The Mourinho Thread

pellegrini is STUPID. end of it. he was being baited and he has taken the bait. i have no doubt that jose already has his answers prepared to the journalists questions of "what do you think of pellegrini saying......."???

and so start the verbal war and mind games!!! and i have no doubt about who is going to come ahead on that!!!!

JOSE is the boss!!!!

Well there are a few of us that have been saying we aren't the title favorites since before the season started. I don't think Mourinho is just trying to escape any blame with his speech as Pellegrini implied. In a league as competitive as EPL it'd be very difficult for us to win the title. I'm not saying we can't and neither is Mourinho.

He's already started saying come next summer we ARE the favorites to win or at least one of the faves. He's not protecting himself imo, he's just being reasonable.

I don't know if I'd call Chelsea a small horse, but I wouldn't call us the top dog or one of them. We're on the way of becoming the top dogs and the prospects of a second season under Mourinho are immense, but right now (especially based on how we've been playing) we have much better chances in a cup tournament such as UCL (even knowing Bayern is better than any English side and RM might be as strong as City right now, if not more as well) because the win against City proved me we can beat any team in the world - even in their turf if that's required. It doesn't mean we will beat any of the UCL teams, but right now I fancy our chances there or at the FA Cup better than in a championship where others will copy West Ham's strategy against us at the Bridge and they might lead us to drop a couple of points here and there because that's one of our limitations as a team: as our players aren't that mature enough and we don't have reliable strikers, we 'suffer' to beat teams that park the bus. Hazard's been amazing for us the past couple of months, but he isn't in that level yet to just decide the match for us when we fail to score. It may happen (and I think when it does, he'll take another step up in his development curve), but if it does is randomly and not because he's the guy that does that when we face a bus parked at the opponent's box.

We were eliminated by Sunderland (!) from League Cup because back then we were even less ready than now, we were in the eye of the transition hurricane, let's say. Right now we're a much more mature team - we even know 9/10 of the possible starting 11 - that is in the process of sharpening their form. We've been in formidable form since the loss to Sunderland imo. We're maturing, sharpening, and growing. The tactics finally settled, the players finally bought it and now it's polishing time. In my opinion it'll take the rest of the season (or maybe until April) for us to reach the full potential of this team. We still need a couple of months of polishing and sharpening before we can play every match as strongly as we did the last couple of months. Let's not forget we still have problems converting our chances, we still have problems getting rid of tight and deep defenses, some of our most important players aren't on their peak yet or not even on their full potential given their current positions in their development curve. That's why we aren't faves yet, that's why other teams have advantages over us and that's why Mourinho is very down to earth on his comments. They may work as mind games (I admit they do), but that doesn't make them any less true. We aren't ready yet to be called the faves, but it doesn't mean we won't win. We have a top manager, with top players working with him. The more they gel together, better are our chances. The competition is very hard for everyone, not only us. So while I believe Arsenal will drop a lot of points as they basically have to play everyone in the top6 away in the next two months (I guess they only have one home match against the top6, but I could be wrong), it's also possible that City will drop some, especially as they might try to focus their attention on in their first knock-out UCL chance. But we're prone to drop points too exactly because I feel we still have some bad days in the office when it comes to our attack. Our defense seems to be ready, already at the top of their game (no coincidence it's the place where all the players - maybe except Azpili - are very mature, experienced and maybe even on their peak (Cahill and JT certainly are, and Iva while very underwhelming attacking, is still a monster defending, not the mention our legend, Petr Cech).

I'm positive Matic won't play all matches like he did against City. He's new in the team, it's only natural he'll alternate better and worse performances until he fully adapts. I'm positive the Portuguese fans among us or people who's watched their league in recent years can confirm that despite an amazing display for us, we are yet to see his full potential based on what he's showed there in the last 18 months. Ramires still struggles a lot with his passing and finishing and I feel more and more that his stamina and pace are the only things working on his favor in team selection. But sometimes his lack of quality passing in the second and final thirds, his oscillating finishing cost us a couple of goals or chances created. Lampard struggles with the opposite. He doesn't handle the physicality of the league as he's used to and Mikel doesn't dare to help our attack.

Our attack is formed by players that are either still deep in their development curve, far from peaking (Oscar, Hazard, Salah, Schurrle) or are way past it (Eto'o, Torres). Willian is the one guy that is in a good moment of his development curve, but he's struggling to adapt on his first year in English football - which is natural and expected. Ba is just not good enough, he's never been and never will be a Chelsea player, we're better than that. Don't take me wrong on the boys, especially Oscar and Hazard who've been our best players this season (Hazard even more - much more - than Oscar). But they're a 22yo and 23yo boys that oscillate and will continue to for a while. They aren't as decisive now as they will be in a couple of years. They aren't their final products yet. They've been saving our arses the whole season, in two years from now they'll be handling us silverware - that's the difference. I think Hazard might already make the whole difference for us coming next season, but I'm positive Oscar will need at least another couple to really be the #10 everyone wants him to be.

So the rest of the season for the tactics to mature, next season for the players to mature and for the clinical signings to come. Then we're inexcusable, clearly the top dogs and favorites in EPL and probably high contenders in Europe. Mourinho plays a lot with other's minds, but in this case, he's been just honest imo, or at least he's been saying something I agree with.

This!!!

I wanted to explain to guys who think Jose is defending himself because he wasnt wrong in what he said. He has already put massive pressure on himself next season by saying we are favorites for all trophies. He even put himself under pressure this season by saying we should never play in the europa league. Imagine the backlash if we didnt qualify from our group like under benitez.

Jose doesnt dodge responsibility like pelegrini is trying to claim, he thrives under pressure. And he is right in pointing out that all the areas of our team except our defense are no where near their peak. Now compare that to mancity where all their players are playing their best football and are at the peak of their career or Arsenal where they are at the right age and have played together with the same manager for so many years like how barcelona got perfect team understanding.

All this talk of us spending, they aren't some poor wee team they've spend hundreds of millions to even compete they were nobody's before they had money and bought all those players. We still had solid history. What a tit Pellegrini is, how I would love us to play as well and beat them in the Cup as well :)

All this talk of us spending, they aren't some poor wee team they've spend hundreds of millions to even compete they were nobody's before they had money and bought all those players. We still had solid history. What a tit Pellegrini is, how I would love us to play as well and beat them in the Cup as well :)

We will! FUCK CITY!!!

Finding it absolutely hilarious that City dropped points at Norwich after losing to us on Monday (and their supposedly aura of invincibility) and Pellegrini responded to Mourinho's mind games yesterday. :lol: It clearly have ruffled them up.