The English Football Thread

Steve

It was rubbish! We won 3-1 but looking at their so called analysis, you would have thought we lost the game! They focused on Norwich's penalty incident and conveniently ignored the ones on Ba. Talked about Norwich's performance, nothing on ours and then go on to ramble about our ST issues and Lukaku. There was nothing said on Willian's goal as well and then they go on wanking about Januzaj's goal against Sunderland. Joke!

The hatred for chelsea in england is unbelievable, that's why I get pissed of when our own fans fall for the criticism of us on mourinho especially.

They hate chelsea, so nothing good about chelsea from their lips

They're not in a crisis because everyone knows that Spurs will be lucky to finish in the top 4 this season.

They spent 100million. They are not supposed to escape pressure. If we spent that, we'll be skinned for not being on top of the table every week

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

It was rubbish! We won 3-1 but looking at their so called analysis, you would have thought we lost the game! They focused on Norwich's penalty incident and conveniently ignored the ones on Ba. Talked about Norwich's performance, nothing on ours and then go on to ramble about our ST issues and Lukaku. There was nothing said on Willian's goal as well and then they go on wanking about Januzaj's goal against Sunderland. Joke!

To be fair, Norwich did well against us. They showed determination and a solid work ethic in the second half...kinda feel bad for them!

(Always had a soft spot for Norwich and WBA for some reason)

against everton, their analysis would have made u think that we had drubbed everton 4-0 (which should have been a case). i think the motd analysis is very fair in general. norwich deserved a point yesterday and deserved a some focus.

To be fair, Norwich did well against us. They showed determination and a solid work ethic in the second half...kinda feel bad for them!

We may admire & feel sad for you. However, Chelsea´s bench clearly showed Norwich who´s the boss on the pitch.

After Norwich tied the game, I was worried, I must admit. Nonetheless, Jose had made bombastic substitutions & Norwich were gone with the wind, then.

against everton, their analysis would have made u think that we had drubbed everton 4-0 (which should have been a case). i think the motd analysis is very fair in general. norwich deserved a point yesterday and deserved a some focus.

If they want to talk about Norwich, it's fine but for goodness sake, we won the game and there was nothing, no analysis about us at all! Not even the goals, the performance, the changes made by Mourinho and like I said, conveniently ignored the Ba's penalty incidents and make it as if Norwich was the all unlucky one with them not getting a penalty. That was the problem. They go all wanking about the opposition, speaking negative issues about us (always!) and then Hansen goes on to yap about his past Liverpool glories. :doh:

If they want to talk about Norwich, it's fine but for goodness sake, we won the game and there was nothing, no analysis about us at all! Not even the goals, the performance, the changes made by Mourinho and like I said, conveniently ignored the Ba's penalty incidents and make it as if Norwich was the all unlucky one with them not getting a penalty. That was the problem. They go all wanking about the opposition, speaking negative issues about us (always!) and then Hansen goes on to yap about his past Liverpool glories. :doh:

hansen is a wanker. i have not seen motd2 yet so maybe u r right. but in general i find it is fair. specially with shearer.

Apparently both had attitude problems which is mainly the reason Fergie let both go.

So he supposedly gave up on two young players (one of which probably the best i have seen face Chelsea reserve/youth teams in recent years) because there personalities are a bit rough around the edges :rolleyes:

That's why it annoy's me when i keep hearing how we should follow United's example for developing youth.

sometimes the desperation to play is poorly considered as an "attitude problem". i dint know much about morrison so cant say anything but totally understand pogba's stand. right now he is playing alongside vidal and pirlo in a juve mid-field and is playing some fantastic football. but after watching a 38 year old, back from the retirement, player play again and again over him, he would have been pissed. or for that matter even cleverly got the nod ahead of him.

sometimes the desperation to play is poorly considered as an "attitude problem". i dint know much about morrison so cant say anything but totally understand pogba's stand. right now he is playing alongside vidal and pirlo in a juve mid-field and is playing some fantastic football. but after watching a 38 year old, back from the retirement, player play again and again over him, he would have been pissed. or for that matter even cleverly got the nod ahead of him.

I know, i just find it funny that a lot of us use United as an example of how youth should be developed when they let someone that good go.

Great day but WBA shoulda definitely had a pen in the 94th minute, fucking scum referee. How in any language could that not be a foul?

I watched the yid game and they were shit. What an incredible scoreline though.

Yea what a day! I agree about the penalty, Koscielny was no where close to ball! He completely missed it and as a result pretty much barged into (Long IIRC?).

I saw the last 10 mins of the gooners and listened some moments of the 2nd half on TalkSport commentary

The hatred for chelsea in england is unbelievable, that's why I get pissed of when our own fans fall for the criticism of us on mourinho especially.

They hate chelsea, so nothing good about chelsea from their lips

They spent 100million. They are not supposed to escape pressure. If we spent that, we'll be skinned for not being on top of the table every week

Exactly! By criticisng Mourinho we were just showing them our weakness. Anyway did anyone expect the media to praise us? If that win was by United or Arsenal, they'd be saying:

"It's the never say die attitude they have. They never give because they have a hunger for points. Stuff of Champions!"

Going to see MOTD as soon as I finish my work!

Lamela - £30m

Soldado - £26m

Paulinho - £17m

Eriksen - £12m

Capoue - £10m

Chiriches - £8m

Chadli - £7m

Spurs 0-3 West Ham - Priceless :D

Funny thing is, despite buying all those attacking talents, Spurs have only scored 6 goals in 7 league games this season and have scored more than 1 goal in 1 game only - 2-0 win over Norwich.

Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison would have been good players for United, yet Fergie the supposed youth genius let them go on a whim.

Neither player was let go on a whim. Morrison in particular was given many chances by Fergie but the feeling was that he needed to get away from Manchester for personal reasons. He was a really troubled kid and Fergie really didn't want to lose him but it was the only option open to him by the end of it.

Pogba...well that was a cock-up but he had people telling him he should be playing now and he got impatient. Fortunately he's backed up his ambition with talent.

Neither player was let go on a whim. Morrison in particular was given many chances by Fergie but the feeling was that he needed to get away from Manchester for personal reasons. He was a really troubled kid and Fergie really didn't want to lose him but it was the only option open to him by the end of it.

Pogba...well that was a cock-up but he had people telling him he should be playing now and he got impatient. Fortunately he's backed up his ambition with talent.

Couldn't they have sent him on a 2 year loan? and if he needed to get away for personal reason's, i can think of better places to send him than the East End of London and then on loan in Birmingham.

Regarding Pogba, he should have played a lot more without a doubt, only 4 sub appearances outside the Carling Cup was criminal for arguably the best teenager in Europe, you can't say you wouldn't have been spitting feathers if we had him and gave him the same amount of games then let him go for free?

To put it in perspective, we gave average players like Scott Sinclair and Fabio Borini more appearances than United gave Pogba. I could say Huth aswell considering who our CB's were back then, but that was a long time ago.