Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football journo Graham Hunter believes Chelsea are after Rooney.

2 recent tweets: Part three of all this will be whether or not Chelsea manage to complete the deal they want, to sign Rooney.

United know of Chelsea´s interest and IF he does move it will not have anything to do with new manager taking over.

He's surely amongst the top 5 finishers in the league, has an engine in him, has learned how to play in midfield well, has good link-up play, decent strength, he's decent at headering the ball & would in general improve the team IMO.

It's not my money, it's Roman's. All the above plus the need for more English players in the team makes me think it should happen.

He's also a leader on the pitch despite having his perhaps 'chaotic' moments. Hazard and Mata would be incredible with him i feel.

Edit: Just a point; Just because United are interested in listening to offers for him doesn't mean he's not good enough for us. We play a completely different style to them, one which Rooney would thrive in. With Moyes (seemingly) becoming their next manager things would be tricky as Moyes & Rooney had a major fallout regarding something one or the other wrote about the other in a book of theirs.

Did see a journo tweet earlier that although he's interested in Bayern, there is 1 premier league team who are interested in him.

As I doubt he'd go to City, we're really the only one who can afford him or have a good enough squad for him to want to join.

he is isnt good enough! he would be a decent squad player though to play in the pivot in cup games ect

Not good enough! I'm not Rooney's biggest fan but do you watch football?

I posted in the Mourinho or Fergie thread earlier that I could see us going after Rooney and Jose joining us... :ph34r:

I should start an ITK account on Twitter.

He was a beast after Ronaldo left, when he was the main man in attack, but every season after that he has been pushed further and further back. He's doing alright but it's clearly not the same Rooney. I can see him thriving in a new team playing as the striker, not in freaking midfield.

He was a beast after Ronaldo left, when he was the main man in attack, but every season after that he has been pushed further and further back. He's doing alright but it's clearly not the same Rooney. I can see him thriving in a new team playing as the striker, not in freaking midfield.

Totally agree. His adaptability & workrate has been his downfall, just use him as the main man upfront.

Shorter Cavani but with better passing. Me likey. However, he has a monster of our contract. He'll be worth the transfer fee but that contract would make him the higest paid Chelsea player, not ok with that.

He has been playing professional football full time since he was 16, he is now 27 and is showing signs of burn out. He doesn't help his cause with the lifestyle he leads :/ Great player when he is interested but can only seeing him regressing as a player

Not good enough! I'm not Rooney's biggest fan but do you watch football?

you clearly dont! he is a crap striker! he is isnt no where near as good as Mata or Hazard as a number 10 and he isnt a winger so where would he play???

exactly i rest my case! :wave::wave::wave:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You