The English Football Thread

Steve

Well as i previously said, With carlo and the arrival of bale, two big problems arose for him.

Carlo wants to bring more balance at madrid, he wants a team that can defend better together, thus the elimination of the 4-2-3-1 and his attempts at trying to change the identity of madrid from the previous 3 years.

With Isco here ( a more complete player), and bale's arrival, ozil is a bit irrelevant, because ozil was infact not even playing in the same position anymore.

He was playing in the right in a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-3-2-1 and with the arrival of bale, the limitations of ozil's game, and the implementation of a new system, its justifiable to see him leave imo.

The biggest question mark for madrid is what will happen if isco gets injured. Right now i think u could move modric to isco's place and put illarramendi in modric's place, and one of casemiro or khedira in the other midfield place. Thats the only question mark due to ozil's departure imo.

I would have expected to see benzema leave, and ozil perhaps try harder to learn to defend, but in the end this is what happened, mutual understanding between club, coach, and player that parting ways was the way to go.

Ozil sent a nice message to madrid fans for his goodbye. My respect to this german maestro who i will never ever forget. Or stop watching for that matter. :D

I see, maybe that is one of the reason he move CR to the middle (I personally think CR7 is more a liability than ozil defensively)

This season, I am interested to see how CR7 perform in the middle. I am not really sure he likes it but will see.

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I edited my most recent reply

I edited my most recent reply, it has my reply to what you edited.

Madrid is the hardest job in the world. Florentino Perez is an economical master mind but when it comes to football he is a moron.

If i ever meet Perez face to face, this is what i could do to him.

tumblr_lxi2f67QYt1qd0s1wo1_500.gif

Perez always makes a mistake, usually because they dont have correct footballistic foundations.

This is why madrid has failed time and time again under him.

His latest giant mistake is mourinho, he brought the wrong man for the club, the bets were too high, you dont bring an actor like mourinho to the biggest soap opera in the world without expectations of fallout if everything goes wrong, and it did.

But the truth is that perez put his faith in mourinho and gave him the power NO MANAGER HAS EVER HAD IN MADRID, and mourinho failed.

About barcelona, most of the league match losses and cl losses throughout the 3 years, had the faulty foundations mou built in the team, written all over it.

I dont think barcelona is really a gigantic problem, they have also been a bit overrated, a calmer coach with better ideas would have been more successful than mourinho i think. You are correct that some jobs need different managers, this wasnt the right job for mou or the right acquisition from madrid.

This is why carlo has been brought in, and he is starting off very good. A calmer person with different ideas.

Carlo is probably the best manager when it comes to playing football he really is, amazing manager. However he wasn't good for us in the longterm, I loved Carlo but getting rid of him was the right choice even though it was very harsh, but I love the man and wish him all the best he will always be known as King Carlo here.

I think most Madrid fans are angry with the bad season you had last season, and losing to the cup to atletico to top it off. I think Mourinho will do well here, it's a different ball game yes, now there are much bigger teams, 5 teams are potential league winning candidates it just depends on who will flourish this season the most. But I think Mourinho will get it right here, even if he doesn't win the title we will be patient with him I'm sure of it, our team is still in transition, and we have many young players.

As for Madrid I wish them the best of luck, mainly down to Carlo as he's a good chap, but I'm gonna put my money on Barca winning the title this season, although I could be wrong.

Arsenal- Özil, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott.

Chelsea- Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Willian.

Man City- Silva, Nasri, Jovetic, Navas.

Man Utd- carrick, Fellaini, Kagawa, Valencia

Tottenham- Eriksen, Lamela, Dembele, Lennon.

Liverpool- Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Moses

Arsenal's midfield's looks good now

Carlo is probably the best manager when it comes to playing football he really is, amazing manager. However he wasn't good for us in the longterm, I loved Carlo but getting rid of him was the right choice even though it was very harsh, but I love the man and wish him all the best he will always be known as King Carlo here.

I think most Madrid fans are angry with the bad season you had last season, and losing to the cup to atletico to top it off. I think Mourinho will do well here, it's a different ball game yes, now there are much bigger teams, 5 teams are potential league winning candidates it just depends on who will flourish this season the most. But I think Mourinho will get it right here, even if he doesn't win the title we will be patient with him I'm sure of it, our team is still in transition, and we have many young players.

As for Madrid I wish them the best of luck, mainly down to Carlo as he's a good chap, but I'm gonna put my money on Barca winning the title this season, although I could be wrong.

Most Madrid fans are angry but just putting it out there that i stand by my opinion of him regardless of emotion.

Mou has everything better suited for him @ england. Club, Fans, Press, and even team. He should do well but only time will tell.

Have to see more of United, Tottenham, City, we cant really pin point who's where atm i suppose.

Barca winning the title? Im not sure. Their defensive line is meh, their prodigious players aka iniesta, xavi, are getting older.

Busquets could get injured more. ( dont know how long hes out due to his current injury.)

Also still have to decide on whether Tata Martino is relevant as a manager, tactician, coach,etc.

Carlo doesnt have a great league record, but these are different circumstances.

I dont know atm but im not going to rule madrid or barca out, atm im gonna say its up in the air, im gonna go with madrid winning the la liga.

We seem to have more "momentum" to put it in short terms.

I wish the best to chelsea and i will try to watch more of it, and arsenal now due to ozil.

Most Madrid fans are angry but just putting it out there that i stand by my opinion of him regardless of emotion.

Mou has everything better suited for him @ england. Club, Fans, Press, and even team. He should do well but only time will tell.

Have to see more of United, Tottenham, City, we cant really pin point who's where atm i suppose.

Barca winning the title? Im not sure. Their defensive line is meh, their prodigious players aka iniesta, xavi, are getting older.

Busquets could get injured more. ( dont know how long hes out due to his current injury.)

Also still have to decide on whether Tata Martino is relevant as a manager, tactician, coach,etc.

Carlo doesnt have a great league record, but these are different circumstances.

I dont know atm but im not going to rule madrid or barca out, atm im gonna say its up in the air, im gonna go with madrid winning the la liga.

We seem to have more "momentum" to put it in short terms.

I wish the best to chelsea and i will try to watch more of it, and arsenal now due to ozil.

The press is a huge factor.. Spanish people don't like portuguese people

To some, it might be a huge issue. To me, I would rather give it more time. If you remember, Chelsea back in the Jose´s beginning bought plenty of new players. We all know, what happened, then.

AVB is not that bad, so he won´t do nothing to remedy it.

It will all depend on How Lamela performs.

Eriksen has maybe an eye for a pass but I think he can be neutralized quite easily.

And their other players all lack flair. They can keep a ball but if they have no ideas of what to do with it, it's useless.

And their fullback are not good.

Chadli is not great defending on a side.

Arsenal- Özil, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott.

Chelsea- Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Willian.

Man City- Silva, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic.

Man Utd- Giggs, Fellaini, Cleverley, Kagawa.

Tottenham- Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Dembele.

Liverpool- Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Moses

Arsenal's midfield's looks scary now

Ought to add Carrick to United.

United's midfield looks by far the worst.

Ought to add Carrick to United.

United's midfield looks by far the worst.

It's a list that only includes AM and Wingers with some teams and all types of midfielders with others..I just put it down to typed when either drunk or at high altitude.

so you guys think arsenal will be a one man team with ozil?

Not a one-man team like Spurs were last season, because they still have the likes of Wilshere, Cazorla etc. in their ranks, but he'll be the key player and they'll struggle if he'd pick up an injury.

KOF, I didn't know him at all tbh. Except that he was an Australian who loved cricket. I read his posts and they can I believe still be read on the cricket thread. I do not much about him but I know he was banned for simply disagreeing with the English members about 'Which team has been more superior in the Ashes'. It led to him saying that Australia were the masters of the game and things like England would always be in Australia's shadow in cricket. JayC has said much worse about Chelsea and has insulted and attacked members for disagreeing with him. KOF was permanently banned, not even a suspension. Why wasn't any leniency shown to him when it is being shown to someone purely because they are a United fan?

KOF was not banned for the cricket thing according to mods/admins. something about PM.

but agree with the post.