The English Football Thread

Steve

Yes ManU should sent Januzaj on loan as fast as possible.

As a Chelsea Fan of 10 years, I know everything about how to promote talents and make them part of your squad. You have them, they perform, than loan them out where they perform, then bring them back for preseason and then immediately loan them out again. Cos that is how football works. You got a great young player, now send him away as far as you can. That is the only way you can incorporate him in your team. Tons of succesful examples. Sturridge, Stoch, Matic.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

If Schurrle gets praised to heaven for a performance vs a non-existent RB from Steaua, then a 18yo kid who scores twice in his first start merits a tiny bit of praise as well don't you think? :ph34r:

I meant in a ManU pov! I don't know the kid, can't say a word about him and didn't watch the match.

I'm talking about ManU needing a U-18 to win a match against Sunderland!!!

Moyes will be worshiped for starting a boy that won him the match.... although it is against Sunderland.

As for the boy, he might be good because there was a lot of pressure on ManU now...

It looks like There is no place...like Sunderland ?

what I meant is Moyes is very lucky a boy won him the match... this is Sunderland, ManU should have had this match killed within 30 minutes. They were lucky (Moyes mainly) because the boy got things done for them. But they should realize there's something very wrong with Moyes' tactics and team when they need an u-18 boy to turn a scoreline around against one of the weakest sides in EPL if not the weakest.

But as this is ManU we will read in sites and papers that Moyes is a genius... smh

what I meant is Moyes is very lucky a boy won him the match... this is Sunderland, ManU should have had this match killed within 30 minutes. They were lucky (Moyes mainly) because the boy got things done for them. But they should realize there's something very wrong with Moyes' tactics and team when they need an u-18 boy to turn a scoreline around against one of the weakest sides in EPL if not the weakest.

But as this is ManU we will read in sites and papers that Moyes is a genius... smh

Of course, it´s nothing to brag about here. The kid scored, that´s all. Then I ask why should manures loan him out if he wins the games ? Not every team is so clueless as to loan good players out.

Of course, it´s nothing to brag about here. The kid scored, that´s all. Then I ask why should manures loan him out if he wins the games ? Not every team is so clueless as to loan good players out.

I don't even know the kid, :lol: how could I say he should be loaned or not?

Again, I'm not talking about the kid - although kudos for him - I'm talking about how fragile Moyes' MU is when they can't win against Sunderland without a boy scoring them two goals.

They are being sarcastic, where is your sense of humor?

I don't even know the kid, :lol: how could I say he should be loaned or not?

Again, I'm not talking about the kid - although kudos for him - I'm talking about how fragile Moyes' MU is when they can't win against Sunderland without a boy scoring them two goals.

That´s exactly what I was saying. Had Sunderland scored second & they were unlucky, De Gea made fantastic save then, it could have been a different story tonight.

As for loaning him out, well there are plenty of posters here who think that´s the way to go, but I do not. I believe, if the player is good enough, he should play regardless of his age. I have seen many your kids over the years who made it big.

That´s exactly what I was saying. Had Sunderland scored second & they were unlucky, De Gea made fantastic save then, it could have been a different story tonight.

As for loaning him out, well there are plenty of posters here who think that´s the way to go, but I do not. I believe, if the player is good enough, he should play regardless of his age. I have seen many your kids over the years who made it big.

they're being sarcastic bush... :lol:

Talking specifically about the kid, he probably has tons of potential and has some character to go there in his first professional match and score the two goals that win them the match. BUT I'm not easily impressed and if this was Chelsea I would say, well it's the right thing to play him against the likes of Sunderland (although with ManU's midfield who knows if the kid isn't their best option for just every match), but it's not right to put the weight on his shoulders.

Will he be the answer for them they play Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton or maybe even Southampton next week?

That's not how you develop young talents, that's how you risk damaging them. Moyes was right in having him today, the problem with Moyes is that with a team as ManU there's a huge problem when he needs the u-18 boy to win him the match against one of the weakest sides in the league.

they're being sarcastic bush... :lol:

Talking specifically about the kid, he probably has tons of potential and has some character to go there in his first professional match and score the two goals that win them the match. BUT I'm not easily impressed and if this was Chelsea I would say, well it's the right thing to play him against the likes of Sunderland (although with ManU's midfield who knows if the kid isn't their best option for just every match), but it's not right to put the weight on his shoulders.

Will he be the answer for them they play Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton or maybe even Southampton next week?

That's not how you develop young talents, that's how you risk damaging them. Moyes was right in having him today, the problem with Moyes is that with a team as ManU there's a huge problem when he needs the u-18 boy to win him the match against one of the weakest sides in the league.

are you sure sarcasm is the name barba ?

As I said, sometimes even a kid should be thorned by the roses, I read. If manure´s midfield is shitty as you posted, then what´s there to lose with him ? As you might have noticed here, I am not keen on good players going out on loan, Lukaku is the biggest example. Today, he played well & scored too. & do not tell me, it was a great decision to send him out again.

are you sure sarcasm is the name barba ?

As I said, sometimes even a kid should be thorned by the roses, I read. If manure´s midfield is shitty as you posted, then what´s there to lose with him ? As you might have noticed here, I am not keen on good players going out on loan, Lukaku is the biggest example. Today, he played well & scored too. & do not tell me, it was a great decision to send him out again.

there are two sides of the coin, bushman

For Chelsea the best deal was Ba off in a loan and Lukaku here. Romelu said yesterday (or today, don't know only read the quotes on SSN) that he was the one who wanted to go, that he wanted to have asked that to Mourinho 10 days prior to the window closing and that Mourinho shouldn't be blamed for him leaving. Don't know if he's telling the truth, but why would he lie and supposedly defend the guy that sent him away? So I tend to believe his words on this...

between him and Ba, I'll have Romelu everyday of the week, twice a day, but the boy said he wants to be the #1 for Belgium, that the one year he spent on Chelsea's bench is what cost him the position in the NT (I disagree with him btw), so he's aiming the WC here and he knows he would have much more competition on Chelsea than on Everton, so while he had to prove things here, there he's the best option right away. Taking that pressure from his shoulders helps, as well as playing against defenses that aren't as posted as they are against Chelsea. So what can I say when it was the player that chose what he thinks it's the best for him?

Maybe he's capable of playing against tight defenses like didierforever suggested, but everyone can agree that it's easier for a striker to play against less defensive opposition. Regardless of the competition, things for him on Chelsea would be more difficult than they are at Everton and he chose what's more important for him right now: Belgium NT

United is in a world of trouble right now despite winning. Vidic was atrocious and they were very lucky they didn't concede a 2nd and nor 3rd goal. Their midfield is still a massive issue and the center backs Rio and Vidic have gotten old fast.

Januzaj was their best player on the pitch by wide margin.

As for Januzaj he's a very special talent. People have said he looks a lot like a young Cruyff which is a lot to put on a kid, but he's just very composed on the ball and loves to attack, but also has the sense to know when to pull back.

there are two sides of the coin, bushman

For Chelsea the best deal was Ba off in a loan and Lukaku here. Romelu said yesterday (or today, don't know only read the quotes on SSN) that he was the one who wanted to go, that he wanted to have asked that to Mourinho 10 days prior to the window closing and that Mourinho shouldn't be blamed for him leaving. Don't know if he's telling the truth, but why would he lie and supposedly defend the guy that sent him away? So I tend to believe his words on this...

between him and Ba, I'll have Romelu everyday of the week, twice a day, but the boy said he wants to be the #1 for Belgium, that the one year he spent on Chelsea's bench is what cost him the position in the NT (I disagree with him btw), so he's aiming the WC here and he knows he would have much more competition on Chelsea than on Everton, so while he had to prove things here, there he's the best option right away. Taking that pressure from his shoulders helps, as well as playing against defenses that aren't as posted as they are against Chelsea. So what can I say when it was the player that chose what he thinks it's the best for him?

Maybe he's capable of playing against tight defenses like didierforever suggested, but everyone can agree that it's easier for a striker to play against less defensive opposition. Regardless of the competition, things for him on Chelsea would be more difficult than they are at Everton and he chose what's more important for him right now: Belgium NT

Well, let me ask a simple question. Did you expect Lukaku to say, those a-holes of Chelsea did not give me a chance to play ?

No, of course he did not say it. Therefore, the press wrote as we all read. Personally, I feel he had no choice, then.

Just one more from me, so we do not go around all night here.

Let´s assume, Eto´o, Torres & Ba are useless & it could happen easily. What then ?

Show me one team without a decent striker ?

Look at Monaco. The team bought Falcao & several more players. This team came from 2nd devision & not leads French league. Chelsea brought players, bought 3, I believe & where are they ? We can not go by 4 zip hammering of some Romanian potato diggers though.

Throw him in the first team then. :ph34r: Charlie Wakefield, that's a very English name.

Good point...I bet United feel really stupid not loaning this kid out. How do they expect him to grow like players like Scholes, Giggs and Neville if they don't loan him out?

or Paul Pogba? United gave him many chances in the first team and really stuck by the lad even tho his attitude wasn't the best and he wasn't very good, as he is proving now at Juventus. :)