Wayne Rooney

J.F.

It is thought MUFC position would soften should Rooney hand in a formal transfer request & a £25m bid by Chelsea may yet suffice (Telegraph)

Ed Woodwards return relates primarily to MUFC pursuit of Fabregas, but it is expected he will address the Rooney situation (Telegraph)

There will be an improved bid by Chelsea for Wayne Rooney, as early as today, and further offers should they be necessary MUFC (Mail)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daily Mail should be sued for making up the 10m + Luiz/Mata rumour.

There a fucking disgrace, and yes it was them that broke the story first, regardless of what SKY say.

Our track record of getting apologies etc isn't a matter of luck, it's because people like these fucking cowboys have nout else better to write than completely fabricated shite.

Hopefully this transfer moves along fairly quickly. Rooney wants to leave, we want to buy and Moyes has laid the groundwork for placating the United support by basically describing Rooney as RVP's backup. The next step is almost certainly another bid and maybe an official transfer request from Rooney which usually has positive financial implications for the selling club.

Not getting too caught up in Jose's comments about us not being interested in anyone else because he's never had a problem lying about transfer dealings in the past and his comments simply ratcheted up the pressure on United.

As for shirt numbers, ideally he'd have the 10 shirt from a marketing standpoint. Torres still sells well as our number 9, Lamps has number 8 and Rooney isn't really synonymous with any other number. Maybe he could go the Beckham route of having 23 but if you want to sell t-shirts then the number 10 shirt makes most sense (and I'm well aware of who currently has that shirt).

You know what, if this had been ANY other manager wanting Rooney I'd be against it, but it's Mourinho.. so. And unlike Schurrle 'who Jose was only partially responsible for', this would be a 100% Mourinho signing. He's more of a 'brand' now 'Englands Rose', living off his reputation like Torres was, although.. Jose may be the right personality to get the best out of him.

For me, the best possible situation is for this to drag out until late August and then us not sign him. It'll mean United can't get rid of him because they won't find a potential suitor, or they'll be forced to sell him on the cheap to Arsenal, for instance. Imagine how delicious that would be.

Look at all the trouble Mourinho has caused. He is absolutely schooling Moyes in big-club management right now, and Chelsea have made United look so unbelievably small with the way they dealt with those transfer rumours. This is Moyes' first big failing, but imagine if we pull out or United demand more money? They'll have a disruptive sulking footballer to deal with, fans who are angry because they want him gone and a board that is currently dancing to whatever beat Mourinho and the Chelsea board decide.

Whether we sign him or not, this is a massive psychological victory we've scored here, folks.

if he comes here than that second league game at Old Trafford is going to be something else

imagine if he scores the winner there

Mate I can already see it now ...I wonder if he will do a Adebayor and run to the opposing (man utd) fans and celebrate ..oh the controversy haha !

For me, the best possible situation is for this to drag out until late August and then us not sign him. It'll mean United can't get rid of him because they won't find a potential suitor, or they'll be forced to sell him on the cheap to Arsenal, for instance. Imagine how delicious that would be.

Look at all the trouble Mourinho has caused. He is absolutely schooling Moyes in big-club management right now, and Chelsea have made United look so unbelievably small with the way they dealt with those transfer rumours. This is Moyes' first big failing, but imagine if we pull out or United demand more money? They'll have a disruptive sulking footballer to deal with, fans who are angry because they want him gone and a board that is currently dancing to whatever beat Mourinho and the Chelsea board decide.

Whether we sign him or not, this is a massive psychological victory we've scored here, folks.

Moyes is trying to play the whole good hearted manager with all this no player is bigger than the club bologne ...what is this the movie goal !

Ever since Jose said "If I were Rooney , id say do what makes you happy" ....that was him starting the mind games , now look far his genius tactical games have come ...Man Utd maybe potentially planning a move for Gareth Bale because they know they will get more funds from the Rooney to Chelsea deal !

This may be Shevchenko part 2

I doubt it. Sheva was Roman's idol, past 30, missused and neglected by Jose. If Sheva got the chances that Torres has been given I am 100% certain he would have been a success.

And just for a heads up Ferando Torres as confirmed by Ray Wilkins was an Ancelloti signing. As far as I know Romam has only ever pushed for one player, Sheva.

Sorry for being offtopic, but I have a question for those living in England - every day I'm reading all kind of tweets and quotes and so on. Can you please name the most reliable newspapers/sources from English media? A top5 maybe?

Abou rags like the mirror, mail, sun and star....

I'd go in this order:

The Guardian

BBC

Sky Sports

The Times

Independent

Some hack journo writing for the Guardian just suggested Moyes should ask for both Mata AND Luiz in a straight swap deal for Rooney. Went on to say that it could be a good deal for everyone. And these people actually get paid to write this shit? <_<

If we really wanted to get rid of Mata and Luiz, we could easily sell them to Real Madrid, Barcelona or PSG in a blink of an eye for £60m combined and then use half of that money to buy Rooney without giving one of our main title rivals some of the best players in the league in exchange. But why the fuck would we do that either when we can keep both of them and still buy Rooney, it's not like the club are in a desperate need for money and the idea is not to buy a player just for the sake of buying but instead because Mourinho wants to improve the team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You