test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

1,911 posts in this topic

I think with De Boer gone Palace will revert back to their more pragmatic long ball style which won't help Ruben develop as much as if he stayed. Remains to be seen but I think De Boer is a better coach for young players than Roy Hodgson. 

44 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think with De Boer gone Palace will revert back to their more pragmatic long ball style which won't help Ruben develop as much as if he stayed. Remains to be seen but I think De Boer is a better coach for young players than Roy Hodgson. 

I think both the loan of Ruben and Tammy were good ideas but the situation has changed at both clubs.

De Boers way of playing was good for Ruben, but he has left.

Sigurdsson would have had a field day with Tammy up front, but he has left.

Woy isn't a bad manager imo. Remember when he took Fulham to the Europa League final in 2010. Think he'll like RLC too. Likes playing a 433 so could possibly see him in a true attacking CM role which I think is his best position. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Woy isn't a bad manager imo. Remember when he took Fulham to the Europa League final in 2010. Think he'll like RLC too. Likes playing a 433 so could possibly see him in a true attacking CM role which I think is his best position. 

He's good at consolidation and getting relegation level teams punching above there weight, he stopped West Broms yoyo reputation and was probably the reason Fulham lasted as long as they did, but has he got a track record with developing young players? 

The Skipper likes this

Once again, been Palace best player by far. Southampton have controlled most of the game however he is the only one who is actually posing a threat and causing problems to Southampton. Man, his team mates need to improve big time and Zaha needs to return ASAP.

the wes likes this

53 minutes ago, Stats said:

Once again, been Palace best player by far. Southampton have controlled most of the game however he is the only one who is actually posing a threat and causing problems to Southampton. Man, his team mates need to improve big time and Zaha needs to return ASAP.

No need for Barkley with RLC put in good performance 

Yeboii and Stats like this

Super first half, but again petered out in the second. Really still needs to work on his stamina and general influence on the game. If he can produce that first half over 90 minutes he'll have a good career. 

On 13/09/2017 at 2:52 PM, Tomo said:

He's good at consolidation and getting relegation level teams punching above there weight, he stopped West Broms yoyo reputation and was probably the reason Fulham lasted as long as they did, but has he got a track record with developing young players? 

As long as Ruben plays lots - which I think he needs more than a manager that's trying to mould him - he'll be fine for this season at Palace. He just needs game time most importantly. 

Tomo likes this