in the world. The way he's handled Eden is also masterful. First saying he expects much more, and now that Eden is performing consistently, Jose continues to say that Eden has the potential to be as good as Messi and Ronaldo.

And finally, I love how he keeps playing down our chances to win the Prem. Everyone is obviously taking notice of us now that we're level with City, but we've pretty much been quietly chipping away and keeping just a short distance between us and the two above. Those draws away at United and Arsenal were slammed as awful, negative football. How fucking crucial do they look now?! We'll see who comes out on top in May. Jose is the best weapon we have.

So delighted!

Agreed. In yesterday's post-match interview he praised individuals, he doesn't do that often, but this makes it just this bit more special for the players to hear.

"When the team needed, Petr was there. Ivanovic to score that goal as a defender was fantastic. Central defenders were immaculate. Azpilicueta against Speedy Gonzalez, because Jesus is unbelievably fast, Azpilicueta did a fantastic job."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rcpvssr81U

"The players are everything, the plan is just something to try to help them, but the players are everything."

"Is a team to defend when they have the ball, and is a team to attack when we have the ball."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbnX0p0C0zY

In his entire run for Porto`s Champions league win, He beat only one big team and that was Man utd in the group stages.

It was still a very good achievement but to say that he is special because of his porto run is not correct IMO. He played bloody Monaco in the final FGS.

Jose Mourinho has over the years, been the luckiest of the managers. Always has found himself at the right place at the right time.

I am not saying that he is a bad coach/manager. He is a very good manager but hugely overrated because he is considered special. He is not among the top 5 managers for me.

From an Arsenal forum. Lol.