Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

When you probably don't even want to be a footballer, but you're forced into it before you're 10 years old (an age when passions should still be developing and found out naturally, not pushed on you) and are likely a millionaire by the time you're 20, you're far more focused on all the poon you're going to slay each weekend, all the places you're going to go and see etc. than you are focused on a game you don't care about. Which let's be clear about, he doesn't. If you care about anything, it is evident to onlookers. If you want to be a good football player, we can see it, even if you're shit. But he shows 0 signs of wanting to be here or on any football pitch. He can't believe he's getting game time and money for doing absolutely nothing.

But that's the parent's fault as well as his own fault. I'm sure there are far more of these young players that don't care about football in the least. It's a generational, & being spoiled thing.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Had a chance to shine, didn't, and I don't think he ever will to be honest.

Early days, trying to find his right position in this team ,like to find his running stats as he always looks like he ain't doing enough without the ball?

When you probably don't even want to be a footballer, but you're forced into it before you're 10 years old (an age when passions should still be developing and found out naturally, not pushed on you) and are likely a millionaire by the time you're 20, you're far more focused on all the poon you're going to slay each weekend, all the places you're going to go and see etc. than you are focused on a game you don't care about. Which let's be clear about, he doesn't. If you care about anything, it is evident to onlookers. If you want to be a good football player, we can see it, even if you're shit. But he shows 0 signs of wanting to be here or on any football pitch. He can't believe he's getting game time and money for doing absolutely nothing.

But that's the parent's fault as well as his own fault. I'm sure there are far more of these young players that don't care about football in the least. It's a generational, & being spoiled thing.

Think You go a little to far with this. You dont know his parents nor You dont know how his childhood looked like. But he has no desire to shine - I can agree with You on that, mate [emoji6]

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

9 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I don't understand how you can give an academy graduate with only a few first team appearances 60k a week!

There are first team quality players in other premier league sides who barely earn 60k a week...

I bet his lack of hunger, attitude has something to do with his 'high wages'

Suddenly Solanke comes to mind. His father holding on for 50k a week is too much. Unbelievable talent, definitely one of the three best centre forward top prospects in England alongside Rashford and Tammy Abraham. But ready to spend this season playing for the youth Chelsea teams because he does not want to sign the extension. Such a shame. After a season in which he played regulary in a very good league, now he goes back to youth level.

Solanke has everything to become a great centre forward - the looks, the physique, the CF instincts, great goalscoring ratio for a youth player. Everything. 

Everytime I had watched him I got that feeling that he is tailor made to be a CF. With other players you get the feeling that they could play CF, on the wing, maybe as attacking midfielders as well. But Solanke looks like the type of pure CF. 

But at this point I think Tammy Abraham is way ahead of Solanke in terms of development. And definitely ranked higher than Solanke within the Chelsea hierarchy.

38 minutes ago, Cripen said:

Think You go a little to far with this. You dont know his parents nor You dont know how his childhood looked like. But he has no desire to shine - I can agree with You on that, mate emoji6.png

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I know his childhood and 90%+ of footballer's childhoods involved loads of encouragement or natural desire to be a footballer, otherwise, how else would they become one? And if it was from sheer natural desire that they've made it through the youth ranks all the way to the senior level, they'd show blood/sweat/tears etc. But RLC shows none of that, so how did he become a footballer? Why? I doubt it was an accident. I don't doubt it was outside pressure. 

I really can't see us using the lad. Hes not good enough to make the team no matter what position he plays.

Our problem is hes been pushed thru as the academys blue eyed boy and has been hyped to fuck. So I cant see him being loaned out or not thrown a game now n then as we would look like we lost. Plus the wage rise would anyone want to pay it for him? We have many more youth better than him yet the pressure is on us about him.

I think he could be one of those late bloomers starting at age 25 and on...

He is probably best for #8 in 433 and those players need experience. 

But theres the thing .RLC has physique and technique, but lacks motivation. If Conte keeps him in our ranks, gives him decent amount of chances and moulds him like Pogba, then maybe he can make it here. Like Roberto at barca.

He is obviously overhyped, but there is still a chance for him. 

But if we wont give him playtime, better sell him with clause.

• 1 month later...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-consider-ruben-loftuscheek-january-loan-exit-to-improve-development-a3398211.html%3famp

Rumoured to be loaned out in January transfer window I think it would be a good idea the kid isn't getting game time maybe a loan deal will improve his development 

• 5 weeks later...

Good, that's his level. To even entertain the possibility that right now, he's anywhere close to the best midfielders in the Championship, would be lunacy. We've essentially been playing with a physically disabled guy when he's on the pitch. 

On 22/12/2016 at 11:36 AM, Leif said:

Good, that's his level. To even entertain the possibility that right now, he's anywhere close to the best midfielders in the Championship, would be lunacy. We've essentially been playing with a physically disabled guy when he's on the pitch. 

Hes never had the skills to be in the 1st team squad. Its purely because some big gob along with the board have hyped him as the answer to all our problems to use the academy like a feeder club. We pay him far too big a salary so he starts believing the hype. Now instead of being on loan and learning his trade, being kicked about by men not boys, hes collected dust and is totally game rusty.

We have Chalobah and Aina both trying,waiting for time and all RLC is doing is keeping another, more useful academy lad from progressing some.

You ca see now the healines when we do sell him saying our use of the academy blah blah and RLC is amazing blah blah. |So lets hope we make some money out of him and put it to some good use.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hes never had the skills to be in the 1st team squad. Its purely because some big gob along with the board have hyped him as the answer to all our problems to use the academy like a feeder club. We pay him far too big a salary so he starts believing the hype. Now instead of being on loan and learning his trade, being kicked about by men not boys, hes collected dust and is totally game rusty.

We have Chalobah and Aina both trying,waiting for time and all RLC is doing is keeping another, more useful academy lad from progressing some.

You ca see now the healines when we do sell him saying our use of the academy blah blah and RLC is amazing blah blah. |So lets hope we make some money out of him and put it to some good use.

I don't think its true that players only view clubs as jobs. Most do have an affection for their club and will do forever.
When they join another team it can be because of a variety or reasons, but when they join they have to perform to their best or they are breaching their contract with the club.