• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

English players are not bad because top teams have foreigners, but top teams dont use english players exactly because they are bad!

Because we don't take the time and develop our own youth. Something this league has been lacking for years and its an utter embarrassment if you ask me in comparison to the other leagues.

Because we don't take the time and develop our own youth. Something this league has been lacking for years and its an utter embarrassment if you ask me in comparison to the other leagues.

The problem is, bigger PL clubs want a quick fix. The best way to a quick fix is purchasing foreigners rather than sticking with homegrown talent.

For example look at Scott Sinclair, he was doing relatively well at Swansea..then City bought him, never played him and stalled his development. Another example would be James Milner.

The big question is what do you do with players like Ryan Bertrand? He's 24 years old and doesn't look any closer to getting a chance in Chelsea's first team.

Bertrand could be the starting LB for most EPL sides...yet at Chelsea, he's just sitting on the bench, hoping for an opportunity to impress as Cole's backup.

I'd like to ask something random, lol.

Why are there so many matches on Monday nights nowadays? I don't remember there being this many til just a few years ago. I mean there would be a couple on Mondays, but it definitely wasn't as frequent as it is right now.

What is the reason for this? I can't figure out which 'market' this is aimed at. The matches are at 8pm UK time which means it's the middle of the night in Asia, so no one there would bother to wake up unless it involves a team they support. It would be the middle of the day in North/South America so everyone's at work. Is it for the African market or something? I get that it's a "brand" type thing with Sky's special "Monday Night Football" schedule but wouldn't they be getting more viewers (not just internationally, but in the UK as well) by just having the match on a Sunday afternoon?

Pardon the silly question lol

Why are there so many matches on Monday nights nowadays? I don't remember there being this many til just a few years ago. I mean there would be a couple on Mondays, but it definitely wasn't as frequent as it is right now.

What is the reason for this? I can't figure out which 'market' this is aimed at. The matches are at 8pm UK time which means it's the middle of the night in Asia, so no one there would bother to wake up unless it involves a team they support. It would be the middle of the day in North/South America so everyone's at work. Is it for the African market or something? I get that it's a "brand" type thing with Sky's special "Monday Night Football" schedule but wouldn't they be getting more viewers (not just internationally, but in the UK as well) by just having the match on a Sunday afternoon?

I don't think it is aimed at any market in particular, it just means that one more match gets televised. If you move the Monday night match back to the weekend it will most likely coincide with some other match. So having games on Monday night get more overall viewers in the UK and Europe.

I guess since Sky decide these fixtures so they keep the matches on Monday since Sky broadcasts in UK. They aim it at the British market I guess.