Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Goes into his shell far too often. Obviously he's still a very young player but if he wants to be a regular starter he's gotta make an impact over an entire match and not just bursts here and there.

His stamina and energy levels also seem super low. Makes him look really lazy out there.

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

For me nobody was on his level today, I thought he was really good. Shining light in amongst players who are paid upwards of 150k plus.

Yeah, this. I was speaking solely about our players, as I believe he was the only actual ray of light.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Goes into his shell far too often. Obviously he's still a very young player but if he wants to be a regular starter he's gotta make an impact over an entire match and not just bursts here and there.

His stamina and energy levels also seem super low. Makes him look really lazy out there.

I do agree, but would also add that it seems like he gets the could shoulder a tad too often. I saw at least 3 occasions in which Diego and Pedro didn't pass the ball to him in an open space and instead opted for a backpass to Fabregas or dribble, which mostly failed. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I can't disagree with this but we have players on a reported 250-300k a week who contribute less than him.

Did well for a young player, but it doesn't look it's the right position for him.

at this time it would be quite difficult to fit him in a system. He's just too lax for the cm role... Well I guess same as mikel... 

Anyways, and he does not have enough in the final third. His shooting is all over the place - far from this level.

13 hours ago, Robguima said:

Did well for a young player, but it doesn't look it's the right position for him.

at this time it would be quite difficult to fit him in a system. He's just too lax for the cm role... Well I guess same as mikel... 

Anyways, and he does not have enough in the final third. His shooting is all over the place - far from this level.

He's stationed at CAM more than CM from what I saw. We need to ensure that we play the right system for him to blossom properly. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

He's stationed at CAM more than CM from what I saw. We need to ensure that we play the right system for him to blossom properly. 

IMO, should be put in the CM with a proper workhorse behind him.  He has defensive capability and would still run forward when necessary.

Most fans big RLC up because he's a home-grown product but I am unimpressed with what I have seen of him so far.  He does not have a single attribute that stands out to me which is why nobody in this forum can decide where his best position is in a definite manner. 

Contrast hoim with the likes of Musonda and Christenssen have done so much more and have far greater ability and work-rate.

13 minutes ago, bellion said:

Most fans big RLC up because he's a home-grown product but I am unimpressed with what I have seen of him so far.  He does not have a single attribute that stands out to me which is why nobody in this forum can decide where his best position is in a definite manner. 

Contrast hoim with the likes of Musonda and Christenssen have done so much more and have far greater ability and work-rate.

He is a B2B, at least that's how i see him. Fast, Strong, can tackle, can pass, has driving runs forward. His problem is his stamina and his involvement when the team has the ball. That's why he looks lazy as fuck.

So many mixed opinions on him. I thought he was very good yesterday. Had a couple moments of lapses in concentration but can you imagine if the rest of our team mates could raise their game. You would see a better player. Iwobi for instance who has burst on to the scene at Arsenal has been helped that whenever he is good the rest of the team he is playing with is also playing good which makes him stand out more. At times yesterday, he looked like the only one trying to make something happen. I definitely would say he is one who is exempt from blame yesterday. Just hope he goes from strength to strength next season. Too much talent, which should not be wasted.

Whilst now he maybe not the complete footballer, don't be frightened to chuck him in next season and surround him with quality signings and let him flourish.

Let's take a chance, in fact I think it's not even a chance, it's allowing a really good kid to develop.

We will see. Certainly one of better if not best performers out there, but the team is so poor, you cant even compare.

He is very allround and could develop nicely, but he is not enough mobile, dynamic and quick to be CM, while his ending product doesnt make him creative/productive CAM either. Has to work on stamina etc. Put him in the right place; in 4:3:3 and his weaknesses will be replaced with his strenghts.

But Im certain he should be regular player next season. Not starter, but regular performer. Conte just might work wonders with difficult training and develop RLC in proper leader in few years.

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

My post was not clear - I saw he was the CAM and thought as a CAM he is awful. It's not like he lacks something to be a CAM, he lacks every single attribute for the position.

So, considering he may be more suited for a CM role, I am analyzing him as such.

Actually cant believe what I am reading. 

Atleast most of the 42,000 SB going fans thought he was very good on the day and definitely has the potential of being a part in our next season. Compared to rest of the team, RLC was on a different level.

14 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

He is a B2B, at least that's how i see him. Fast, Strong, can tackle, can pass, has driving runs forward. His problem is his stamina and his involvement when the team has the ball. That's why he looks lazy as fuck.

He cannot be B2B if his stamina is low. It would be stupid to give him a role he cannot fulfill to full potential. I think the role he is playing at the moment suits him, though he is not a no.10, so I don't think the formation we employ is the best for him. 

5 hours ago, manpe said:

He cannot be B2B if his stamina is low. It would be stupid to give him a role he cannot fulfill to full potential. I think the role he is playing at the moment suits him, though he is not a no.10, so I don't think the formation we employ is the best for him. 

Simple solution - a 3 man midfield. Get cesc out. Get Kante and Radja. And trust in RLC. He might not have cesc's 1 in 100 excellent long ball ratio, but he can make short successful passes, can drive forward as well as see a good pass. He has performed at a solid 7/10 for me in the oppurtunities he has got. He was a level (if not levels) over any of his teammates against a CL semi-finalist. The signs are all there. He has it in him to be a world beater. What he needs is trust from his managers and the fans. If we give him half the oppurtunities that we have given to the likes of OSCAR, he will go on to be a Chelsea Legend. 

9 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

Simple solution - a 3 man midfield. Get cesc out. Get Kante and Radja. And trust in RLC. He might not have cesc's 1 in 100 excellent long ball ratio, but he can make short successful passes, can drive forward as well as see a good pass. He has performed at a solid 7/10 for me in the oppurtunities he has got. He was a level (if not levels) over any of his teammates against a CL semi-finalist. The signs are all there. He has it in him to be a world beater. What he needs is trust from his managers and the fans. If we give him half the oppurtunities that we have given to the likes of OSCAR, he will go on to be a Chelsea Legend. 

Conte seems to favour 4-4-2 by what I have read. Let's imagine this is true, does he fit in a 2-man midfield? Who would you partner him with? Definitely not Fabregas, Radja or Vidal is a good shout though. If we start playing 2 in the middle, then I don't see a place for him unfortunately. He looks like a typical 4-3-3 player to me. What formation did Chelsea U21 play and what was his role?

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Conte seems to favour 4-4-2 by what I have read. Let's imagine this is true, does he fit in a 2-man midfield? Who would you partner him with? Definitely not Fabregas, Radja or Vidal is a good shout though. If we start playing 2 in the middle, then I don't see a place for him unfortunately. He looks like a typical 4-3-3 player to me. What formation did Chelsea U21 play and what was his role?

A 3-5-2 formation sounds like a fair bet to me. Conte excelled with this formation with Juventus.

What's so good about this, is that not only can RLC play in the middle of this setup, but if ever things have to be changed around, he can be moved to a much deeper role. Mikel may be good in that position already, but he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to consistency. Mikel can alter between good and bad games. We need someone whom we know can be developed into someone like Paul Pogba..