The English Football Thread

Steve

Arsenal- Özil, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott.

Chelsea- Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Willian.

Man City- Silva, Nasri, Jovetic, Navas.

Man Utd- carrick, Fellaini, Kagawa, Valencia

Tottenham- Eriksen, Lamela, Dembele, Lennon.

Liverpool- Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Moses

Arsenal's midfield's looks good now

Forgive my ignorance on Italian football, but i thought Jovetic was a striker

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

He usually plays behind the striker during his time at florentina. But he can easily play as the main striker, his assists though are much high for just a normal striker.

Wales manager does not think that Ozil can take Ramsey's starting spot at Arsenal: http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/09/arsenal-aaron-ramsey-mesut-ozil-current-form/?utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter

LMAOOO :lol2:

Second striker. Even played on the wing a few times..

Wales manager does not think that Ozil can Ramsey's starting spot at Arsenal: http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/09/arsenal-aaron-ramsey-mesut-ozil-current-form/?utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter

1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-r

Wales manager does not think that Ozil can take Ramsey's starting spot at Arsenal: http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/09/arsenal-aaron-ramsey-mesut-ozil-current-form/?utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter

It's like saying ramires will lose his place in our team if we sign ozil :sweating:

Ramsey has been playing cm for Arsenal

It's like saying ramires will lose his place in our team if we sign ozil :sweating:

Ramsey has been playing cm for Arsenal

This is probably Arsenal's strongest lineup:

Sczeszny

Sagna - Kos - Mertesacker - Gibbs

------Wilshere - Ramsey--------

Walcott --- Ozil --- Cazorla

-------Giroud-----

The problem for Wenger is...can Wilshere & Ramsey control the midfield without a strong, physical midfielder? (like Vieira, Essien etc).

I think this season might be the most interesting in the past few years. There are too many changes and a hint of unpredictability is in the air.

New managers, new stars playing for EPL.

I'm really looking forward to the best league in the world - and it only keeps getting better ;)

And here me thinking the pub was crazy enough! :halo:

I'm so excited at the fact we get to see players like özil, Willian, Soldado, Paulinho, fernandinho, Navas etc play every week. Spain might have the two best teams in the world, but other then those two, la liga is as boring as bat shit.

I think this season might be the most interesting in the past few years. There are too many changes and a hint of unpredictability is in the air.

New managers, new stars playing for EPL.

I'm really looking forward to the best league in the world - and it only keeps getting better ;)

Mourinho.....the crème de la crème B)

@Zinedine Iniesco, Out of interest, what is the opinion of Madrid fans to Carlo carrying the Jose tradition of playing Lopez and dropping Cassilas.

Opinions differ for various reasons but i believe the majority want to see Casillas as the 1st choice keeper.

I think im going to write a bit of a long post so bare with me.

First of all the Spanish media and the fan base make a big deal out of this, they specially did so with Mourinho because most fans, AND the media considered it a political/power move from mourinho considering his history as a manager and in real madrid. But i do think that in the bottom line he was not comfortable or satisfied with Casillas' behavior and output.

Now with Carlo it has stopped being an argument about the man doing this, and more about the goal keepers, of course the media and fans are thinking about Casillas' legend and status and want to see him start but if this has happened with both mourinho and carlo, its simply because indeed Lopez is providing good enough evidence that he can bench iker.

I think that both Carlo and Mourinho have both in part benched Casillas for political reasons, but it is true that Iker has been in a bit of a decline over the past few seasons, and when looking at traits, Diego Lopez is a more complete goalkeeper than Casillas. Iker is all talent, reflexes, speed. When you get older you may start losing that.

All in all the rumor is that Casillas will be used in CL games and Copa Del Rey while Diego will be used in La Liga games, this is happening because the coaches want to instill the firm fact that madrid must not let politics over run its football, and also because Iker is no doing enough to win the role over a very in form diego lopez.

The rumor is that Iker could leave even by winter if his situation doesnt improve due to this being a WC year, but i doubt that since Del Bosque has so much faith in the hierarchy.

I think that if Diego Lopez keeps this going then Iker may vary well end up leaving, and Madrid will either stay with Diego for a few years, or sell him and Replace him with a guy like De Gea.

So the whole world isnt pointing fingers at carlo because it's a different man doing the same thing. Problem is Mou tried to bench the biggest Spanish pillars such as Ramos and Casillas when his power was dwindling due to the sporting and (other) failures while in madrid.

Carlo starts clean slate with Zidane. If they have done this its because they want to gives games to Diego Lopez AND Iker, or leave one of them with ZERO if they dont perform.

Either way this is not pointing well for iker, and if iker leaves it seems confusing to me what we would do with diego, as it would be a perhaps good move to go for De Gea.

This is no longer Mourinho vs Casillas, its now full on war between Lopez and Casillas, as it should be, fact is that Mourinho had planned doing something like this for a long time apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1qc98m-vo

As a Madrid fan my self, i love iker but i want to see a change in scenery. I want De Gea here, i also want Arbeloa, Pepe, and Khedira to gtfo, heck even Benzema if he doesnt perform. Only worry is that it looks like his replacement would be Suarez and i dont want that kunt in madrid.

I think that by next year atleast 2 of the names i mentioned will have left.

Yeah, I agree with him. Ramsey is a CM and Ozil is a CAM. Not only that but Ramsey has been top class for Arsenal this season, it would be mental to drop him for no reason.

If anything Wilshere is the true muppet of the Arsenal midfield.

I'm so excited at the fact we get to see players like özil, Willian, Soldado, Paulinho, fernandinho, Navas etc play every week. Spain might have the two best teams in the world, but other then those two, la liga is as boring as bat shit.

Ever watch Bilbao, Sociedad and Atletico Madrid? Not in the same class as Real and Barca but they are definitely better than most teams in the Prem. I'd rather watch Sociedad than Stoke to be honest! I'd also rather see an away match at San Sebastian than fucking Stoke, haha.

It's funny La Liga is both underrated and overrated for the exact same reason. People overrate it due to Real and Barca and they underrate it because of the gap Real and Barca make.

Ever watch Bilbao, Sociedad and Atletico Madrid? Not in the same class as Real and Barca but they are definitely better than most teams in the Prem. I'd rather watch Sociedad than Stoke to be honest! I'd also rather see an away match at San Sebastian than fucking Stoke, haha.

It's funny La Liga is both underrated and overrated for the exact same reason. People overrate it due to Real and Barca and they underrate it because of the gap Real and Barca make.

From the Bilbao games I've seen, there not that great to watch.

The only team in La Liga (apart from Real and Barca) capable of making the top 6 in the PL would be Atletico Madrid.

Bilbao and Sociedad are good teams but I'm not sure if they'd be able to handle the pace and physicality of the PL over a 38 game season.