Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so. But some ppl have already mention that they dont see Rooney as a pure striker (Falcao, RvP) - and i agree. Rooney is best in a free role, and we already have Hazard and Mata, and i rate them higher than Rooney.

IF we would go after a striker (hope not, Lukaku, Ba and a third choice is enough), Falcao would be the best fit.

Rooney isn't a pure striker - everyone will agree with that. That doesn't mean he's comparable to Hazard who has a complete different set of skills and playing style, Mata and Hazard are also very different players, even though they both prefer the attacking midfield position.

Rooney would definitely improve our team, despite the fact that we have Mata and Hazard who want the free role. Not that I think there is even a slight possibility he'd ever join.

RVP as a striker is far more dangerous than Rooney is or ever will be.

Robin Van Persie Goal tally since 2001: 176

Wayne Rooney Goal tally since 2002 213

Not only has Van Persie played in an easier league and for longer, Wayne Rooney is also two years younger, so please explain to me the reason why RVP is better then Rooney?

Stats only show half of the story, mind.

You can't really compare Rooney and RVP - but right now, as goalscoring centre-forwards, RVP is doing a more emphatic job, which would suggest his superiority at this very moment.

However Rooney is an incredibly versatile player and his vision is underrated. He has a good range of passing and is as creative a player that England have had since Gazza.

Robin Van Persie Goal tally since 2001: 176

Wayne Rooney Goal tally since 2002 213

Not only has Van Persie played in an easier league and for longer, Wayne Rooney is also two years younger, so please explain to me the reason why RVP is better then Rooney?

Just take a look at this season. If Rooney was the more dangerous front man, why do United insist on playing RVP as their furthest forward man? Rooney is far more effective deeper than RVP, but when it comes to centre forwardship, it's pretty evident that RVP is more dangerous upfront than Rooney is.

We'd be far more dangerous with RVP upfront than Rooney IMO.

Just take a look at this season. If Rooney was the more dangerous front man, why do United insist on playing RVP as their furthest forward man? Rooney is far more effective deeper than RVP, but when it comes to centre forwardship, it's pretty evident that RVP is more dangerous upfront than Rooney is.

We'd be far more dangerous with RVP upfront than Rooney IMO.

Don't agree, united have had to change there formation to accommodate so many strikers and since Rooney is the only one of them that can actually hold up the ball and pass, he has been the one to give up his spot for the team. Rooney would be a much better acquisition then glass-legs.

Truth is that both Rooney and Rvp are terrible when comes to NT and CL big games...they just dont perform there...

Well, typically Arsenal's trophy campaign ends at around March, so its no surprise why RVP has stopped scoring now...

Truth is that both Rooney and Rvp are terrible when comes to NT and CL big games...they just dont perform there...

Isn't it the case that Rooney has scored in more away games in the Champions League than anyone else? Plus he scored in the 2011 final.

I don't think he's as terrible as you're suggesting.

RVP is clearly the more clinical one/the real striker of the 2 when both in form. That said, RVP's main problem is his lack of consistency, especially when it counts... .

Last season was an exception tho when he scored against every side in the league...thinking internationally fe, with the netherlands, he could've done (way) better.

Isn't it the case that Rooney has scored in more away games in the Champions League than anyone else? Plus he scored in the 2011 final.

I don't think he's as terrible as you're suggesting.

Ok he is not terrible, but very unconsistant...

hmm... his form is dipping, losing pace and mobility... not that clinical in front of the goal... would cost a fortune.... yup he'll be joining Chelsea in the summer!

not this summer ,,we will wait till he is completely fucked,,,maybe next January

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You