Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

18 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I'm not his biggest supporter, but I thought he was really good today. Made excellent probing runs, for Fabregas to pass the ball, and involved in a lot of goal scoring opportunities. Not going to complain too much about his 'selfish' shots at goal, especially when we're 2-0 up against lower league opposition at home. 

I agree, he is useful in attack, but has no clear position. so he won't be used much

• 2 weeks later...

Borussia Monchengladbach general manager Max Eberl has revealed his transfer plan for the upcoming summer, hoping to sign Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan in connection with Andreas Christensen’s imminent return to Stamford Bridge, according to German media outlet SportBild (via SportWitness).

Germany is the best place to send our players simply. You have to work just as hard to get points over there as you do here. No 1 player carries a team, they all pitch in. And then on top of that, no other league is as good for prepping you for the athletic demands our league requires. But that said, i just don't care for RLC. There's been players like him in the Bundesliga, all big with little technique & no pace, but at least they have determination. (I'm thinking Goretzka; very similar profile, yet miles ahead, despite still not even being quite good enough for Schalke.)

I think we played the whole RLC thing completely wrong. We hyped him to the hilt making him out to be the begining of our future coming from the academy, we pushed him at all the press coverage we could find and paid him far too much money for a kid thats as useful to us as Bambi on ice skates.

The follow on to this has now given our other non used 1st team academy kids seemingly the right to withold his signature on a new contract till he also gets his £60k a week.

But IF Conte insists this kids staying with us (maybe purely for HG status cause we are desperatly short) then I hope this is right. MAYBE we shall see today eh

Chelsea ace opens up on training and relationship with Blues striker

RUBEN LOFTUS-CHEEK believes his link-up play with his Chelsea team-mates is improving.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/589419/Chelsea-News-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Michy-Batshuayi-Didier-Drogba-FA-Cup-Wolves-CFC

• 1 month later...

Might as well keep around him around. Give him the Wenger treatment and wait and see if he'll ever become valuable. If he were to go out on loan, I don't feel Loftus-Cheek would make much of an impact wherever you send him. We've seen it time and time again with former youth loanees.

Same goes for Chalobah. And even Baker (who's done pretty well but Vitesse and Chelsea are so far apart it's not even funny). They'll most likely end up playing for a Championship side or enjoy a squad role on some bottom PL team. I don't know but I'd rather stay at Chelsea for a few years. Experience big club life, train with top level players and be a part of title winning teams.

Keep the English lads brought up at Chelsea in the squad for the next few years.

Well it better be in the Musonda role, i.e. not on the bench, because having one of the top 5 worst midfielders in the league* being a bench mainstay is not acceptable. Especially when there are better players already in the club.

*Which is generous, because the only other midfielder down on this level is Cattermole. All of the teams bar Sunderland in or near relegation have far superior players than RLC who instead of wasting our time via 'development', would actually offer us experience. I'd sooner accept a Jack Cork, Yacob, Kouyate or Behrami coming off the bench. Equal or less wages too. :drunk:

23 hours ago, the wes said:

Sorry but Im still not feeling him.

I do think hes looking a little less like Bambi on ice skates but dont see any reason why he shouldn't be out on loan learning how to do it week in week out.

Tho as we are in dire need of HG players he will probably end up keeping the bench warm again unless he wants out come summer.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Sorry but Im still not feeling him.

I do think hes looking a little less like Bambi on ice skates but dont see any reason why he sjouldn't be out on loan learning how to do it week inb week out.

Tho as we are in dire need of HG players he will probably end up keeping the bench warm again unless he wants out come summer.

Maybe we will loan RLC out and bring Baker in for HG player in the summer 

It was just spot on decision from Conte to bring him against Stoke in the final minutes. The potters requered physical game and bringing him up was a nice idea. The boy has physical strength, tries to keep the ball well and is also fast, still have to improve ofc. That's why a loan in PL would be ideal for him, just the club need to be sure that he will get enough playing time as he has to improve and play a lot. He is young, has skills and it depends on him how far he can go, if we give him the opportunity.

On 3/21/2017 at 8:42 PM, Chelsea? said:

He runs with the ball so well. 

Yes. Who remembers this run he done for our U19 in the Uefa Youth League three years ago. A certain Leroy Sane was playing for the Schalke U19 in this game. The way he has accelerated to the top is amazing. But this run brings back memories of what RLC is capable of.

hwLBI8w.jpg