Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The English Football Thread

Steve
Followers 11

If Burnley had a few better quality players in attack this game would be different. Barnes and Wood do the basics right but missing that little bit extra and McNeil cannot provide a spark for them every attack.

Personally think the van Dijk love in after today is going to be OTT, the Burnley pair have won a fair amount of duels against him and Matip. Just lacking final bit of quality to punish them though.

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Replies 60.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Hope this is finally the season that Burnley are flushed down the toilet. They’re such a pointless club both on the pitch and off. They don’t invest at all in the squad and have been playing basically the same XI for seemingly years now with the same shit tactics. They add nothing to the PL. Hope they go down and allow an ambitious club like Leeds have been to come up and actually try to improve rather than just cling on the the PL prize money.

As for Liverpool, I’ve thought for a while now that loads of pundits writing them off was silly. If they can get and keep their defense fit they’ll be back to being a force. They’re genuine title contenders who have 3 forwards who can score 20 goals across all comps.

• Like 2

2021-22 English Premier League

Aston Villa                        362.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Newcastle United             361.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2021/premier-league-aston-villa-vs-newcastle-united-s3/

https://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league/aston-villa-vs-newcastle-stream/

065ed521f4561fafd7f0c8d2f51e779a.png72e94867d52ebba5e32f807da5bc0b35.png

Norwich are going to go straight back down. Just like last time they were in the league they can’t defend to save their lives.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Norwich are going to go straight back down. Just like last time they were in the league they can’t defend to save their lives.

Absolutely awful.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Mana said:

You're deluded if you think Arsenal isn't a big club. Especially when they spent the most this transfer window. And whether you like it or not, Spuds are the 6th biggest club in the UK. These are simple facts, can't argue with them.

Deluded? On your opinion or? If so, I’ll carry on with my delusion of what I consider to be a big club.

I do not consider Spurs a big club, and I do not consider Arsenal a big club anymore. 

Opinions opinions opinions.

There are going to be a whole lot of absolute hammerings of these small clubs this season by the big boys. Hopefully we can now do it like City and Liverpool usually do now that we have Lukaku.

40 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Deluded? On your opinion or? If so, I’ll carry on with my delusion of what I consider to be a big club.

I do not consider Spurs a big club, and I do not consider Arsenal a big club anymore. 

Opinions opinions opinions.

There is difference between big club and successful club are you saying AC Milan not big club ?. Arsenal are a big club it can't be denied so are you saying only big club are Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United., Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Everton, Leeds all big English clubs but not known worldwide 

Norwich giving a great account of themselves these first two matches….

Mistake sending Billy there after all? His side getting hammered by the majority of the PL will do him little good. 

5 minutes ago, Jap Si. said:

There is difference between big club and successful club are you saying AC Milan not big club ?. Arsenal are a big club it can't be denied so are you saying only big club are Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United., Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Everton, Leeds all big English clubs but not known worldwide 

Arsenal, in my opinion, doesn’t mean you have to agree with it, are no longer a big club to me. Why? Lack of success. You can define it by revenue, stadium size, online fan base, whatever YOU want.

It’s more concerning to see Billy just jogging around to be honest, I know it’s difficult when your team are getting spanked, but still, hasn’t given a great account of himself so far - though the team and general play has been dreadful. 

Their season won’t be defined by those games though, you’d just hope they have a decent account of a championship winning team.