The Mourinho Thread

:lol: Seems like Pellegrini has got touchy with Mourinho's talk about our title chances..

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1707799/man-city-boss-manuel-pellegrini-hits-back-chelsea-jose-mourinho-title-talk?cc=4716

Pellegrini said: “Maybe it is a small horse if the manager thinks like that. It can be a little horse but very rich. This is the team that spends most money in the last 10 years, it is the team that spends most money this year and the team that spends the most money in the transfer window so [it is] little but rich.”

City outspent Chelsea in the summer window of 2013 but Pellegrini argued that the Londoners paid more in transfer fees over the 12-month period, as well as in a decade of Roman Abramovich’s ownership.

Pellegrini accused Mourinho of trying to take the credit if Chelsea do win the title but attempting to escape the blame if they do not.

He added: “I think he is favourite but he thinks if he wins he will have the merits but if he loses he does not have responsibility. It is the way he acts. Everyone acts the way he thinks is better for his team.”

Pellegrini also insisted that, while Mourinho has claimed it is a transitional year for Chelsea, he could also argue City should not be expected to win trophies this season but opted not to take that approach.

He said: “It is very easy for me to say: ‘It is my first year in the Premier League -- I am just getting to know the players so we don’t have to expect anything in this year,’ but I don’t think it is the way. I think we are working every day to try and do our best. We will see what we can do in all the competitions.”

Maybe so. We may have spent loads of money but that is one way of looking at it. Look at the players and their age, despite being quality, we got and compared that to City. Either way, it's hilarious that he has reacted to Mourinho's comments, not just on our title chances but also City's, when he should know that Jose, if anything, was trolling or trying to rile up oppositions. Pellegrini basically took the bait a tad too easily.

The master bested the wannabe students :D

Maybe so. We may have spent loads of money but that is one way of looking at it. Look at the players and their age, despite being quality, we got and compared that to City. Either way, it's hilarious that he has reacted to Mourinho's comments, not just on our title chances but also City's, when he should know that Jose, if anything, was trolling or trying to rile up oppositions. Pellegrini basically took the bait a tad too easily.

I know that, but he is indeed right when he says it is very convenient for Mourinho to use the "tiny horse" analogy!

Not that Jose is taking the wrong approach (to the contrary), but still, it isnt like Pellegrini went on a crazy Wenger rant or anything like that...

I know that, but he is indeed right when he says it is very convenient for Mourinho to use the "tiny horse" analogy!

Not that Jose is taking the wrong approach (to the contrary), but still, it isnt like Pellegrini went on a crazy Wenger rant or anything like that...

Better than this rant I suppose...

:lol:

I swear City has spent more than us in the last five years? anyway, Pellegrini is rattled, i have a feeling he's going to bottle it.

Wenger, Pellegrini and Rafa are all the same, they get far too emotional, Jose is most likely laughing at these comments. Alex Ferguson said once Rafa came out with the 'facts' rant, he knew he got to him.

Pellegrini is going to bottle it with City, just you watch.

Pretty sure they have, but Pellegrini did say last decade. Hardly fair to compare our spending vs theirs over a 10 year period considering they were complete nobodies until whenever the sheik rolled up (City were the very definition of mediocrity). So, the 5 years prior to the sheik coming in, of course they hardly spent anything compared to Chelsea; this was just Pellegrini responding to the bait and making a stupid and irrelevant point.

There's certainly an air of hypocrisy about Jose's comments, but he's absolutely right to shine attention on City's spending. I mean, they not only have the most expensive squad in the league but they also have the 2nd most expensive squad in Europe. Not to mention the amount they spend on wages is significantly higher than ours.

My god, I'd imagine Jose is at home with a glass of red wine pissing himself laughing.

If City lose to Norwich away tomorrow huge questions will be asked of Pellegrini, he basically admitting he thinks we could win the title. Everyone thought City were a nailed on cert.